Retro Rules, Retro Art

So If I'm understanding what's been put on the table so far, WotC wants 5E to be recognized as D&D to people who liked ALL editions... let's see a return of the old art style!

Like what Jeff Dee is doing. jeffdee.deviantart.com/gallery/33586135
Preferences... Not where they should be. Asking someone if they're Trolling you is in violation of section 3 of the Code of Conduct.
I approve of this message! 
You know, I still think of the egyptian gods they way they were depicted in his art.
Seriously, though, you should check out the PbP Haven. You might also like Real Adventures, IF you're cool.
Knights of W.T.F.- Silver Spur Winner
4enclave, a place where 4e fans can talk 4e in peace.
Meh. If old-school means cartoonish, flat, colourless, with terrible faces, I'll pass.
All editions doesn't mean everything has to be old school for the sake of old school.
I remember Jeff Dee's art mostly from Villains & Vigilantes.  Haven't seen the game for years and years.  

He also did the artwork for those Dungeons & Dragons comic ads back in the (late 70s?) early 80s.  It was years later before I realized it was the same artist from V&V though.

Nice to see he's as talented as ever ;). 
/\ Art
This has its place.  I wouldn;t want the retro art on everything (marketing fail) but it might make a really nice space filler in places.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Assuming Parkinson is still alive, I will happily pay an additional $10 a book for some of his art to be included.  For whatever reason, it screams "Adventure!" to me.
He also did the artwork for those Dungeons & Dragons comic ads back in the (late 70s?) early 80s.

I'm pretty sure that was Bill Willingham.
I prefer my arts with colors! ( These Arts are great, but could look better with colors! )
I'm playing: Abin Gadon, Halfling Bard Winston "Slurphnose", Gnome Sorcerer Pasiphaé, Minotaur Shaman Eglerion, Elf Ellyrian Reaver (Ranger) DMing: Le Trésor du Fluide (Treasure from the Fluid) Un Royaume d'une Grande Valeur (A Kingdom of Great Value) La Légende de Persitaa (Persitaa's Legend) Une Série de Petites Quêtes... (A serie of short quests) Playtesting: Caves of Chaos We're building the greatest adventure ever known to DnD players! Also playing Legend of the Five Rings and Warhammer Fantasy. Sébastien, Beloeil, Qc. I am Neutral Good and 32 years old.
I love the AD&D illustrations. I would be overjoyed to see some of that return to the books. 
I want to see new art work from new artists. I have a Professor who worked on Magic Cards and a bunch his art students are building considerable sized portfolios just so that they can work on stuff like new 5e book or artwork for Dragon and Dungeon. 
Ant Farm
Certainly we could have books that had both B&W as well as full color illustrations. It does come down to personal preference of course.

Unfortunately, Keith Parkison passed away back in 05. He is truly missed by all his fans. 
He also did the artwork for those Dungeons & Dragons comic ads back in the (late 70s?) early 80s.

I'm pretty sure that was Bill Willingham.

A poster here once told me it was Dee.  I thought the art looked different.  Willingham worked for TSR a few years before I started playing (and picking up books and stuff).  So his work isn't in my memory.

Thanks.  It's taken years ;), but now I finally know who drew those D&D ads.
/\ Art