2x Blaze
1x Chain Reaction
1x Thunderblust
2x Dissipation Field
1x Thundermare
1x Thunder Dragon
[/deck]

Yes please!
Dissipation field would wreck this format.
Although oddly enough, Trinity would obliterate you with that on the field 
Although oddly enough, Trinity would obliterate you with that on the field 

After playing with ToE, I don't think so. ToE has almost the same problems as CB, but I think it is even worse, because the lack of eficient removal.
Sorry, I meant that an opponent using dissipation field would be destroyed by Trinity. Get my hasty dudes back in my hand to get rebuffed? Thank you
Sorry, I meant that an opponent using dissipation field would be destroyed by Trinity. Get my hasty dudes back in my hand to get rebuffed? Thank you

A good player will keep Dissipation Field in his hand in this match. But the effect will for sure favor ToE. 

It will punnish almost every other deck with just a few exceptions, for example Gatekeeper of Malakir or Flametongue Kavu.
i really like this build, maybe if coudburst was like this it would be efficient... i still think cloudburst is the worst deck as to this date i havent lost to it... and i play almost every deck and i play this game a lot!
I like 2x Thieving Magpie over Neurok Commando (even though I'm a huge fan of the Commando and that art). While being vulnerable to targeted removal, the Magpie probably has a much easier time getting in there for damage so you can draw cards. Although, Neurok Commando kind of fits the more aggressive game plan that the whole Ball Lightning and friends package provide, but I don't know. I still feel like that whole angle of the deck doesn't work out. I think you need more burn/bounce and probably some tempo counter spells like Remand or Memory Lapse to make it come together. The cards with :R::R::R: in their costs are just a huge pain in the butt to play with too as it's so annoying trying to get the right mana together to even cast them.

I honestly wish they never would've attempted that kamikaze strategy with this deck though. I'd rather play with Lightning Blast over a lot of those EoT sacrifice guys. For example, Lightning Blast practically does the same job Arc Runner would, except I have control over what I aim the damage at. Much more appealing to me, and probably a lot of other players that run Cloudburst as more of a control list.
I like 2x Thieving Magpie over Neurok Commando (even though I'm a huge fan of the Commando and that art). While being vulnerable to targeted removal, the Magpie probably has a much easier time getting in there for damage so you can draw cards. Although, Neurok Commando kind of fits the more aggressive game plan that the whole Ball Lightning and friends package provide, but I don't know. I still feel like that whole angle of the deck doesn't work out. I think you need more burn/bounce and probably some tempo counter spells like Remand or Memory Lapse to make it come together. The cards with :R::R::R: in their costs are just a huge pain in the butt to play with too as it's so annoying trying to get the right mana together to even cast them.

I honestly wish they never would've attempted that kamikaze strategy with this deck though. I'd rather play with Lightning Blast over a lot of those EoT sacrifice guys. For example, Lightning Blast practically does the same job Arc Runner would, except I have control over what I aim the damage at. Much more appealing to me, and probably a lot of other players that run Cloudburst as more of a control list.

I think Cloudburst has potencial to be a very good deck, but bad card choices in the deck design made that very hard to accomplish. Despite that I like the deck very much. If CB was just a little more competitive, it would be my favorite deck without a doubt.

This is how Cloudburst should be.

No murder of crows?

I think Cloudburst is already one of the better designed decks, and  I remember being utterly defeated several times in a row playing against it. It just has some pretty bad matchups against slow decks based on big creatures (treefolks, apex predators, ancient depths), and it's very weak in the early game: that's probably the reason why it's considered bad, people try to play it and lose before they can get to the late game where the engine of the deck starts to rev up with the card cycling and all the little combos that you can do.

No murder of crows?

I think Cloudburst is already one of the better designed decks, and  I remember being utterly defeated several times in a row playing against it. It just has some pretty bad matchups against slow decks based on big creatures (treefolks, apex predators, ancient depths), and it's very weak in the early game: that's probably the reason why it's considered bad, people try to play it and lose before they can get to the late game where the engine of the deck starts to rev up with the card cycling and all the little combos that you can do.

You opinion is a valid one, but I think you are somewhat alone with it. Smile

Way too many creatures. The reason why Cloudburst sucks (other than the fact aggro decks are much more effective most of the time) is because it doesn't know what it's supposed to do.

It hesistates between this "EoT and sacrified creatures" option and the "control, draw and burst" one. To say the least, the sacrified creature strategy sucks big time, and the control one isn't that good either, because of the lack of control and of too many useless creatures.

Give it more burst, more draw option, a few counterspells and removals and it will be as good as it gets.

You opinion is a valid one, but I think you are somewhat alone with it. 

He still has a point though.  You removed one of the top 3 cards in the deck.  And you were trying to make it better?  Murder of Crows has synergy with half of the cards in the deck.  Card draw is one of the, if not THE, best ways to gain an advantage over an opponent and besides RoI, CB has the best card draw in this version of the game.  Especially if you are going to keep those Dies-at-EoT creatures.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

And I just noticed time reversal is missing too. That card is so good in this deck if you have the cycling creatures out, since your opponent will be stuck with the 7 random cards that he got while you will be able to cycle the useless ones out, not to mention the combo with Niv Mizzet is just insane (9 damage distributed as you want between creatures and players).

Of course using it against some decks means that your opponent will get a doom blade in his hand and kill your best creature the next turn, but overall this card is so much better than the elixirs that I happily take the risk. 

He still has a point though.  You removed one of the top 3 cards in the deck.  And you were trying to make it better?  Murder of Crows has synergy with half of the cards in the deck.  Card draw is one of the, if not THE, best ways to gain an advantage over an opponent and besides RoI, CB has the best card draw in this version of the game.  Especially if you are going to keep those Dies-at-EoT creatures.

For the record, CB has the best cycling effects, not draw.  The deck often stalls because it lacks proper draw effects and cycling does not do much when you have limited cards in your hand.

For the record, CB has the best cycling effects, not draw.  The deck often stalls because it lacks proper draw effects and cycling does not do much when you have limited cards in your hand.

That and the lousy condition in which Murder of Crows works. Sometimes it hurts you more than help.

I prefer Neurok Commando over it. Cheaper, hard to remove and better at giving you more options.
Why is [C]Neurok Commando[/C] hard to remove? It has shroud, yes but also only 1 toughness. Almost any creature will kill it and the opponent blocks the commando anyway.  I don't think it is a very good card. The crows give card advantage and are strong at the same time and they have flying.
[C]Curiosity[/C] is a card that I would love to see in CB!

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Why is [C]Neurok Commando[/C] hard to remove? It has shroud, yes but also only 1 toughness. Almost any creature will kill it and the opponent blocks the commando anyway.  I don't think it is a very good card. The crows give card advantage and are strong at the same time and they have flying.

Curiosity + Niv-Mizzet = Infinite damage. Better avoid that.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Sorry if I don't share your passion for Murder of Crows. Maybe you are able to construct a good deck using it. I think CB is supposed to win somewhat fast, so Neurok Commando is more in tune with the idea.

It has low toughness, for sure, but with enough help ( Aether Tradewinds, Into the RoilElectrolyze, Lightning Bolt and Dissipation Field ) that is not a problem at all.

And I just noticed time reversal is missing too. That card is so good in this deck if you have the cycling creatures out, since your opponent will be stuck with the 7 random cards that he got while you will be able to cycle the useless ones out, not to mention the combo with Niv Mizzet is just insane (9 damage distributed as you want between creatures and players).

Of course using it against some decks means that your opponent will get a doom blade in his hand and kill your best creature the next turn, but overall this card is so much better than the elixirs that I happily take the risk. 

That card is just horrible. If it was an instant, sure it would be an awesome card, but as it is I can't stand for it.

I think, staying in line with his thread titles, True Believer should be reconstructed and named G0mblerr_2.0

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Nice combo!
A 2 card combo that straight up wins the game is what could make this deck more scary.
I think this combo is just fair, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind is a six-drop after all.
Maybe Curiosity as a 1 of?

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Nice combo!
A 2 card combo that straight up wins the game is what could make this deck more scary.
I think this combo is just fair, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind is a six-drop after all.

Infinite loops have no place in DotP.  It is not scary but extremely cheap and takes zero skill other than drawing the correct cards.  The only other combo that even comes close to this level of cheapness is Reanimate and Grave Titan in an opening hand.

Nice combo!

I think it's a good combo too, but to play in a casual game with friends. DotP is not the place for it. The best way to pump a crap deck is giving it good cards, not a VERY cheap infinite combo.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Nice combo!

Infinite loops have no place in DotP.  It is not scary but extremely cheap and takes zero skill other than drawing the correct cards.  The only other combo that even comes close to this level of cheapness is Reanimate and Grave Titan in an opening hand.

I disagree.
Actually, I wouldn't mind even a deck centered around a specific combo in dotp, as long as they're not absurdly consistent and/or fast.
By the way, it's already possible to setup this combo in 2hg, there's Snake Umbra in auramancer.

And Curiosity is not only good with nizzet, but also with flyers and gelectrode.
It has many synergies in the deck.

Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Nice combo!

I disagree.
Actually, I wouldn't mind even a deck centered around a specific combo in dotp, as long as they're not absurdly consistent and/or fast.
By the way, it's already possible to setup this combo in 2hg, there's Snake Umbra in auramancer.

And Curiosity is not only good with nizzet, but also with flyers and gelectrode.

For the record, there is a huge difference between requiring two singleton cards between two decks and two singleton cards from the same deck.  Anyway, I agree to disagree then as DotP is supposed to be a introduction to Magic or a simplified version of the game and as a result contains many decks that simply would be incapable of handling such a combo.  As a result such a combo would neither be fair nor balanced.  To be fair I think Curiosity would be a fantastic addition to the deck, so long as Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind was removed.

EDIt:  Isn't Snake Umbra bugged?
Nice combo!

I disagree.

For the record, there is a huge difference between requiring two singleton cards between two decks and two singleton cards from the same deck.  Anyway, I agree to disagree then as DotP is supposed to be a introduction to Magic or a simplified version of the game and as a result contains many decks that simply would be incapable of handling such a combo.  As a result such a combo would neither be fair nor balanced.  To be fair I think Curiosity would be a fantastic addition to the deck, so long as Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind was removed.

EDIt:  Isn't Snake Umbra bugged?

In DotP, Snake Umbra gives cards to the auramancer player even if it's enchanting a creature of other player. So, yes, it's bugged. And you can't achieve the combo in the game right now, although you should be able.
But I agree with you, leave those cheap combos out of the game. It's better without them. Do you wanna improve CB? There are tons of cards that can do it without making the game unfun. Give it some recursion and it can be powerfull (the already mentioned Mnemonic Wall is good, but what would be REALLY good is Snapcaster Mage). An earlly beater or two wouldn't  hurt to (if transform ever make the cut for the franchise, Delver of Secrets would be awesome).

I've said it before, but I think Turn to Frog and Swerve would be great additions, and would fit the way that Wizards loves to make decks fit a theme versus a function.

For card draw, how about Scepter of Insight or the less strong Temple Bell? There may be some other good options (I do like Thieving Magpie), but I'm trying to mostly stay within Extended, and I'd like take advantage of the lack of artifact removal in the format.