Best Character Sheet?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
What are peoples favourite character sheet, and why? 

Im looking for a good one, and TBH none of the ones I found really take my fancy.  I know I could make my own, but I want to know what people think is good and bad about various ones out there. 

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I guess in this case, search is not my friend, as the thread in question, while helpful, doesn't tell me why people like and dislike various character sheets  
d20knights.com/uploads/Gamma_World_Form....

I like this one, because after playing Gamma with the standard sheet I decided I wanted one that stuck true to the origional, but gave room for a sleight bit more permancy.

Also I'm biased because I made it (specifically to suit my needs). 
d20knights.com/uploads/Gamma_World_Form....

I like this one, because after playing Gamma with the standard sheet I decided I wanted one that stuck true to the origional, but gave room for a sleight bit more permancy.

Also I'm biased because I made it (specifically to suit my needs). 

So this sheet is fantastic. I've been looking for ages, for a fillable pdf that didn't look terrible. The only thing that's a little weird is the space for a modifier after the defenses. I assume this is a houserule, but it's not distracting enough to make this sheet unusable. I love the big space for notes on the side. It was big enough that I could put two novice powers, and descriptions for all my gear in that space. At least at early levels, that's everything I need to play, on on piece of paper. That alone is pretty great. Thanks again! I will be reccomending this sheet to  the rest of my party.
Thanks for the props, the bonus space there is to accomidate higher than normal bonuses due to salvaged tech. Also there is a math version in case players hate basic math (like mine do).

d20knights.com/uploads/Gamma_World_AutoM...

Let me know if anything doesn't work or a better layout / field combo, I have a lot of fun making sheets in my spare time. 
Thanks for the props, the bonus space there is to accomidate higher than normal bonuses due to salvaged tech. Also there is a math version in case players hate basic math (like mine do).

d20knights.com/uploads/Gamma_World_AutoM...

Let me know if anything doesn't work or a better layout / field combo, I have a lot of fun making sheets in my spare time. 

As I understand it, defenses don't have a modifier, because you never make a "reflex roll". If you get a salvaged tech armor, it would replace your armor you are already wearing, and so affect your base stat.
Also a few things come to mind, if you are looking for feedback.

• A spot to record XP would be useful.

• The field for the ability score modifiers has a "+" before it. This becomes rather useless when you have a negative modifer, as happens when rolling for ability scores.

• More space in the traits field would be useful. When you want to type your overcharge bonus, and 2 or more special traits that require a long sentence, there just isn't room.

• Checkboxes for second wind and death saving throws would be a nice touch. I'd honestly rather have that, than the box describing what a second wind is. But even if you keep thatm you have plenty of space. The big empty box to record your current HP is at least twice as big as the box for that purpose on the standard 4e character sheet.

• The big space for notes is the one of the best features of this sheet, but with each line being a seperate field, it becomes very difficult to use, when you want to type a lot of stuff in there . A nice big text field would be much more useful. Also, if possible, making this text field automatically shrink the text when you fill it would be even better.

Once again, thanks for the awesome sheet. Even if you ignore everything I suggested, it's still a great resource.
Ooh yeah! The base design was for the math sheet, and the formatting gets really messed up if you have the calculate field also accept input. The extra box is so you can account for things like an Androids base +2 Fortitude, which on the form sheet you don't need, but on the math sheet would fall apart without. I just left it in the blank sheet for anyone who might want to keep it seperate for accounting reasons.

I will however look into the others

And by look into I'm killing the second wind box. Probably the other stuff too. Yay feedback!
Maybe change the label on that extra box to "bonus", instead of "mod"? "Mod" seems like a roll-specific term.