Equipping certain items

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For some reason, my Level 23 swordmage can't equip his Circlet of Arkhosia head slot item and my Level 10 mage can't equip any orb in his off hand.  Has anyone else been having similar issues?
For some reason, my Level 23 swordmage can't equip his Circlet of Arkhosia head slot item and my Level 10 mage can't equip any orb in his off hand.  Has anyone else been having similar issues?

Find out if it's a browser cache problem or a specific character (DB) problem.  Perform the following:

1.  Try loading the same characters using a different broswer (Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc)
2.  Try making a brand new character of the same class and level and give them just that one item and see if you can equip it. 
I am having a similar problem with my 15th level wizard and equipping The Shadowstaff.  A different implement will equip, but not the artifact.
My wife has been entering her elf warlock. Equiping items isn't working well. Most of the time after selecting an item it immediately unequips. Items equipped by having the system automatically provide gear work. Sometimes it does work. We haven't seen any logic behind the problem. Is there some trick we don't know?

Identical Games

D&D Published World foums at The Piazza (Dark Sun, Mystara, Spelljammer, Planescape, and more); Core Coliseum; D&D Material including my Master/Expert DM Competition entries

My wife has been entering her elf warlock. Equiping items isn't working well. Most of the time after selecting an item it immediately unequips. Items equipped by having the system automatically provide gear work. Sometimes it does work. We haven't seen any logic behind the problem. Is there some trick we don't know?

Having the same issue on my level 2 warlock trying to equip a +1 magic rod.  It immediately unequips.  I can equip other items, but even if i delete the magic rod and re-add it from the "store" the same thing happens.

I have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and they all have the same issue. 

So i re-created him from scratch.  Now i can equip the magic rod, but can't equip my leather armor.  ARRGGG!!!

Get it together Wizards!!!!
DDI Subscriber from Nov. 2008 to Nov. 2010 Yes, I was an annual subscriber before the original CB ever even came out. That's how excited I was. Note past tense. Check out my little DnD blog - http://ncdnd.blogspot.com/
Well I hadn't planned on continuing to subscribe. My wife really liked it so I wondered if I was going to get stuck having to subscribe. Luckily Wizards killed my wife's enthusiasm. Probably not a good thing for Wizards of course.

Identical Games

D&D Published World foums at The Piazza (Dark Sun, Mystara, Spelljammer, Planescape, and more); Core Coliseum; D&D Material including my Master/Expert DM Competition entries

My account has a Ranger character that is unable to equip his Goggles of Aura Sight.

Strangely, he is able to equip a Ki Focus (multiclass Assassin) but can't use it for any of his powers. Neither can a Hybrid Blackguard/Warlock on my account use a Holy Symbol as an implement, even though he can equip it.
I am having a problem trying to equip cloth armor on an avenger.  I know they aren't allowed to have heavier armor, but I double checked the rules and cloth should work.  I think it is just character builder being goofy.

I tried the advice above about using a different browser, but it didn't seem to help. 
I heard that they are making a new video game, where you control the Netherese flying citadel of Sakkors, raining death on your helpless enemies below. Working title: Mythal Command.
Sign In to post comments