Tell me more about Dungeon Command

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

So, Miniatures are coming back? 12 non-random miniatures per box?

===========================================
Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth

Miniatures Faction Pack

Wizards RPG Team

Dungeon Command features themed miniature factions designed to play as unified war bands, in a game eliminating luck-driven mechanics in favor of player-driven skill, creativity, and quick thinking.

Each Dungeon Command faction comes in its own box, containing twelve miniatures (plus the cards, tiles, and rules for the game). In addition to their use in Dungeon Command, these miniatures can also be used in the D&D RPG, with their cards further usable with D&D Adventure System board games (Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, and The Legend of Drizzt). While each faction is meant to be played by a single player, quick-start rules allow two players to engage in a shortened version of the game using only one box.

Sting of Lolth includes such heroic miniatures as assassin, arachnomancer, sorcerer, spiders, and spiderguards.

==================and======================

Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr

Miniatures Faction Pack

Wizards RPG Team

Dungeon Command features themed miniature factions designed to play as unified war bands, in a game eliminating luck-driven mechanics in favor of player-driven skill, creativity, and quick thinking.

Each Dungeon Command faction comes in its own box, containing twelve miniatures (plus the cards, tiles, and rules for the game). In addition to their use in Dungeon Command, these miniatures can also be used in the D&D RPG, with their cards further usable with D&D Adventure System board games (Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, and The Legend of Drizzt). While each faction is meant to be played by a single player, quick-start rules allow two players to engage in a shortened version of the game using only one box.

Heart of Cormyr includes such heroic miniatures as ranger, rogue, knight, defenders, and warriors.
===========================================

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together" -- Carl Zwanzig

Shaman.jpg
D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

The pen is mightier than the character builder.
Copy this to your sig if you like 4e but don't use the CB.

What's to tell?

Personally, no interest at all. I buy D&D minis from Paizo now.

"The turning of the tide always begins with one soldier's decision to head back into the fray"

It's the new version of the D&D Minis wargame. There was a public playtest a while back, wherein it seemed to be pretty solid. Though we public dont' know if it was made better or worse in the intervening time.
Unlike the old D&D minis game, they're going with non-random packs so you know what you're getting. Like the old D&D minis game the minis are scaled and themed to fit in the D&D roleplaying game, and you are encouraged to use them for such. 
Better deal than Paizo's, at any rate. I'm loving how they'll tie into the board games, because those are pretty fun.
I'm just glad to see new miniatures at all. I will be using them for d&d rpg. but I think it's good they have a set of skirmish rules to go along with them. They did that with the randoms as well. Sounds like a good line up of miniatures to start. it'd be nice if they just kept this set going as far as d&d will go. More icons would be great. Just make a miniature for ever creature in d&d it'll be great.