Slagworm Question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Engulfing Slagwurm

I understand that if he is blocked or blocks, he stops that creature. What my question is, does that creature still deal its damage to him since he does destroy it?
Engulfing Slagwurm

I understand that if he is blocked or blocks, he stops that creature. What my question is, does that creature still deal its damage to him since he does destroy it?

No.  Only creatures on the battlefield at the start of the combat damage step can deal damage.  The Wurm's ability destroys the creature in the Declare Blockers step, which is the step before that.

Gotcha, and how would his ability apply to indestructible? Would I still gain life, but they still would deal damage?
Unless the creature is indestructible, such as Darksteel Colussus, though you will still gain your life for the ability trigger.
Gotcha, and how would his ability apply to indestructible? Would I still gain life, but they still would deal damage?

Yes, you would still gain the life.  The life gain is not dependent on destroying the creature.

Yes to both Damage and Lifegain. The ability will do asmuch as it can, so even if it can't destroy, it can get you life.
[c]Forest[/c] gives you Forest
Sign In to post comments