What still needs fixing?

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
The latest errata fixed the zone-bouncing issue. What still remains to be fixed in 4e after that? Maybe we can make a list to help the designers.

I will compile a list of suggestions in this message as they accumulate in the thread.

The list in no particular order. I look forward to crossing over items as they are fixed in future errata:

• Kulkor Arms Master paragon path's level 16 feature is too powerful. FIXED!

• Classes with psionic augmentation allow spamming of augmented low-level at-will powers. There is not enough encouragement to use higher level augmentable at-will powers.

• Con-based shamans and swarm druids have trouble maintaining adequate AC.

• Swarm druid's damage reduction is too low with post-Monster Manual 3 damage values.

• Many artificer powers and class features do not work properly since daily item uses are not restricted anymore.

• Morninglord paragon path's level 16 feature is too powerful when party concentrates on dealing radiant damage.

• Charging, multi-attacks, and non-standard action attacks dominate damage dealing too much, rendering other striker builds ineffective in comparison.

• Minions need some kind of defense against auto-damage effects (saving throw perhaps?).

• Battleminds and swordmages need a class feature that allows effective melee basic attacks.

• Runepriest at-will powers should improve at epic tier as in other AEDU classes.

• Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness allows unkillable revenants.

• Warlock's Hellish Rebuke power's extra damage should be limited to 1/round, since it can be abused to deal too much damage.

• Battle Cleric's Lore is too powerful as hybrid feature.

• Shaman's spirit companion may be too easily destroyed with post-MM3 damage values. Has it been intentionally left unupgraded?

• Cleric's Moment of Glory power is too powerful (too high DR at heroic).

• Cloak of Courage is too powerful pre-combat buff.

• Many cleric utility powers should be made minor actions instead of standard actions. They are not taken because of the action cost.

• The attack bonus of many powers that don't rely on enhancement bonus from weapon or implement doesn't scale properly (dragonborn's breath for instance).

• Lightning Fury paragon path's level 16 feature needs the 1/turn treatment. Wizard's Storm Pillar power also.

there are some good ideas in these recent errata threads. i agree with most of them, but i dont agree with all of them
K. A. M.
Ahh, so THIS is where I can add a sig. Remember: Killing an ancient God inside of a pyramid IS a Special Occasion, and thus, ladies should be dipping into their Special Occasions underwear drawer.
K. A. M.

Kulkor Arms Master, check. Can you elaborate what exactly makes it broken? I do not know the specifics myself. I want to include the details in my list.
K. A. M.

Kulkor Arms Master, check. Can you elaborate what exactly makes it broken? I do not know the specifics myself. I want to include the details in my list.

this basically

'Once per round, when you knock an enemy prone with a melee attack, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as a free action.'

Classes with Psionic Augmentation need a way to, shall we say, encourage players to upgrade their at-wills.
* Con-Shamans and Swarm Druids still have serious AC issues.
* Swarm Druid damage reduction was scaled to original MM damage and is too low for the reformulated MM3 damage. (A similar complaint could be made in theory for the Shileding Swordmage, but in practice I'm told that this has turned out to be just fine.)
* Did they fix the Belt of Brokenness? cause that needs fixed. 
Artificers.  Mostly just in that they have a power or two that just flat-out does not work any more, and could use a looking at anyway in light of the rarity rules.

If nothing else, half of the Cannith Mastermaker PP is completely non-functional due to it relying on 'daily uses of magic item powers'.

Hardly the most pressing issue, but it exists! 
A lot of people think moringlord is overpowered with its vulnerabilities.

A few classes need major support and/or rewrites: seeker, vampire, binder, cavalier, and arguably hexblade and bladesinger.

Charging in general is the top way to boost dpr, even for builda that are not supposed to be built for charging.  Multiattacks and non standard attacks generally outperform standard action attacks.
Epic DMing and World Building need books.

does that count as fixing? 
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

I would really like to see minions as legitimate challenges worth their XP cost, rather than mere decoration that is killed without effort. I have found that preventing them from being slaughtered by auto-damage effects helps a lot in this. 
My blog about 4e rules and news: Square Fireballs The Magic Item Reset: A standalone set of items for 4E
I would really like to see minions as legitimate challenges worth their XP cost, rather than mere decoration that is killed without effort. I have found that preventing them from being slaughtered by auto-damage effects helps a lot in this. 

DM says the minions gonna die , roll a d4, roll a d4

I like minions being bloodiable keeps them in the same mechanical space as the rest.. hey then a Warlord or Evil Overlord has reasons to inspire the troups..  
And it is a pretty simple roll it or with groups decide

1  minon defeated
2-3 minion bloodied or defeated if bloodied.
4  minion unaffected

Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

Ruthless Ruffian could probably use a look at, nobody has done much with it and it always seemed just slightly anemic. With as much goodies as other rogue builds have gotten in the meantime they're really just not much of an option and they could be cool.

Charging really needs fixing. K.A.M desperately needs to be nerfed.

The con shaman and swarm druid require very little to fix them and are really excellent fun builds aside from their AC issues.

Really, a very little bit of fixing that could be done in 5 paragraphs would make a substantial difference on all of those things.
That is not dead which may eternal lie

DM says the minions gonna die , roll a d4, roll a d4

I like minions being bloodiable keeps them in the same mechanical space as the rest.. hey then a Warlord or Evil Overlord has reasons to inspire the troups..  
And it is a pretty simple roll it or with groups decide

1  minon defeated
2-3 minion bloodied or defeated if bloodied.
4  minion unaffected

I like this Garthanos, thanks for posting it.
Battleminds need a class feature for MBA's.
What about all the playtest articles they posted, yet never revealed their new status (Arcanist, multiclass, ect)?  At the moment, this makes me think that these playtest rules were to help DnD Next; as they were fixing things.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
What about all the playtest articles they posted, yet never revealed their new status (Arcanist, multiclass, ect)?  At the moment, this makes me think that these playtest rules were to help DnD Next; as they were fixing things.

These have all been updated by now: the multiclass article back in august, the other two in this month's errata:

Arcanist Wizard
Expertise Article
Hybrid and Multiclass Options

Which reminds me, there are a few loose ends in the multiclass article: Executioner hybrids can use their extra damage on top of the striker feature of other hybrid striker class with basic attack powers (e.g. hybrid warlock with Eldritch Strike). Hybrid executioners as written gain 4 at-will attacks. Hybrid Sentinels compare too well with the full class (by gaining the animal companion and are not restricted on power selection) - though some consider this a feature, not a bug.
My blog about 4e rules and news: Square Fireballs The Magic Item Reset: A standalone set of items for 4E
Proper scaling for the Runepriest's at-will powers would be nice.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

What is Belt of Brokenness?
Epic DMing and World Building need books.

does that count as fixing? 

Probably, but not in errata, which this thread is about.

I am not aware of this problem. Can you elaborate?

What is Belt of Brokenness?

Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness.  The item that allows unkillable Revenants to be unkillable.

I am not aware of this problem. Can you elaborate?

All other non-Power-Point at-will powers in the game get an extra die of damage at 21st level.  Runepriest powers do not.  They should.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.

These have all been updated by now: the multiclass article back in august, the other two in this month's errata:

Arcanist Wizard
Expertise Article
Hybrid and Multiclass Options

Which reminds me, there are a few loose ends in the multiclass article: Executioner hybrids can use their extra damage on top of the striker feature of other hybrid striker class with basic attack powers (e.g. hybrid warlock with Eldritch Strike). Hybrid executioners as written gain 4 at-will attacks. Hybrid Sentinels compare too well with the full class (by gaining the animal companion and are not restricted on power selection) - though some consider this a feature, not a bug.

Thanks.  I guess I missed them.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com

Nah, just lower their xp cost. I like a minion's purpose. Make the aoe needed and annoy single target classes by forcing them to be dealt with. Just lower their xp cost so you can fight more into a battle. I don't want a mechanic for them. They are hit, they die. If they die to auto damage such as flaming sphere or a zone effect then oh well. They are minions after all. Tongue Out
So, is anything essential still missing from the list?
Hellish Rebuke: Extra damage should be limited to the first time you take damage. The way it'd worded, you can potentially deal the extra damage multiple times. It's pretty tough to cheese this out reliably, but dealing that extra damage more than 1 time can become really cheesy really fast.

Hybrid Feuture- Battle Cleric Lore: Too many freebies. Receiving free scale proficiency as well as the shield bonus to AC helps just about all hybrid classes too well.

I forgot to mention BCL in this thread, but I agree with shinquickman.  It would be nice if they clarified that it doesn't work with divine healer too since its obviously not RAI.

Here is another big one: Shaman spirit companion toughness post MM3.  Its not clear if it was intended that the spirit be as easy to destroy as it is now.  It interacts a lot differently with monsters now depending on what book DMs are pulling from.  A clarification that this was intentional would be nice.

Smaller ones for clerics:  A lot of people still think moment of glory is too powerful. 

Cloak of courage probably needs a trigger like that an ally has taken damage since otherwise it can be an overpowered precombat buff power.

A lot, probably at least a dozen, cleric utilities should be errated to be minor actions.  Right now a lot of them don't get taken since they are standard without a big enough effect to justify it.
What needs fixing? I have a list.

Parcel System....

* There needs to be a way to do up treasure by the monster or encounter instead of the list of "Parcels" to be placed about on the rare occasion that that treasure is found in the 10 times per level sillyness.

* A better trade value for magical weapons and have different price structures according to what the item is. (Armor vs Weapons vs Potions vs Rings...)

* A way to barter sales that don't treat the player as dirt.

skills ...

* There needs to be a quick (on the fly) way to use skills, instead of having to "create" a skill challenge for every situation.

* Skill challenges needs to have a better way to communicate what is needed to be done to the players. (Or explained better in the DMG section for the DM)

Wizards/Mages -

There needs to be a revamp of the Dailies (And encounters for the Mage) so that the choice of spell for a certain level is made at the time of casting instead of being committed to overnight. This will bring this class in line with the others.
Terms you should know...
Show
Kit Build - A class build that is self sustaining and has mechanical differences than the normal scale. Started in Essentials. Most are call their own terms, though the Base Class should be said in front of their own terms (Like Assassin/Executioner) Power Points - A mechanic that was wedged into the PHB3 classes (with the exception of the Monk) from the previous editions. This time, they are used to augment At Wills to be Encounters, thus eliminating the need to choose powers past 4th level. Mage Builds - Kit builds that are schools of magic for the Wizard. A call back to the previous editions powering up of the wizard. (Wizard/Necromancer, for example) Unlike the previous kit builds, Wizards simply lose their Scribe Rituals feature and most likely still can choose powers from any build, unlike the Kit Builds. Parcel System - A treasure distribution method that keeps adventurers poor while forcing/advising the DM to get wish lists from players. The version 2.0 rolls for treasure instead of making a list, and is incomplete because of the lack of clarity about magic item rarity.
ha ha
56902498 wrote:
They will Essentialize the Essentials classes, otherwise known as Essentials2. The new sub-sub-classes will be: * Magician. A subsubclass of Mage, the magician has two implements, wand and hat, one familiar (rabbit) and series of basic tricks. * Crook. A subsubclass of Thief, the Crook can only use a shiv, which allows him to use his only power... Shank. * Angry Vicar, a subsubclass of warpriest, the angry vicar has two attacks -- Shame and Lecture. * Hitter. A subsubclass of Slayer, the Hitter hits things. * Gatherer. A subsubclass of Hunter, it doesn't actually do anything, but pick up the stuff other players might leave behind. Future Essentials2 classes include the Security Guard (Sentinel2), the Hexknife (Hexblade2), the Webelos (Scout2), the Gallant (Cavalier2) and the Goofus (Knight2). These will all be detailed in the box set called Heroes of the Futile Marketing. (Though what they should really release tomorrow is the Essentialized version of the Witchalok!)

Parcel System....

* There needs to be a way to do up treasure by the monster or encounter instead of the list of "Parcels" to be placed about on the rare occasion that that treasure is found in the 10 times per level sillyness.

* A better trade value for magical weapons and have different price structures according to what the item is. (Armor vs Weapons vs Potions vs Rings...)

* A way to barter sales that don't treat the player as dirt.

skills ...

* There needs to be a quick (on the fly) way to use skills, instead of having to "create" a skill challenge for every situation.

* Skill challenges needs to have a better way to communicate what is needed to be done to the players. (Or explained better in the DMG section for the DM)

Wizards/Mages -

There needs to be a revamp of the Dailies (And encounters for the Mage) so that the choice of spell for a certain level is made at the time of casting instead of being committed to overnight. This will bring this class in line with the others.

These are not overpowered/underpowered/broken/unclear game features which the list is about.

Parcel System....

Wasn't that covered in the DMG1 section on treasure parcels? That's where I remember it being said that the parcels often occur in clumps.

skills ... 

I think that was in PHB1. If not, it was in DMG1. There's a crevasse - jumping to the other side is Athletics, getting to the other side some other way is probably some other skill. One success and that character is on the other side. There's a locked door - picking the lock is Thievery, bashing the door down is Athletics or Strength. One success and the door is no longer in the way of anyone in the party.

I'll go for the latter. My preference is to not even communicate to the players that a skill challenge is in progress. At one point I had two separate skill challenges in progres simultaneously, and a combat ensued that wasn't directly connected with either of them.

Wizards/Mages -

Actually it would be a huge dose of additional flexibility as compared to any other class, causing Wizards/Mages to become significantly more powerful without doing anything whatsoever for any class without a spellbook.

"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose

Wizards/Mages -

How will this bring the strongest controller in line with the others? 

ThaX, I generally at least see where you're coming from.

This time I really don't see how this wouldn't make the already clearly best controller into the Twin Strike of controllers.
Ahh, so THIS is where I can add a sig. Remember: Killing an ancient God inside of a pyramid IS a Special Occasion, and thus, ladies should be dipping into their Special Occasions underwear drawer.
Wizards/Mages -

Chosing overnight already puts them above almost every other class (only skalds have better, which has a major wording problem currently). And in fact, the wizard has several ways to use the spells in his spellbook without preparing them ahead of time, as options that have existed since as early as AV.

Items:
Mnemonic Staff (AV) - daily minor action to hotswap one prepared spell for another from spellbook.
Deck of Spells (AV2) - similar, as a free action, and get a +2 to attack with it.
Versatile Spellbook (AV2) - as free action at end of short rest, swap a prepared utility for one from spellbook.
assorted magic Tomes (AP) - come with bonus wizard spells which you can either prepare or hotswap for as a free action.
Manual of Expansive Learning (MME) (Rare) - Spend a healing surge during short rest to prep an additional daily from spellbook after you have used all of your normal allotment.
Ring of Resourceful Wizardry (MME) - minor action hotswap. Can be used a second time after a milestone.
Book of Inifinite Spells (MME)(Artifact) - take a look if you're in the market for an artifact.

Feats:
Hellbook (PHR: Tieflings) - tiefling only - 1/day as minor you can hotswap for a fear or fire spell.
Improved Tome of Readiness (AP) - requires Tome of Readiness implement mastery. Pick a spell. 1/enc you can hotswap to use that power as a free action.

Powers:
Refocus (PHH-s2) - Wiz U6 - Minor/daily, hotswap and get +1 to attack.
Tome of Transposition (Dragon 380) - Wiz Att 9 - If attack missed, immediately attack same target with an unprepared spell from spellbook, dealing half damage.

Paragon Paths:
Enegmatic Mage gets several hot swap options.

Character Themes:
Renegade Red Wizard (NCS) - Level 5 feature - 1/day at end of short rest you can hotswap one daily for a daily of your school.                          

----
If none of those options appeals to you, you must not actually be all that interested in making use of the spells in your spellbook.      

Parcel System....

Wasn't that covered in the DMG1 section on treasure parcels? That's where I remember it being said that the parcels often occur in clumps.

skills ... 

I think that was in PHB1. If not, it was in DMG1. There's a crevasse - jumping to the other side is Athletics, getting to the other side some other way is probably some other skill. One success and that character is on the other side. There's a locked door - picking the lock is Thievery, bashing the door down is Athletics or Strength. One success and the door is no longer in the way of anyone in the party.

Neither of those are system issues, but instead group knowledge and resourcefulness issues. 
Allot of people never actually read the books properly, and just decided what they thought it said to do was wrong. 

Allot of people never actually read the books properly, and just decided what they thought it said to do was wrong. 

There are legitimate deficiencies in 4E, but people keep bringing up how it's lacking stuff it has or how it's impossible to do in 4e what almost everyone  I've played 4E with does routinely in 4E...

I want the real deficiencies to get designer attention. Not the imaginary ones.
"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
Vulnerabilites shouldn't stack, and needs clarified.

Vuln 4 fire,  vuln 4 cold, vuln 4 all, should only take 4 extra damage.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

- I agree that Parcels as presented are hard to work with.  An example mini-campaign would be a good idea, although not exactly errata.
- The Dual-Stat Starlock is AC-incompetent, similar to the other CON builds listed.
- Warlocks need more minor-action or interrupt powers in their mix, or put GREAT BIG BANGS on their standard action powers, to keep up as a Striker who deals damage.
- Multiclassing needs to be reviewed; if the 3e version was 'too easy', 4e's version might be 'too hard' to effectively use.  (Also not exactly errata.)

Best complements I have yet received:

Show

Making it up as I go along:

{BRJN} If I was writing the Tome of Lore, I would let Auppenser sleep. But I also would have him dream. In his dreaming he re-activates the innate powers of (some) mortal minds. Or his dreaming changes the nature of reality - currently very malleable thanks to Spellplague &c. Or whatever really cool flavor text and pseudo-science explanation people react positively to.

{Lord_Karsus} You know, I like that better than the explanations for the Spellplague.

Prepped ahead of time:

I started the thread "1001 Failed Interrogation Results" (which seems to have faded into that great electronic goodnight, alas)

{ADHadh} These are all good and make sense! I just can't come up with something that's not covered here and is not completely ridiculous.

My 4e characters:

Show

Active:

LFR Half-elf StarLock8 Gondolin Nightstar

AoA Dwarf Guardian Druid8 Narvik from House Wavir

Character Ready-to-go:

Neverwinter Dwarven Invoker / Heir of Delzoun, worships Silvanus (!) "Truenamer" - speaks Words of Creation

Concepts I'm kicking around:

"Buggy" Wizard - insect flavor on everything.  His DMPC version is going to become a Lamia.  Becauae lichdom is so cliche.

Halfling Tempest Fighter - just because nobody else is doing it

Shifter Beast-o-phile Druid - for Nentir Vale campaign

- I agree that Parcels as presented are hard to work with.  An example mini-campaign would be a good idea, although not exactly errata.
- The Dual-Stat Starlock is AC-incompetent, similar to the other CON builds listed.
- Warlocks need more minor-action or interrupt powers in their mix, or put GREAT BIG BANGS on their standard action powers, to keep up as a Striker who deals damage.
- Multiclassing needs to be reviewed; if the 3e version was 'too easy', 4e's version might be 'too hard' to effectively use.  (Also not exactly errata.)

-The dual-stat issues of the starlock were I believe remedied in their big warlock errata a few months back, atleast the PHB star powers are now Con or Cha so you can go Con/Int or Cha/Int.
-Totally agree on the warlock, its powers are wimpy and doesn't have nearly the 'extra attack' capabilities that melee classes do.
- For those wanting heavier multi-classing there is hybriding, though yes the various power swap feets could be simplified. I think the designers initially thought power swapping would be 'too powerful' even though it rarely has any major impact except a few powers that really stand out.   
Don't know if any of these have been mentioned before...

Small Size weapons restrictions

Racial attack powers not progressing as they should (example: a Dragonborn Arcanist Orb Wizard (who favors Int and either Wis or Cha) is SOL on his dragon breath, since his Str, Dex, or Con score will be getting progressively worse as the level goes higher, not to mention he's getting no Expertise equivalent bonus either).

On that note, fix the math in general (and yes, that means include by default the Expertise and other math fixes into the game automatically and without having to take a feat, even though the designers have already said they were aware of this and nevertheless didn't care enough to fix it).

The Minotaur 

Monks need to be able to, in the game proper and without relying on alternatives such as the DMG2 or the Dark Sun setting, apply an enhancement bonus to their unarmed attacks when their unarmed attacks are being used as implements.

Off the top of my head.                
I've finally figured out how to put in a sig. Yes, I'm including this here for no other reason than to express how happy I am that I could finally do this. For goodness' sake, change these forums back (or just change, I don't care).
Monks need to be able to, in the game proper and without relying on alternatives such as the DMG2 or the Dark Sun setting, apply an enhancement bonus to their unarmed attacks when their unarmed attacks are being used as implements.

Umm, a monks implement is his Ki Focus, and you can use the enhancement of your Ki-Focus with any weapon attack, including unarmed strike. 
I tough it even stated this in the PHB3 monk entry...

I disagree.

ALL Minor/immidiate/multi attacks need nerfed.  They don't just make warlocks sad, they make 80% of powers sad.

A rogue who takes anything but low slash just auto-looses to anyone who does.
A ranger without disruptig strike can't compete with one who has it.
Avenger without fury's assault isn't competitive...
ect...

(IMO) Best way is to remove the damage roll.
Low shash does Dex damage and slows...  still a top pick.
Disrupting strike does dex damage and gives a penalty...  still a top pick.
Fury's assault does wis+ally damage and pushes...  not top, but still good.

Multi-attacks need somthing similar too...
Hurricane of blades:  1|W| first hit.  Str mod each additional hit.
Rain of Blows:  1|W| first hit.  Str mod each additional hit.

Brutal barrage shows going pure mod on a multi-attack is still powerful.

And twin-strike need to stay 1|W| in epic.  Still the most damageing power, but it brings it down a notch.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

I disagree.

ALL Minor/immidiate/multi attacks need nerfed.  They don't just make warlocks sad, they make 80% of powers sad.

A rogue who takes anything but low slash just auto-looses to anyone who does.
A ranger without disruptig strike can't compete with one who has it.
Avenger without fury's assault isn't competitive...
ect...

(IMO) Best way is to remove the damage roll.
Low shash does Dex damage and slows...  still a top pick.
Disrupting strike does dex damage and gives a penalty...  still a top pick.
Fury's assault does wis+ally damage and pushes...  not top, but still good.

Multi-attacks need somthing similar too...
Hurricane of blades:  1|W| first hit.  Str mod each additional hit.
Rain of Blows:  1|W| first hit.  Str mod each additional hit.

Brutal barrage shows going pure mod on a multi-attack is still powerful.

And twin-strike need to stay 1|W| in epic.  Still the most damageing power, but it brings it down a notch.

Don't forget the Sohei theme, I still can't believe they printed that. Then again the balance for themes is all over the place.