[DKA] Name and Number Crunch

55 posts / 0 new
Last post

They have one of these up at MTGS, but I found it a bit jumbled so I'm gonna post one here and hopefully improve on the MTGS one:

1. : [C] Gather the Townsfolk

2. : [R] Increasing Devotion

3. : [u] Lingering Souls

4. : [C] Loyal Cathar // Unhallowed Cathar

5. :

6. : [C] Ray of Revelation

7. : ([R] Requiem Angel)

8. : ([R] Requiem Angel)

9. : [R] Seance

10. : ?

11. : ?

12. : [R] Sudden Disappearance

13. : [R] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

14. : [R] Thraben Doomsayer

15. :

16. ?

17. : [M] Beguiler of Wills

18. : ?

19. : ?

20. : [C] Chant of Skifsang

21. :

22. : [R] Counterlash

23. :

24. :

25. :

26. :

27. :

28. : [R] Havengul Runebinder

29. : [C] Headless Skaab

30. : [R] Increasing Confusion

31. : [u] Secrets of the Dead

32. : [u] Soul Seizer // Ghastly Haunting

33. ?

34. : [C] Thought Scour

35. ?

36. ?

37. : (Chosen of Markov)

38. : (Chosen of Markov)

39. : [u] Curse of Thirst

40. : [u] Deadly Allure

41. : ?

42. : [C] Falkenrath Torturer

43. : ?

44. : [R] Fiend of the Shadows

45. : [R] Geralf's Messenger

46. : [R] Gravecrawler

47. : [C] Gruesome Discovery

48. : ([R] Increasing Ambition)

49. : ([R] Increasing Ambition)

50. : ([R] Increasing Ambition)

51. : [M] Mikaeus, the Unhallowed

52. : [R] Ravenous Demon // Archdemon of Greed

53. : [u] Skirsdag Flayer

54. : [C] Tragic Slip

55. : [R] Zombie Apocalypse

56. : [u] Afflicted Deserter // Werewolf Ransacker

57. :

58. :

59. :

60. : [R] Curse of Bloodletting

61. :

62. : [C] Faithless Looting

63. :

64. : [R] Flayer of the Hatebound

65. : [C] Fling

66. : [C] Forge Devil

67. : [u] Heckling Fiends

68. : [R] Hellrider

69. : (Hinterland Hermit)

70. : [R] Increasing XXXXXX

71. :

72. : [R] Markov Blademaster

73. : [R] Mondromen Shaman // Tovolar's Magehunter

74. : [M] Moonveil Dragon

75. : [C] Nearheath Stalker

76. : [u] Pyreheart Wolf

77. : ([C] Talons of Falkenrath)

78. : ([C] Talons of Falkenrath)

79. : ([C] Talons of Falkenrath)

80. : ([C] Talons of Falkenrath)

81. : ([C] Talons of Falkenrath)

82. ?

83. : [u] Briarpack Alpha

84. ?

85. ?

86. ?

87. ?

88. ?

89. : [R] Feed the Pack

90. : [R] Ghoultree

91. : [u] Gravetiller Wurm

92. :

93. :

94. : [C] Hunger of the Wolfpack

95. : ?

96. : [R] Increasing Savagery

97. : [u] Lambholt Elder // Silverpelt Werewolf

98. : [R] Lost in the Woods

99. : [R] Predator Ooze

100. : [C] Scorned Villager // Moonscarred Werewolf

101. :

102. : [u] Strangleroot Geist

103. :

104. :

105. :

106. : [M] Voarpede

107. :

108. :

109. :

110. : [R] Wolfbitten Captive // Krallenhorde Killer

111. : [u] Direfraf Captain

112. : [M] Drogskol Reaver

113. : [M] Falkenrath Aristocrat

114. : [M] Havengul Lich

115. : [M] Huntmaster of the Fells // Ravager of the Fells

116. : [u] Immerwolf

117. [M] Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

118. : [u] Stromkirk Captain

119. : [u] Altar of the Lost

120. : [u] Chalice of Life // Challice of Death

121. : [M] Elbrus, The Binding Blade

122. : [C] Executioner's Hood

123. : [R] Grafdigger's Cage

124. : [C] Heavy Mattock

125. : [M] Helvault

126. : [R] Jar of Eyeballs

127. : [u] Warden of the Wall

128. Land: ([R] Grim Backwoods)

129. Land: ([R] Grim Backwoods, [C] Havengul Fengraf)

130. Land: ([R] Grim Backwoods, [C] Havengul Fengraf)

131. Land: ([C] Havengul Fengraf)

132. Land: [R] Vault of the Archangel

Commons: 19/XX
Uncommons: 19/XX
Rares: 31/XX
Mythics: 11/XX

Total: 82/158

ATTENTION WIZARDS OF THE COAST: You have full rights to use any of my intellectual property found on these boards (I'm not going to use it and it'd be a shame to waste it). -Dr. Stinkyjoeterry, Ph.D.
Unless there's something before Altar of the Lost, that's quite a lot of multicolor for a small set in a non-multicolor block.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
I see an issue with the card number of Nearheath Stalker.  Anyone have a better read on the number?
ATTENTION WIZARDS OF THE COAST: You have full rights to use any of my intellectual property found on these boards (I'm not going to use it and it'd be a shame to waste it). -Dr. Stinkyjoeterry, Ph.D.
Unless there's something before Altar of the Lost, that's quite a lot of multicolor for a small set in a non-multicolor block.

Also with Jar at 152, that leaves very little room for non-basics too.
I see an issue with the card number of Nearheath Stalker.  Anyone have a better read on the number?

It's probably 100.
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
If there are an equal number of each of the five colours, it's looking most like 27 of each. That would make 108 the last of the red cards, so I reckon 100 is probably more accurate for Nearheath Stalker.
It's 100
Updated
Updated
Updated.  We have our first color boundry between Zombie Apocolypse (80) and Afflicted Deserter (81).  So in 80 cards the have gone through 3 colors.  80/3 = 26.666.  So that means we have 27-27-26 split up between white, blue and black.  White is currently confirmed at least 25, Blue is at least 23 and Black is at least 25.
I don't think there will be any nonbasics. I don't think I've ever seen a set without a printing of the basics. So that takes up the last 5 slots. Which means that Either there is one nonbasic, or there is one more Artifact.
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.

I don't think there will be any nonbasics. I don't think I've ever seen a set without a printing of the basics. So that takes up the last 5 slots. Which means that Either there is one nonbasic, or there is one more Artifact.

Nope. Most small sets like this one doesn't have basics. Worldwake didn't had its own basics (its decks used Zendikar ones), Conflux didn't, Alara Reborn didn't, nor Eventide, Morningtide, Planar Chaos, Future Sight, and so on.

Mirrodin Besieged was an exception, not the rule.

[<o>]
New Mikaeus appears to be 70, Flayer of the Hatebound appears to be 89, and Fiend of the Shadows is 62
"I’m going out on a limb and say that undying is better than persist." --- Mark Rosewater
well, there is atleast one nonbasic...Vault of the Archangel is the last one

To me, there is no such thing as an evil personality trait or spiritual condition. There is only sin, concrete and deliberate action that is simply wrong. It is what happens when one goes against one's nature. It germinates in the shadow of risks untaken. It ripens in power exorcised. Beings like us can take risks no one else can, and exorcise power no one else has. We have the greatest capacity for sin, through action, or inaction.

57183108 wrote:
56783528 wrote:
Meh, not sure whether this is entirely accurate, at least for concept decks. Sometimes an unrefined idea cannot beat the top dogs at first, but with a few suggestions and heavy playtesting, they might get there. Islands' diamond in the rough lists are a good rebuttal to your statement.
Islands' decks are more gazing into the abyss of madness and madness staring back at you. With Manamorphose.
The new land we just got is the last card, 158

Makes a cycle of enemy utility lands possible.

Hawt!
Wise words on how to conceal a polymorphed dragon from detection. . .
57064968 wrote:
Through a tarp over it, with the words "DM Exposition & Fluff File."Because players ignore fluff & exposition all the time.

Makes a cycle of enemy utility lands possible.

Hawt!

I find it hard to believe the artifacts end at "J"

Updated.
There is room for another artifact if there is a cycle of utility lands, but they could also do some this set and finish it on the last set
There is room for another artifact if there is a cycle of utility lands, but they could also do some this set and finish it on the last set

The last set is a big set, so I think they'll have their own cycles, not partial ones.  Though it does seem weird to have a one-of, but it is very flavor appropriate though.
Also, the Vault confirms no basic lands.  Making this set effecetively 8 larger than Mirrodin Besieged.
Just realized the Vault is part of an enemy colored Gavony Township cycle.

Source:
MaRo Tumblr

Source:
MaRo Tumblr

YES! I was a huge fan of the Rav Spell-Lands.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.

Source:
MaRo Tumblr

No you weren't

NOOOO!!! Not another Spell-Land.  Why do they waste our awesome RAV Land spots with this crap!

LIAR!

Vote: Febb

Source:
MaRo Tumblr

No you weren't

NOOOO!!! Not another Spell-Land.  Why do they waste our awesome RAV Land spots with this crap!

LIAR!

Vote: Febb

1969 is an awfully early timestamp for such a prediction.

FoS: stinkyjoeterry

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM

Source:
MaRo Tumblr

I'm guessing otherwise. He said we're getting some lands that are part of a cycle, not that it's a land cycle. It could be something like a cycle of rares that correspond to the Planeswalkers in the block. This is Sorin's. Liliana's might be Gravecrawler. Garruk is maybe quoted on a land. And the cycle is finished next set when we get the last couple Planeswalkers.

Or the cycle could be something else. I just don't think it's a cycle of lands with enemy colored activation costs because people are using this card and the Tumblr statement to speculate that yet MaRo explicitly said "Note that I’m probably not saying exactly what you think I am."
maro did an article (a few years ago maybe? Jesus I'm getting old. I think it was onslaught which makes it roughly a decade!) about how everyone thinks of cycles being based on the color wheel. He referenced three green cards that were actually different stages of the same creature's life. It could be the transformation stages of where avacyn has resided, or a keyword cycle or any number of other farfetched ideas that he is fond of. This sounds more reasonable if you consider the fact that he is annoyed with the cycle = color pie mentality and reread his statement.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. How to Create
Show
replace {} with [] {sblock} at the beginning and {/sblock} at the end.
I borrowed this from blood77. All credit goes to him. Great idea for a signature and I'm tired of people not autocarding decks. How to Auto Card
Show
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
Show
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck Auto Deck
Show
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4 Halimar Depths 4 Unstable Frontier 8 Island 4 Swamp Creatures 12 4 Hedron Crab 4 Nemesis of Reason 4 Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4 Spreading Seas 4 Suffer the Past 4 Mind Funeral 4 Archive Trap 4 Ponder 4 Into the Roil 4 Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Result
I actually remember that article.
Show
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
@Drizzt893 i wish you had the link to that article i would be interested to read it
The article is called Zen and the art of Cycle Maintanence it was put out in 2002.
Show
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

Source:
MaRo Tumblr

I'm guessing otherwise. He said we're getting some lands that are part of a cycle, not that it's a land cycle. It could be something like a cycle of rares that correspond to the Planeswalkers in the block. This is Sorin's. Liliana's might be Gravecrawler. Garruk is maybe quoted on a land. And the cycle is finished next set when we get the last couple Planeswalkers.

Or the cycle could be something else. I just don't think it's a cycle of lands with enemy colored activation costs because people are using this card and the Tumblr statement to speculate that yet MaRo explicitly said "Note that I’m probably not saying exactly what you think I am."

He probably just counting the lands with alied colored activations from Innistrad and the lands with enemy colored activations from Dark Ascension as part of the same cycle.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, those who don't and those that didn't expect this joke to be in base 3.
The fact that there's nothing between Jar of Eyeballs and Warden of the Wall helps support the five nonbasics theory.

It wouldn't make sense to have a color cycle of utility nonbasics in Innistrad, and then have very similar looking utility nonbasics in Dark Ascension but make them a different kind of cycle.

You need to give players what they expect. When talking about Eventide, Maro said, we did ally color hybrids in shadowmoor, so we had to do enemy color hybrids in eventide.   

Yeah, that made me suspicious, too, though maybe we're all just overthinking this Tumblr thing. Still, there's obviously room for 5 lands at the bottom of the list, and what other kind of cycle needs 5 slots? Rarity? No. Same thing evolving over time, as someone else said? Unlikely. Cost? Possibly -- someone on the thread for Vault of the Archangel pointed out that the Innistrad utility lands cycle was vertical in cost as well as horizontal through the colors.
Cards that aren't (precisely) placed on the list:

62    Fiend of Shadows
95    Hellrider
114    Feed the Pack
149    Grafdigger's Cage
153    Warden of the Wall

EDIT: Also,

31    Chant of the Skifsang
58    Deadly Allure
124    Predator Ooze

EDIT2: More

12    Lingering Souls
52    Thought Scour
90    Fling
(97)    Markov Blademaster  (I can't see the number, but it's the only place it fits)
143    Stromkirk Captain
151    Helvault

"I’m going out on a limb and say that undying is better than persist." --- Mark Rosewater

Updated.

How many Mythics are we expecting?

How many Mythics are we expecting?

I'm guessing 11 since the DFC gives an extra slot. 
Ouch only one mythic left? well the uncommons seem to make up for the lackluster mythics...how many rares are left to spoil?
I think we can probably lay money on the fact that Elbrus, the Binding Blade will be the last mythic, too. No mythic DFC yet (like Garruk Relentless in the last set).
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
isn't Huntmast of the Fells mythic?
"Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties." - catowner
isn't Huntmast of the Fells mythic?

Good point. Ignore me, for I speak poo.
That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Elbrus at mythic. It certainly has a mythic-sounding name, for one. ;)
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Not necessarily the place to ask this but since you guys mentioned it. I was kind of thinking the Elbrus, the Binding Blade might be Avacyn's sword or staff or whatever she has. I might be way off though, guess ill find out when the card is shown.
Updated

Shouldn't we know the sheet composition of the DFCs? Like how many of each rarity.