Roleplaying Cutscenes

Hi, I'm planning an experiment with roleplaying.  I'm wanting to make my next game more cinematic, so I thought, "What better way to make it cinematic than to have cutscenes during and between mission."  I made an experimental cutscene, but soon realized that it needed voice-acting to be an effective storyteller.
Would anyone be interested in providing their voice for my cutscenes?  I would do it myself, but I don't have a quality microphone.  Post a reply if you're interested.

Details
My  campaign I'm planning on using cutscenes for takes place in the Legacy Era, starting shortly before the Sith takeover of the Empire and continuing through the events of the comics (although in different locations and events).  The players are members of the order of assassins known as the GenoHaradan (introduced in the Knights of the Old Republic video game).  Unknown to the players, the GenoHaradan is being controlled by a clone of a Sith Lord (following the concept introduced in the Crosscurrent novel), who has machinized a plan to lead the GenoHaradan into control of the galaxy.  However, his plan is foiled by the rise of the One Sith, and... I'm still trying to figure out where to go from there.
This campaign hasn't started, and I don't plan to start it (except maybe a teaser mission) until I have properly planned out and prepared it.  That give me plenty of time to arrange cutscenes and for my brother to animate them, and hopefully for the community to provide their voice!
Thanks! 
i speak with a strong german accent if you are interested.
however i wouldnt be so extravagant because players tend to dont honer your blood, sweat and tears you have shed for them....
you could do it like the big george with an opening crawl like this here....
"Nobody expects imperial Inquisition" "What doesn't destroys me, makes me stranger"
I can emulate a few FX sounds like blast doors, lightsabers and a few aliens XD

Not sure if I can help but, it will be a pleasure ;) 
Have you ever tried to smile?
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Star Wars HEAVY MOD (M&M) Adaptation http://www.mediafire.com/?b2e9e176n9ck9ia
@Kingpin000
I've already made an opening crawl.  You're probably right about the players not caring, but this is an experiment.  I'll message you a few lines of dialogue, and could you record them and send them to me so I can figure out which character you could be?  Thanks.

@JosepMaria
I could definitely use a lightsaber sfx.  Are you interested in doing any voice work? 
Just joking sorry :P

Yes of course! If I can help, as I said, a pleasure ;) 
Have you ever tried to smile?
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Star Wars HEAVY MOD (M&M) Adaptation http://www.mediafire.com/?b2e9e176n9ck9ia
I'd be down for this! I actually worked as a union stage actor for many years, so I might be able to lend some useful stuff.

I don't visit these poor old boards much anymore though, so you may want to PM me, if interested. 

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

You know, it strikes me that a lot of aspiring voice actors would love to pad their resumes with short gigs just like this one. If you do a search for voice acting websites, particularly those that have a classifieds section or a forum, you should find lots of interested people who can send you samples straightaway. Just be upfront about the fact that it's for credit only (i.e. non-paying), and you'll definitely get responses. Any actor would much rather read Star Wars dialogue than, say, some fake add for diet pills.

Great idea!  Do you know any particularly popular websites that I could try?
Specifically for voice acting I don't, but Mandy.com is a Canadian classifieds site for actors, camera operators, composers, makeup artists... anything to do with film and television. The beauty of voice work is you don't have to live anywhere near your actors, so that widens the field. Good luck! Smile

Sorry to double-post again, but I just wanted to say forget about Mandy. This site here is exactly what you need:

voiceactingalliance.com

I found that site just before you posted it!  It looks perfect.
Great idea!  Do you know any particularly popular websites that I could try?

MorphVox Pro is a wonderful voice alteration software... pretty cheap with presets for droids and Vader. I'm trying to get into voice work also, so if you need any male actors, pm me.

Garrett

The Star Wars Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast THREAT DETECTED is here! threat-detected.com IMAGE(http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/banners/op_banner1_468x60.png)
I don't have a particularly strong ear for accents, but I believe I have a decent range of pitch and timber, so let me know, I'd love to lend some assistance.

Male voice with a decent falsetto if need be.
My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
@MajesticMoose
What is your natural accent? 
@MajesticMoose
What is your natural accent? 

Uhm... I don't know? 

I'm a native of the seattle area, living in the North east of the US, lived summers in the deep south and was raised by my mom who was losing her southern accent...

Plus I watched a lot lot lot of British TV, and when I lived in Japan I was told my accent was near flawless...

So... Salmon? Yes.  I have a Salmon accent.  I'm Floating up-stream!!

More seriously, probably a sort of oddly idiosyncratic american.  However I have some theater training, I do other accents, just not any that are peggable to any particular region.  Except Japanese.  since I've studdied the language and lived in the country, I can speak english with a pretty convincing japanese accent.  Not a stereo typical kind either, substituting l's for r's.  which more a mandarin issue.

My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
Hi again.  I just wanted to say that this project has been delayed a bit, and I won't be able to do serious work on it for at least a week.  I started a new video series for my Facebook page, and that has taken a lot of my time, as well as school work and general life.
Anyway, I'll post again next week if any progress is made. 
I have a ton of recording going on. I think I've digitally altered my voice every  possible way. Anyone interested, pm me.
Garrett
The Star Wars Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast THREAT DETECTED is here! threat-detected.com IMAGE(http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/banners/op_banner1_468x60.png)
Sign In to post comments