Can you regenerate a sacrificed creature?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
If my opponent makes me sacrifice a creature that I have regeneration on and is activated, does it kick in and regenerate the creature or can you not regenerate sacrificed creatures?
Nope.
Regeneration replaces destruction, it does not help with sacrifice (or the legend rule, or having zero toughness, etc.)
MTG Rules Advisor

If my opponent makes me sacrifice a creature that I have regeneration on and is activated, does it kick in and regenerate the creature or can you not regenerate sacrificed creatures?

Regeneration prevents a creature from being destroyed. Only three things causes destruction: lethal damage, effects that say 'destroy', (Royal Assassin, Day of Judgment), and deathtouch.

Sacrifice is not destruction, so regeneration can't save your creature from being sacrificed.

[<o>]
You can't. Regeneration replaces destruction only. Sacrifice is not destruction. (Destruction comes from effects that specifically say "destroy", as well as - for creatures - lethal damage and Deathtouch. Anything else is not destruction.)
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
No. Regeneration helps against Destruction (which comes from (Non-Infect, and Non-Wither) Damage and things that say "Destroy". It does not help gaainst having a toughness of 0 or less (wether from counters or other effects does not matter) and it does not hgelp against Sacrifice. Same goes for Indestructible.
[c]Forest[/c] gives you Forest
Sign In to post comments