Please don't call the Next Iteration D&D Next

I mean officially upon release. This is from a marketting perspective.

It sounds like a bad 90s or 00s update to an awesome 80s cartoon. Like GI Joe Extreme. It seems like a good idea in some ways, but really it just comes off sounding really cliche.

I really just want it to be called Dungeons and Dragons: Fifth Editon. It doesn't need a silly description on the end.

Conjurer of Cheap Tricks: A Conjuration Handbook

I agree with this message: "D&D Next" sounds at best like a name for the feedback-getting PR/playtest program they're running now.  The released materails should be called Fifth Edition... or simply called "Dungeons & Dragons" with no version or edition numbers to speak of on official packaging.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I agree. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, what are the games with non-numbered editions?
-Star Wars. As far as I can tell, this was due to it actually being several unrelated RPGs.
-Old/New World of Darkness. White Wolf has a compulsive need to not give anything a traditional name, partially to differentiate themselves from D&D.
-Paranoia XP. Given that the previous editions were 1st, 2nd, and 5th, and that it's Paranoia, I think we can safely discount them as being insane.

It really does feel gimmicky to call it D&D Next. Please just call it 5th.
Rhymes with Bruce
I agree. 

Everyone is going to call it Fifth Edition or "5E" anyways.

I really don't care what they call it as long as they give it a working title, soon, so I can talk about it with other enthusiasts.
Sign In to post comments