Your most memorable character death

What is your most memorable character death and how did the edition of D&D you were playing contribue to the experience? 

I recall playing a paladin that was aged 60 years, lost an arm to a staff of withering, and then fell from the sky after being pushed from the roof of a cloud castle.      

I do recal a druid that turned himself into a small snake and unknowingly went down a badger hole.  He was subsequently killed by the rodent and the party had no idea what had happened.   

All fun stuff.

Canonball to the groin of my 2nd Edition wizard.  Lost my patience and jumped down into the dark galley of a ship, only to be told I had jumped into a cannon. 

Survived the shot to the nutts but not the impact after I was sent into orbit... Feather Fall, always memorize Feather Fall!

I normally DM so I will take this as a memorable death in my world.

PC attempts to turn an enemy wizard into a Pigeon with Polymorph (AD&D).
Wizard saves.
Wizard returns the favor.
PC does not save.
PC does not make int check so they believe they are a pigeon.

Dwarf/Fighter:  I am under the beholder right?
Me:  Yeah
Dwarf/Fighter:  Ok is he in reach?
Me: Yeah
Dwarf/Fighter:  Ok I hook his bottom lip and hoist myself up and into his mouth.
Me:  ...
Dwarf/Fighter:  I have a dagger and a spike on my helmet I think I can do more damage per round than he can with his bite.
Me:  ...

One scoop of creamed potatoes. A slice of butter. Four peas. And as much ice cream as you'd like to eat.
While fighting a lich, my rogue had found the phylactery.  on the lich's turn, he mind controls a friend and decides that it was time to use that vorpal sword hed been saving.  knowing that i was not getting out of this situation, i put the phylactery on my shoulder and turned into the swing.... dead rogue, doomed lich... totally worth it :P
Ultimate Magus metamagicked to hells.

Bounced a 450hp blast damage spell on a badguy.

Ring of spellturning.

Mage=atomized mist

(we still laugh around the table about it)

Sadly, I've not had a character die since I mostly DM.  I will, however, describe the most memorable character death in one of my campaigns.

The party was chasing some sort of BBEG with their airship onto a floating isle where his fortress was.  One of the players (who was absent that session) stayed behind in the airship while the party went onto the isle.  The enterance to the keep was trapped with a trapdoor that led to a shaft through the isle and onto the countryside thousands of feet below.  All but one of the characters, Gluteus Windstorm, passed their Reflex Saves to avoid the trapdoor.  Being a (typically) kind-hearted DM, I allowed Windstorm and each other a player a Dex check to catch the poor character.  All fails.  Giving Gluteus the benefit of the doubt, I had the absent player's character position the airship below the isle while the players were working up to this point in the adventure.  So Gluteus survived to play another day.

Except that player decided he didn't want to sit out the boss fight in the adventure.  So, he had the airship's crew fly him back up and drop him off in the courtyard.  (Something that could now be done since they deactivated the crystal that was putting a wall of force over the top of the isle.)  Gluteus Windstorm took the precaution to carefully tie a rope around his waste and tie said rope off somewhere secure.  DC 10 Use Rope check.  At the time, the rules system said to wait to actually make the check until the roll was relevant.  The trap door was still open, so Windstorm would just need to climb the 10-foot section of the wall (it was a large pit) from the edge of the pit to the fortress's entrance.  The rest of the group, thinking Gluteus was dead, had already moved on, so he was on his own here.  Climb check roll was an 8 (full plate wearing fighters had some terrible modifiers) and and the Use Rope check was a 6.  So, down the poor character went a second time, and not enough time had elapsed for it to make sense to re-position the airship below the isle again.  Hilarity ensued, and one of the other players had even posted on Facebook later: "What has to be going through your head the SECOND time you fall down the 200-foot shaft?"  Now the interesting part: the character didn't even die.  Terminal velocity in 3.5 was 20d6 and he had enough hit points that, after damage was rolled, he didn't even drop to zero.  (I guess I lied earlier when I said I'd talk about a death.)  This is now part of our gaming group's lore.

Given the rules of 4e, this really wasn't something that could have happened at all, though.  First, the DMG had guidelines that prevented hazards from doing more than a certain amount of damage.  (Which would have stymied the creation of a perfectly-good trap.  Remember: the character was just supposed to fall onto the airship, not fall to his certain(ish) death.)  Since the fall was basically an undetermined amount of feet, and 4e has no rule for terminal velocity, his character would have actually died, so I would have been forced to create a pit-trap that wouldn't have been nearly as memorable.  Sure, it would have been balanced, but our group would not have had as much fun.

Now don't take this as an I-hate-4e post.  I DMed a campaign that lasted a year and was a blast in 4e.  Rather, I'm just answering dmgorgon's post.
My most memorable character deaths have come about from cheap shots by a DM, unfortunately.

I guess the first one wasn't really cheap so much as unexpected. My swordsage character took down a battle troll that was going to take out a town, and was killed by massive damage when the troll then exploded. At least he saved the town.

The other memorable one was when the DM downed my chaos sorceror with a crit from a greataxe wielding grimlock and then proceeded to coup de gras him, rather than focus on the guy that was still standing. I suppose it makes some sense, but was not the fun kind of story death I would have hoped for (though it did make me strongly consider a revenant character later on).
This was one of my friends deaths who was trying D&D for the 1st time.

Rogue steals gold from party, plants it on barbarian to avoid suspicion.
Barbarian decides to eat the evidence.
DM decides system shock survival for every 10 gold the barbarian eats.
Barbarian eventually fails system shock survival role - dies.

We were playing 2e and were all first level.

The party walks into a temple and the DM tells us there is a black house cat looking at them. Then one player who has a particular hate on for cats,  starts threatening it. 

One thing leads to another and he has his character attempt to kick it.   Well... he forgot that his character was only level 1 and had about 2 hp left.   We were all injured from a few skeletons that attacked us previously.   

Anyway, the cat jumped on his face and started scratching his eyes out.   Next thing we know his character goes down after several rounds of him trying to kill it and missing every time.  

We all had a good laugh that day.   Especially since that particular player hated cats with a passion. 

Killed by a house cat  lol.

First, the DMG had guidelines that prevented hazards from doing more than a certain amount of damage.  (Which would have stymied the creation of a perfectly-good trap.  Remember: the character was just supposed to fall onto the airship, not fall to his certain(ish) death.)  Since the fall was basically an undetermined amount of feet, and 4e has no rule for terminal velocity, his character would have actually died, so I would have been forced to create a pit-trap that wouldn't have been nearly as memorable.  Sure, it would have been balanced, but our group would not have had as much fun.

Yeah I don't use that rule either.     If my 1st level party wants to climb the mountain and set up an ambush point next to a 400 foot drop I'll let them.     I'm not going to say that a 400 drop is not level appropriate or unbalanced. 

We were playing 2e and were all first level.

The party walks into a temple and the DM tells us there is a black house cat looking at them. Then one player who has a particular hate on for cats,  starts threatening it. 

One thing leads to another and he has his character attempt to kick it.   Well... he forgot that his character was only level 1 and had about 2 hp left.   We were all injured from a few skeletons that attacked us previously.   

Anyway, the cat jumped on his face and started scratching his eyes out.   Next thing we know his character goes down after several rounds of him trying to kill it and missing every time.  

We all had a good laugh that day.   Especially since that particular player hated cats with a passion. 

Killed by a house cat  lol.

He had it coming :33.

Personally I don't think I've ever died, but I came close once.

Basically, playing 4e Tomb of Horrors, and in Moil, trying to open a portal to the Shadow Temple. As our arcanists start making skill checks on the thing, the Tortured Vestige shows up (For those not in the know, it's like a level 21+ solo or something and the party is level 16 at this point).

So, essentially, we have to repel this [Debutantes avert your eyes] with half our party while the other half focuses on getting the portal the [Debutantes avert your eyes] open.

They eventually succeed and everyone is running through it. My turn comes up and being the best at defending, I'm like "I'm good for now, everyone else get through." (In retrospect I could have delayed, but whatevs, this makes for a better story anyway).

So, The vestige's turn comes up after everyone else has left. It makes four attacks against me. They all whiff (Which IMO is pretty impressive in it's own right given that he's ~5 levels above me). Then he action points, and manages to connect with all four.

Bottom line, I'm at 0 hitpoints with Regen N and Ongoing N with nobody else in the party left. So at this point I'm basically dead. my DM goes to brag that he finally killed somebody to nearby friends (in a friendly, good natured ribbing sort of way), and I begin planning out my next defender.

About 5 minutes into this, I'm like "Wait, I had resist 5 to all damage from the Battle Aspect I cracked earlier." Which I would have been perfectly fine if my DM had been like "Too late." but he let me go back and actually be at 20, six squares away from the portal. He's like "Cool, but your still grabbed by it." I respond with "Teleport 3 as a  move action courtesy of BA. Use my standard to repeat :33."

And that shall be remembered as the day he almost.... Jack Sparrow. 

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I was playing a 2nd edition wizard, around third level, and our party was fighting some giant spiders.

I had no spells above 0th level left in memory (I had memorized 4 cantrips in place of a first level spell, as per the rules in some supplement), and one cantrip left.  The party was having some trouble, but we were doing ok.

Then the DM informed us that six more giant spiders were climbing down the web (about 60 feet high) towards us.  Thinking quickly, I cast my one remaining cantrip, Firefinger, and lit the web on fire.

A flaming spider landed on me and crushed me to death.

(All the spiders died, though, so the party survived!)
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
I was playing a druid in 3.5, we were about level 7-8 I believe. We had been searching for where an enemy orc horde had holed up in the wilderness when we came to an abandoned castle. Upon inspection we noted that it had been recently occupied, so we proceeded with caution into it. As we entered the courtyard the gates slammed behind us and orcs streamed out of hiding, mostly from inside and behind the main building in front of us. Additionally we noted that on each of the 4 corners of the castle's exterior walls was mounted a catapult and a large supply of (explosive) barrels. They were pointed inward; we had clearly walked into a trap.

After a quick round or two, I decided that we may be able to turn the catapults against them. Somehow (little hazy now, I either flew or climbed) I got to the top of one of the corners and dispatched the two orcs manning the catapult. On my next turn I loaded and launched the catapult, killing a few orcs with the shot.

What I failed to consider was the inherent danger of being surrounded by about a hundred explosive barrels... So the orcs turned their catapults to my corner and let loose. They hit the tower, then the DM rolled to see which section of the tower it hit (bottom, middle, top). It landed in the middle and made the top collapse. I had a strong feeling that the impact at the bottom of the fall would be my undoing (seeing as all the barrels were falling too). I sort of shared a look with the DM and asked "Can I use some sort of situational action as a sort of last stand?" "What do you want to do?" "I want to use my ring of telekineses (it was limited by charges/day) to hurl as many of these barrels outward to the horde and take as many of them down in a fiery blazing rain of death?"  "Yes. Yes you can."

And thus, my druid exploded and sent a swath of explosions outward, killing a huge clumping of the enemy horde. I was content with his ending =) 
A note to all who think I am being aggressive or angry- 99% of the time, I do not intend to be. I apologize if you think I am attacking you, odds are very strong that I am not. The only exceptions are when people become extremely uncivil to me, and even then I usually ignore them. I think it is very obvious when I am really mad; if I just seem generally abrasive, it is a reflection of my thought process rather than a state of emotion. I have the greatest respect for those who can debate rationally, even if we come to different conclusions. I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
What is your most memorable character death and how did the edition of D&D you were playing contribue to the experience? 

I recall playing a paladin that was aged 60 years, lost an arm to a staff of withering, and then fell from the sky after being pushed from the roof of a cloud castle.      

I do recal a druid that turned himself into a small snake and unknowingly went down a badger hole.  He was subsequently killed by the rodent and the party had no idea what had happened.   

All fun stuff.

I like this thread... We need more levity on this forum.

I mostly DM, so player character deaths are less frequent (and harder to remember) than otherwise. THat said, the most spactactular charcter death I think I've ever had was last Sunday in a 3.5 conversion of 2e's Return to the Tomb of Horrors... My poor wizardress died from aging 2,000+ years in a single round.

Damn you, Acererak!!!

That said, I've really come to appreciate the party's priestess of Corellon. :D
I have only had one actual D&D death... survived a couple of near TPKs (as in everyone else died.)

I was a level 3 duskblade and the group was fighting some varient Umber Hulk (i think)... No one could actually hit it because of the confusion effect.  I cast true strike stepped forward with my eyes closed and power attacked while casting shoking grasp though my bastard sword.  Did a significant amount of damage.  Also got its attention.

The rest is, as they say, history.  Very brief, very painful history.

Not the most memorable of deaths though.

Much better is the story of a near TPK...

Having found a whirpool in a sewer that was created by a magic bag that seemed to be able to suck up an infinate amount of water the party decides to retrieve the bag and investigate.

The Elf bard had been annoying everyone (particularly my orc fighter and by extension his adoptive brother (a human rogue)).  The party decided to tie a rope around him and send him into the bag... but when they pulled on the rope they jus got the rope... no elf bard.  The GM took the bard into another room to describe what happened inside the bag.  They took some time. 

back at the table the rest of the party were alarmed by this turn of events and resolved that someone should go in after the elf.  I never supported this idea, assuming that he was already dead.  The rest of the party however got into the bag, leaving my character to stand guard.  They were each to the other room in the order in which they had gotten into the bag.  And we left the game for the night there.  I told the GM that I was taking the bag and leaving the sewer.

Next week... everyone else had new characters. 
once back when 4E was young my character (a doppelganger Warlock) was killed, rather embarrassingly, by kobolds. afterwards, the other character (we were playing with only two character) who was a gnome bard, dragged my character's corpse all the way to the next town. there she proceed to drag the body into the nearest tavern, get completely wasted, started a bar fight, used my character's body as a meat shield, and was ejected from the tavern. she ended up allying with the main antagonist and had my character resurrected. later she almost got killed by rats.

the end.
too many to list but...

the druid who turned into a cow to lure the swamp monster out of the swamp and succeeded.

The day we let the biggest doofas at our gaming table DM. we had 18-20th level characters, there was an evil mages guild with hundreds of mages marching in squads. some how all the mages cast the same spell at exactly the same time.

march march march... fire ball left HA! (hundreds of fireballs go off dead paladin) 
march march march... lightning bolt right HA! (hundreds of lightning bolts kill the theif)

everybody is dieing except... the 18th level "new monk" from dragon mag issue 100, who is making saves for the whole round, taking no dammage, and living. we keep laughing and cheering him on and the DM starts seeming to get madder and madder...   

eventually the DM goes.. FINE! 24,000 magic missles! thats 48,000 points of dammage! (or something like that) and even if you save your still just as dead.. are you still alive... NOW?

the player's answer... uh no...  I guess the DM wins?!?  

the 12th level ranger a friend of mine played who walked up to the ancient elder red dragon and said "may I please be your rider oh great dragon?" (splat)      

and lastly... the werewolf PC who in OD&D were form leaped into a mass of hundreds of Kobolds, he was right, he could kill a ton of em per round and without a +1 weapon they werent hurting him... till one of the Kobold's threw the net and all the Kobolds used overbearing rules to take the were down... then the Kobold General yells "bring the sacred dagger!" and a glowing +1 dagger was handed down the Kobold line...                       
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." Gygax
I was playing a character for a player who could not make the session. He was a gnome bard/wizard. We came upon an orb of pure light that radiated healing energy. Being curious the gnome stepped into the orb, and was instantly healed of all Hp damage, while being blinded by the light. He quickly stepped back and called to the healer to heal his blindness. As she cast her spell, he exploded from failing his fort save for being overcharged by the positive energy plane. The other characters, not realizing why he exploded bought a lot of healing potions next time they were in town.
I was playing a Dwarf Fighter, we were up against at least 12 clockwork archers.

The Rogue of the group threw a couple smoke bombs to keep us concealed. Because of our Lowlight/Dark Vision we were able to see without detriment. I had a damaged clockwork robot corpse with me for research purposes, I decided to smack the guy in front of me with the body. Critical Hit, killed three of them because of momentum(DM ruling)

The only way they could hit us was if they could crit, note my AC is a 30 at lvl 6 due to armor alone, and I had no ranged attacks to fight anyone outside the smoke. I jumped out of the smoke taunted the hell out of everyone to hit me. I dropped down my tower shield to give me complete cover, thinking that as long as the damage was to my shield I would be safe. A couple more critical hits widdled down the shield and I was knocked down to negative health. I am still standing due to my ability to still be awake when unconscious, though I was at -9 health so any action would kill me due to the ability's drawback of -1 health per action.

It would have been an awesome death if the DM didn't retcon it all with an airship rescue.
Ant Farm
My most memorable was with a Paladin in 4e.  We were fighting down undead that had begun to rise mysteriously from a local graveyard.  Due to a bit of a blunder on the part of our cleric, the fight went from manageable to massacre.  We needed to get out.  My Paladin took on the entire hoard, standing over his mortally wounded brother, buying the others enough time to recover our dead and flee(2 of 6 lived, I think).  4e was integral in this death, because without the defender mechanics, I wouldn't have been able to keep all of the foes occupied, they would have just walked past me.
Seriously, though, you should check out the PbP Haven. You might also like Real Adventures, IF you're cool.
Knights of W.T.F.- Silver Spur Winner
4enclave, a place where 4e fans can talk 4e in peace.
Sign In to post comments