[DKA-ICD] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

150 posts / 0 new
Last post
Daa-aam
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
The new Sorin is AWESOME!
o.O
woah

Edit;Yes! I was right 
Bazinga!
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
What. All the people who thought he was going to be white/black were correct. At least he isn't black/red.

Aside from that, a white/black planeswalker is nice, and he has a token-making effect and a decent ultimate. His emblem is interesting, but this new Sorin seems more controllish than aggro-ish.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
Ugh, they ruined him. I hate you wizards.
neat
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
Cool Boss
WOW!
The planeswalker junior  Bloodline Keeper wants to hang out with Sorin! 
This card is insane.  The ultimate isn't that relevant, but when it is, it's going to be bonkers.  Great in control, aggro, and mid range.  Just a ridiculous card.
OHAI. IM JUST GOING TO DESTROY YOUR LILIANA OF THE VEIL AND PUT IT UNDER MY CONTROL ALONG WITH TWO CREATURES. *trollface* PROBLEM?

I'm loving this card. Too bad it'll end up being another cash-cow mythic.  
Between the sweet backstory we just got and this kick ass card he might be my favorite planeswalker. 

Simply amazing.  
And now we learn that emblems can actually stack.......what a awsome card
"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead." —Jaya Ballard, task mage
Wow I like this card so much. I hope his price stays reasonable but I doubt it.
emblem stacking worked with venser too

but i dont like this guy..... how is he white? it feels shoe horned.
None of his abilities feel very white.   The embelm is agressive.   Yeah white gets removal, but the ultimate is kill/recursion/steal.....  

Its a strong card of course, but it just doesnt make sense to me.

EDIT: I read the article on the daily page....at least they explained it alright.
:For autocarding, write [ c ] card name [ / c ] You can also do [*c=lightning bolt]'Bolt[/c*] to get 'Bolt sigged because I always forget to do it
Sorin shouldn't be white and he shouldn't care about other vampires, he should only care about himself. Why wizards why ;_;
Sorin shouldn't be white and he shouldn't care about other vampires, he should only care about himself. Why wizards why ;_;

Read his backstory in the main article. He's apparently not nearly as self-centered as we had originally assumed him to be.
He's white because he actually cares about maintaining balance in Innistrad, and Balance is a white quality.

That said, it's another expensive planeswalker that's going to hit 50 during pre-release before settling in the upper 20s/low 30s. Reasonably costed and an awesome +1 effect.
he is white because he has a sense of honor and justice
Show
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Just a plain awesome card. Every planeswalker that has made tokens as far as I know has seen some play. Emblems are game changing. And Black White tokens has been one of my favorite archetypes. He's a black white planeswalker for four. What more could be asked?

Mechanically, he's white because lifelink is a very white trait, and because tokens have long been a white deal. And he's white because he pumps weenies.

Read his backstory in the main article. He's apparently not nearly as self-centered as we had originally assumed him to be.

That just makes it worse. He was my favorite character and now he's just lame.

Not really. Innistrad is his home and it was his grandfarther that created the Innistrad vampires. He feels a sense of responsibility to the plane and has come to fix things. We saw the same thing with the Eldrazi too so it isn't that shocking to see this in his personality. 
How is he lame from that?
Show
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

I'm glad they gave the character some depth.   He was so 2-Dimensional before.
Where was this Sorin when the Eldrazi were running rampant?

Rules Advisor

Some one hates white cards i presume? There are b/w duals and you could throw a few plains in and still run mono black.
mechanicly black as been getting plenty of life link in recent years to justify it with out adding white.  His emblem is agressive, whites bonuses are either even or toughness for the most part.  He makes mono black tokens.  He destroys and enthralls.     Nothing about him seems white to me. 

Im just expressing opinions here, not trying to argue with anyone..... I just dont like how the charicter is developing.   He was more interesting as a selfish hedonist bonviant.
:For autocarding, write [ c ] card name [ / c ] You can also do [*c=lightning bolt]'Bolt[/c*] to get 'Bolt sigged because I always forget to do it
Its lame to me because I just don't like him like that. Opinion and whatnot
True, his abilities didn't require black but his colors are reflecting his current state of mind and emotions.
mechanicly black as been getting plenty of life link in recent years to justify it with out adding white.  His emblem is agressive, whites bonuses are either even or toughness for the most part.  He makes mono black tokens.  He destroys and enthralls.     Nothing about him seems white to me. 

I can understand where you're coming from, though I still think this isn't nearly as bad as Sarkhan Vol, who is CLEARLY mono-red mechanically and flavor-wise, despite the card being red-green.
All the hallmarks of a great (or at least constructed playable) 'walker. Aggresive mana cost, + ability that generates card advantage, awesome ultimate that's well worth the buildup, and decent starting loyalty. His -2 is also just insane by virtue of stream of emblems.
DANG.  This guy is awesome.  I love everything about him.  Also, I think four mana and a token-producing + loyalty ability means he's likely to see play, especially since his - abilities are still relevant.
 Well, Battlecry was in quite a few white cards (No toughness bonus), in Innistrad Rally the Peasants doesn't give toughness. The fact that lifelinks been seen in Black as much as white doesn't mean its a black thing, its a both thing- Which is why its natural that a Black-White planeswalker can have such abilities. As to white not enthralling- Ha. Ha. Ha. White is into locking people down or converting them to their cause.

And as for being selfish, allow me to say this- His name's Lord of Innistrad. To me, thats saying "This is mine." This is his world. No one elses. The balance he made, HE made has been broken. And he's angry. Some took his world that was going to last for at least as long as he was, and broke it. Hedonistic he is- No Black character likes their things being screwed with by other people. White is about balance. Sorin is. Black is about ownership. And so Innistrad is his.

But that's just me. But honestly- Anyone who gets a title "Lord of Insert plane of existence" is just badass in my opinion. ^.^
Oh damn. Everything about this card makes me very happy. Forget backstory, I'm all about power and this thing's got me excited.

Protects himself? - check!
Makes a permanent impact on the board? - check!
Creates card advantage? - Not until you reach ultimate.
Reachable, game-winning ultimate - check!

3/4 ain't bad. This will be played.
I'd boycott playing his card but its not his fault, its wizards, so I can at least admit its a good card.

On Innistrad?

He did actually make an attempt at fixing things but Nissa had to come along and completely screw everything up.

Either he's confident that the third seal will be able to hold, or he knows that nothing he can do at this point can stop them anyway. Either way its obvious he thinks Innistrad itself is a lost cause.
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
This has to be the worst backstory ever in my opinion.
But card is very good, I guess.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!

This is the same one. I mean it is the same sense of responsibility that called him back to face the Eldrazi that has brought him home. Just since this is his world he is more committed to fixing things.  

Its lame to me because I just don't like him like that. Opinion and whatnot

I don't see the way, but w/e. No point in arguing over it.

Well, Battlecry was in quite a few white cards (No toughness bonus), in Innistrad Rally the Peasants doesn't give toughness. The fact that lifelinks been seen in Black as much as white doesn't mean its a black thing, its a both thing- Which is why its natural that a Black-White planeswalker can have such abilities. As to white not enthralling- Ha. Ha. Ha. White is into locking people down or converting them to their cause.

And as for being selfish, allow me to say this- His name's Lord of Innistrad. To me, thats saying "This is mine." This is his world. No one elses. The balance he made, HE made has been broken. And he's angry. Some took his world that was going to last for at least as long as he was, and broke it. Hedonistic he is- No Black character likes their things being screwed with by other people. White is about balance. Sorin is. Black is about ownership. And so Innistrad is his.

But that's just me. But honestly- Anyone who gets a title "Lord of Insert plane of existence" is just badass in my opinion. ^.^

I second all of this.

Oh damn. Everything about this card makes me very happy. Forget backstory, I'm all about power and this thing's got me excited.

Protects himself? - check!
Makes a permanent impact on the board? - check!
Creates card advantage? - Not until you reach ultimate.
Reachable, game-winning ultimate - check!

3/4 ain't bad. This will be played.

I would argue making a creature every turn is a way of creating card advantage, especially since they can trade with opposing creatures.