Ultramodern 4 on its way

29 posts / 0 new
Last post

The mission of U4 is to present 4th EDITION rules for use in non-fantasy settings. These include pre-modern settings, contemporary settings, and those that are far flung fantastic and futuristic. U4 is perfectly suited for any of these following campaigns:

Cyberpunk 
Espionage 
Modern warfare
Space opera
Technofantasy
Urban fantasy
Wild west, with or without aliens

U4 has no included setting, allowing you to explore the rules in whatever context you wish. The rules are offered in a general way, not assuming any time period. The equipment lists a wide range of various firearms. Though most are modern, there are quite a few that are retro and futuristic.

Features:

• The new "Ladder" system which offers more adjustability with character creation. Modify your class with one of seven ladders.

• Eleven new classes including sniper, faceman, infiltrator, and the grappler.

• New armor including powered combat suits.

• New skills & feats.

• All new weapons including traditional firearms, rocket launchers, and laser rifles.

• Pimp your auto. Purchase vehicles and modify their features.

• All new opponents from fanatics to tanks.

And we have preliminary sketches...

And a logo

Sweet. Estimated release date?
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
The cover

Sweet! When can we buy it?
I'm very interested in buying this. Release date please!
I have 25 illustrations thus far...   That's the only countdown I can go by at the moment.   

DO WANT!

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

Artwork's coming faster....

Ahhhh guns. Who doesn't like guns?

Similarly, who doesn't like Modern? 

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
Who doesn't like robot zombies?

Dias Ex Machina is proud to be part of RPGNow's GM Sale. All products are 25% off for the duration of the sale.

www.rpgnow.com/index.php?&filters=0_0_0_...

This is 3rd party support for 4th ed?  God, this looks like one of the things I wished they had made.  I'm gonna have to check this out. . .
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." --Bill Cosby (1937- ) Vanador: OK. You ripped a gateway to Hell, killed half the town, and raised the dead as feral zombies. We're going to kill you. But it can go two ways. We want you to run as fast as you possibly can toward the south of the town to draw the Zombies to you, and right before they catch you, I'll put an arrow through your head to end it instantly. If you don't agree to do this, we'll tie you this building and let the Zombies rip you apart slowly. Dimitry: God I love being Neutral. 4th edition is dead, long live 4th edition. Salla: opinionated, but commonly right.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
You have to do the work first, and show you can do the work, before someone is going to pay you for it.
69216168 wrote:
If you can't understand how someone yelling at another person would make them fight harder and longer, then you need to look at the forums a bit closer.
quote author=56832398 post=519321747]Considering DnD is a game wouldn't all styles be gamist?[/quote]
This is 3rd party support for 4th ed?  God, this looks like one of the things I wished they had made.  I'm gonna have to check this out. . .

And I thank you for that.  We've actually been around for some time; wrote Amethyst and all.  

Here is the latest tease...

I'm going to have something more substantial this week.

INSIDE COVER
Sweet.
Ultramodern4's HIGH RES color image. Receive it with the purchase of Ultramodern4.

Ultramodern4 will be released in April.

(fingers crossed)

Ultramodern4 will be released in April.

(fingers crossed)

We have two files available for download. The first is the Ultramodern4 OGL pre-release, showcasing the first six pages of the Ultramodern OGL. As we stated, this OGL has no layout or artwork; that's saved for final product. The second file is the Ultramodern4 "Hot Sheet"--a reference sheet for all the common new rules added to UM4, sans skills. There, you will find the new damage types, basic attacks, and keywords.

www.rpgnow.com/product/100893/Ultramoder...
So EXCITED!

Play whatever the **** you want. Never Point a loaded party at a plot you are not willing to shoot. Arcane Rhetoric. My Blog.

One of the big elements of Ultramodern which hasn't received a lot of attention is the adventure section. A quarter of the book is dedicated to encounters, maps, and opponents. This is but one section of one of the larger maps.

One of our LARGE maps for Ultramodern4. I mean large...like 10 MB.

Very nice, but do you have a version where the grid lines up straight for those of us that us VTTs instead of printing them out?
Some cool things to show off as we inch ever so closer to a release date...

…when it's ready…

And it's ready.

Ultramodern4's release will be Thursday, May 10th.

Anyone running a blog or a gaming website that wishes to write a review for Ultramodern4 should send me a message (with the website address) so I can ensure they receive their copy.
…when it's ready…

And it's ready.

Ultramodern4's release will be Thursday, May 10th.

Anyone running a blog or a gaming website that wishes to write a review for Ultramodern4 should send me a message (with the website address) so I can ensure they receive their copy.

FINALLY!
one more day!  want so much!