akoma vs nighthawk

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
If i have Akoma, Angel of Wrath on the field and my opponent has Vampier Nighthak enchanted with Celestial Mantle and my opponent attacks dose my Akoma, Angel of Wrath   get destroyed because of Vampier Nighthak death touch ability?
nope, the angel has protection from black and from red

Protection prevents Damage, Equiping/Enchanting, Blocking, and Targeting or in short D.E.B.T.

because no damage is delt deathtouch has no effect and there is no life gained 
>reminder to self< Best not to argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience
thank you sorry about the spelling
thank you sorry about the spelling

The Vampire Nighthawk cannot block Akroma, because it is black.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

It also cannot block because it is attacking.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

It also cannot block because it is attacking.

Wow! OP please make some effort in spelling... :P

Besides, what's the use in Celestial Mantle, I mixed it with an aura that gives protection from creatures (kind of dumb as that card was the only spelled correctly :P I could have clicked it).

So let me reput it:
Your opponnent attacks with a Vampire Nighthawk and you block with your Akroma, Angel of Wrath.

Answer:
Akroma has protection from black so any damage on her from black sources are prevented, thus the Vampire Nighthawk doesn't deal damage to it. No damage, no deathtouch (and no lifelink either by the way).

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Besides, what's the use in Celestial Mantle, I mixed it with an aura that gives protection from creatures (kind of dumb as that card was the only spelled correctly :P I could have clicked it).

I was thinking Spirit Mantle too.
Cannot be relied upon^
Sign In to post comments