Watch us play D&D live!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello!

My friends and I started playing D&D back in Summer 2010 just to see what all the fuss was about, and we have loved every second of it. It's incredible how all of us have bonded as friends. It was the fantastic D&D podcasts that convinced us to try it out: the Robot Chicken videos and the Penny-Arcade audio podcasts (and later the videos).

Inspired by those podcasts, we thought we'd share the fun we've been having in our D&D games by starting a livestream. We love playing D&D, and I think that comes across in the stream.

You can find our livestream at: twitch.tv/DnDLive

We're currently in the middle of a new adventure. You can find older videos in our archive. Or click here for the first part of that adventure and click here for the second.

Our next stream with be tomorrow, Sunday, January 22nd at 8:00pm CST or 2:00am GMT.  

We also have a blog where you can read about our part and our latest adventures. The blog is: DnDLive.wordpress.com 

A quick word of warning: We sometimes use adult language in our streams.

If we get a big enough crowd, we love having some viewer participation, such as: if a skill check is good enough, what happens on a critical fail, etc.   It's all about having a good time and enjoying some D&D. We've had several people tell us that our stream is great for people who are new to D&D or are thinking about getting in to it. 

Some quick FAQs:

• We use 4th edition with a few (but not many) house rules.

• The video/audio quality is not what we'd like, but we're saving up to buy new equipment.

• We love streaming but aren't quite ready to put the camera on our faces. So right now it'll just be the board.

• Feel free to ask us any questions about our characters or the adventure in the chat, but remember most of that stuff is on the blog.

• We use whatever it is we can to make our adventures better. For example, we have Hero Quest minis, official D&D minis, hand-painted minis and LotR RISK pieces all mixed in together. We use official D&D adventure maps but make our own using CAD-like programs, maps painted on paper, or maps drawn on grid pads. We use LOTS of music from all sorts of sources (movie, game, show soundtracks, plus original music, etc.).

My name is Landon and I'm the current DM. This latest adventure is completely original (though, like every good storyteller, I borrow things A LOT), and I have to say, I'm EXTREMELY excited about it. It's only just begun. I try to make my games as cinematic as possible. To see what I mean, go to about 34 minutes in on this video from our first session. I hope you like it!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks and hope to see you tomorrow! 

Groovy. I may tune in.

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
I watched this when yall were setting up and briefly when you were playing (FSHSchmo here) and it was quite neat.  Will try and catch it tonight.  Are yall on twitter so I can keep tabs on when you go live?
I watched this when yall were setting up and briefly when you were playing (FSHSchmo here) and it was quite neat.  Will try and catch it tonight.  Are yall on twitter so I can keep tabs on when you go live?

Dude! We meet again.

I just made our Twitter accout: @DnDLiveTV
(DnDLive was taken. Boo.)

Thanks and hope to see you later!

Dude! We meet again.

Now following and will be sure to retweet when yall go live.  I have rolled a few characters in the red box and walked my wife through it, having a blast!  I get my DM kit tomorrow so cant wait to get my coworkers playing.  Will try my best to tune in tonight to watch!

Dude! We meet again.

Now following and will be sure to retweet when yall go live.  I have rolled a few characters in the red box and walked my wife through it, having a blast!  I get my DM kit tomorrow so cant wait to get my coworkers playing.  Will try my best to tune in tonight to watch!

Awesome! Good luck with that. And thanks for the Twitter help! See you in about 4 hours...
Sounds cool i'll look it up and see what the Riders will do !
(Shameless bump)

We're streaming D&D right NOW!

Stream: twitch.tv/DnDLive 
Twitter: DnDLiveTV
Blog: DnDLive.wordpress.com 

I think tonight is going to be very epic. If you've kept up with us, there are TWO big reveals tonight! And a huge battle. And some roleplaying. I think it'll be a great session. Hope you can join us! Thanks!
(Shameless bump)

We're streaming D&D right NOW!

Stream: twitch.tv/DnDLive 
Twitter: DnDLiveTV
Blog: DnDLive.wordpress.com 

I think tonight is going to be very epic. If you've kept up with us, there are TWO big reveals tonight! And a huge battle. And some roleplaying. I think it'll be a great session. Hope you can join us! Thanks!

Watching now!

Sign In to post comments