01/11/2012 Stf: "Sorin's Homecoming"

174 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Savor the Flavor, which goes live Wednesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
=|
=|

My sentiments exactly.
Sorin might be my favorite planeswalker.

The card is simply amazing.

Still, now I want to know how he made an angel.  
Awesome article. 
amazing card I need four

I definitely like the card. At four mana he's not going to come out too early (for black anyway), compared to liliana, and it'll be another four turns before his ultimate goes off (five turns if you don't want to sacrifice him in the process). The emblem ability I really like, because it's a small boost (compared to some of the other emblems out there... namely all of them) that isn't easily exploited -- if you use it right off the bat, he'll die to 1 damage.

Very appropriate card with relevant and balanced abilities. Nicely done. My only complaint is that I don't play black/white... yet.
My only complaint is that I don't play black/white... yet.

Agreed. I love this card and my jaw dropped when I saw it lol.
I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. [Love, Tolerate, Exterminate] I loooove Phyrexian Obliterator. I lurk moar than I post, and I do it from my phone; so if you see a terribly short post or one with little to no caps, that is why. Current decks; BUG Birthing Pod Korlash, Heir to Blackblade (EDH)
Sorin is ridiculous. I'm putting him in my UW tokens and making it esper. CAN'T LOSE.
Uh, oh, somebody's head will roll for this.  Doug, they screwed up and gave you Mike Flores' preview card!

In all seriousness, what an awesome card!  I'm not the best judge of constructed power level, but I'm pretty sure that card's good.  Four mana, a plus one that protects him, a relevant minus ability that sticks around even after he's gone, and a brutal ultimate that's not even super expensive.  You might actually get to use it in a game once in a while!  

I also really enjoyed the article as a whole.  I didn't know Sorin was from Innistrad originally, and I think that's an awesome twist. 
Oh my. there were slight hints that he was going to be Black/White, but seeing it is crazy. Sorin has been my favorite/ only planeswalker I've liked so far, and this card doesn't dissapoint. I think I may need to start getting used to using planeswalkers now cause I love this card!! Even if he isn't full black on his home plane. I need at least 2 copies if I can't get a playset. Bloodline Keeper/ Lord of Lineage just got a jaw dropping master.
I am not into vampires and darkness; I'm grown up.  But I like the tone and backstory to this.  Plus, I love that video and hope to see more promo videos like it for future expansions.
During GDS 2, didn't MaRo come down on one or more candidates and say something about how a planeswalker preview wouldn't be given to a column like Serious Fun or Savor the Flavor?  Strange to see Sorin debut in this column so soon thereafter.

As a card, I mostly like it.  It seems similar in power level to Elspeth, Knight-Errant, and the abilities mesh fairly well (well, the last one really doesn't mesh with the first two, but at least it's got a vampire flavor to it).  That said, unlike Elspeth, it seems like it really needs to be played in a weenie/tokens deck.  I am undecided about whether that is a good thing or not.
During GDS 2, didn't MaRo come down on one or more candidates and say something about how a planeswalker preview wouldn't be given to a column like Serious Fun or Savor the Flavor?  Strange to see Sorin debut in this column so soon thereafter.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that MaRo and crew could be called hypocrites for what they said in a GDS and what they then did create.  Still, there is so much flavor here that it was probably too hard to resist being hypocrites in this case.
Sorin might be my favorite planeswalker.

The card is simply amazing.

Still, now I want to know how he made an angel.  

Agreed.

Also, I think there's a recepie for making Angels in Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar, The Underworld Cookbook at least that's what I've heard Aszala uses.

Also, that answers the question raised by the question Doug answered a while back here:www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a... 

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that MaRo and crew could be called hypocrites for what they said in a GDS and what they then did create.  Still, there is so much flavor here that it was probably too hard to resist being hypocrites in this case.

No, I'm sticking with "it was supposed to be Mike Flores' preview card." Wink
Odd to go from 3BBB Superevil! to an ambivalent 2WB. Even with the backstory.
I also really enjoyed the article as a whole.  I didn't know Sorin was from Innistrad originally, and I think that's an awesome twist.

The Sorin being from Innistrad bit was revealed months ago.

As for the article: Sorin created Avacyn? Holy crap. 
Known as Blitzer on most forums. Despite the username, I am male. Both sex AND gender.
Am I the only one who thought this story was laaaaaaaaaaaame?

Really, I always read the articles, since I'm much more into flavor than most things, but I had to stop at one point because it was so bad I couldn't stand it. I'm not talking about the writing style, I'm talking about the story itself.
OMG click HERE! OMG! How to autocard and use decklist format
--->
For autocarding, write [c][/c] with the name of the card inside it. [c]Island[/c] = Island For linking a card to Gatherer without writting the name of said card for readers, use the autocard brackets together with and equal sign and right the name of the real card. Then put the message you want inside the tags, like you would do with autocarding. Like this: [c=Curse of the Cabal]Captain Never-resolves[/c] = Captain Never-resolves For using the decklist format, follow this: [deck] 4* Terramorphic Expanse 4* Evolving Wilds ... [/deck] It equals:
Real signature, Sblocked for space:
57817638 wrote:
I like storm crow because I really like crows in real life, as an animal, and the card isn't terribly stupid, but packs a good deal of nostalgia and also a chunck of the game's history. So it's perhaps one of the cards I have most affection to, but not because "lol storm crow is bad hurr hurr durr".
Listen to my SoundCloud while you read my signature. The Island, Come And See, The Landlord's Daughter, You'll Not Feel The Drowning - The Decemberists by vimschy IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/rkvR.gif)IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/L3es.gif) IMAGE(http://dragcave.net/image/m71H.gif)
Quotes
56747598 wrote:
57295478 wrote:
Although I do assume you deliberately refer to them (DCI) as The Grand Imperial Convocation of Evil just for the purposes of making them sound like an ancient and terrible conspiracy.
Now, now. 1994 doesn't quite qualify as "ancient".
56734518 wrote:
Oh, it's a brilliant plan. You see, Bolas was travelling through shadowmoor, causing trouble, when he saw a Wickerbough Elder with its stylin' dead scarecrow hat. Now, Bolas being Bolas took the awesome hat and he put it on his head, but even with all his titanic powers of magic he couldn't make it fit. He grabbed some more scarecrows, but then a little kithkin girl asked if he was trying to build a toupee. "BY ALL THE POWERS IN THE MULTIVERSE!" he roared, "I WILL HAVE A HAT WORTHY OF MY GLORY." and so he went through his Dark Lore of Doom (tm) looking for something he could make into a hat that would look as stylish on him as a scarecrow does on a treefolk. He thought about the Phyrexians, but they were covered in goopy oil that would make his nonexistant hair greasy. He Tried out angels for a while but they didn't sit quite right. Then, he looked under "e" (because in the Elder Draconic alphabet, "e" for Eldrazi is right next to "h" for Hat) in his Dark Lore of Doom and saw depictions of the Eldrazi, and all their forms. "THIS SHALL BE MY HAT!" he declared, poking a picture of Emrakul, "AND WITH IT I WILL USHER IN A NEW AGE OF DARKNESS -- ER, I MEAN A NEW AGE OF FASHION!" And so Nicol Bolas masterminded the release of the Eldrazi.
57864098 wrote:
Rhox War Monk just flips pancakes, and if games have told us anything, it's that food = life.
56747598 wrote:
76973988 wrote:
This thread has gotten creepy. XP
Really? Really? The last couple days have been roughly every perverse fetish imaginable, but it only got "creepy" when speculation on Mother of Runes's mob affiliation came up?
76672808 wrote:
57864098 wrote:
57531048 wrote:
Nice mana base. Not really.
Yeah, really. If my deck was going to cost $1000+, I'd at least make it good.
99812049 wrote:
I like to think up what I consider clever names for my decks, only later to be laughed at by my wife. It kills me a little on the inside, but thats what marriage is about.
56816728 wrote:
56854588 wrote:
Of course, the best use [of tolaria west] is transmuting for the real Tolaria. ;)
Absolutely. I used to loose to my buddy's Banding deck for ages, it was then that I found out about Tolaria, and I was finally able win my first game.
70246459 wrote:
WOAH wait wait wait
56957928 wrote:
You know, being shallow and jusdgmental aside, "I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
"I later found out that Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates with at least two other people"
56957928 wrote:
Jon infiltrated his way into OKCupid dates
56957928 wrote:
OH MY GOD
109874309 wrote:
The only way I'd cast this card is into a bonfire.
82032421 wrote:
The short answer is that there's no rule barring annoying people from posting, but there a rule barring us from harassing them about it.
56747598 wrote:
Browbeat is a card that is an appropriate deck choice when there's no better idea available. "No better idea available" was pretty much the running theme of Odyssey era.
56874518 wrote:
Or perhaps it was a more straightforward comment indicating a wish for you to be bitten (Perhaps repeatedly) by a small yet highly venomous arachnid.
70246459 wrote:
58280208 wrote:
You're an idiot, and I'm in no mood for silliness.
57817638 wrote:
57145078 wrote:
You just... Vektor it.
That's the answer to everything.
70246459 wrote:
58347268 wrote:
I think the problem is that you don't exist.
This would sound great out of context!
56965458 wrote:
Modern is like playing a new tournament every time : you build a deck, you win with it, don't bother keeping it. Just build another, its key pieces will get banned.
57864098 wrote:
57309598 wrote:
I specifically remember posting a thread when I was just a witty bitty noob.
You make it sound like that's still not the case.
58325628 wrote:
Rap is what happens when the c from crap is taken away.
Doug Beyer:
But sometimes it's also challenging. Because sometimes OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?
141434757 wrote:
Flashforward five thousand years (Click for atmosphere) :
57927608 wrote:
to paraphrase Jeff Goldblum, Vektor finds a way.
58347268 wrote:
when in rome **** AND PILLAGE
143229641 wrote:
I always find it helpful when im angry to dress up in an owl costume and rub pennies all over my body in front of a full body mirror next to the window.
Dymecoar:
Playing Magic without Blue is like sleeping without any sheets or blankets. You can do it...but why?
Omega137:
Me: "I love the moment when a control deck stabilizes. It feels so... right." Omega137: "I like the life drop part until you get there, it's the MtG variant of bungee jumping"
Zigeif777:
Just do it like Yu-Gi-Oh or monkeys: throw all the crap you got at them and hope it works or else the by-standers (or opponents) just get dirty and pissed.
57471038 wrote:
58258708 wrote:
It's true that Alpha and Beta didn't contain any cards like Tarmogoyf, Darksteel Colossus, or Platinum Angel. It just contained weak, insignificant cards like Black Lotus, Mox Sapphire, and Time Walk.
Normally it's difficult to pick up on your jokes/sarcasm. But this one's pretty much out there. Good progress. You have moved up to Humanoid. You'll be Human in no time.
91893448 wrote:
94618431 wrote:
I didn't know Samurai were known to be able to cut down whole armies...
They can when they're using lightsabers!
57129358 wrote:
97980259 wrote:
My wife brought home a baby black squirrel they found on a horse track and cared for it for a few days. We named it Grixis, but it died.
Unearth it!
70246459 wrote:
[/spoiler] And I'm on Magic Arcana. How about you? Oh, by the way, I'm also on From the Lab now. Twice, actually. And now with my own submited decklist!
Am I the only one who thinks that 'Yet-another-planeswalker-that-makes-tokens' is ultimately boring and disappointing? Even more so after we just had a token making Garruk just 3 months ago.
It seems powerful for weenies indeed, still doesn't make it an interesting card.
Too generic.
I like it. Not broken, but passes my initial sniff test for durability. (Makes it's own blockers, Is at least 4 loyalty by the end of the turn its cast.) I like the lifelink ability on the vampire tokens too, as it is similar to the old bleeding mechanic of "deal X damage to blah, you gain X life" (x usually being 2... which it is for the vampy tokens after one emblem).  Speaking of which it's a very handy little emblem to have hanging around. one is useful, as it gives all your creatures a little boost forever, but if you do get a couple or more out there, then things could get bad for your opponent in short order.
The ultimate is nasty, but not completely "I win now, bwahahaha" silly.

As for making angels, I imagine Garruk and Sorin having a conversation at some waypoint in the blind eternities...

Garruk: I make Wolves now... I even make ones that can kill anything that touches them.
Sorin: Well, I did make that one Angel a few millenia ago.
Garruk: You know she vanished right?
Sorin: What? Well, I guess I better see what's up
Garruk: You should make little dudes. it worked for that knight lady.
Sorin: well, I could probably make a vampire or two pretty easily.
Garruk: They don't sparkle do they?
Sorin: Of course not. they are cursed blood feeders.
Garruk: Please... don't mention being cursed around me.  It's a touchy subject.
Sorin: ...uh, okay.  *poof*
~ Current Decks I'm Playing or Building ~ (Click a deck's name to see list) [] CorpseJunk Menace/Township Counters (Standard) [] Reanimation/Clerics Theme Deck - Commander: Ghost Dad [] Devouring Tokens (Planechase, Multiplayer) [] Krark-Clan Ironworks: 2012 Edition (Modern) [] Azorious Turbo Fog (Modern)
ok I think we are all missing the big picture here. There making Black and RED vampires why would they make sorin a black white. I read the article explaining why but I feel it still doesnt make any sense.I think hes a cool planeswalker but being a black red vamp player I feel like this card who is a vamp doesnt belong in that deck
Minor quibble:

Planeswalkers are supposed to transcend their original natures, i.e., creature types, as a result of their sparks igniting. They are "planeswalkers," not "creatures," or whatever they were at first. Doug is saying Sorin is still a vampire, but I cry foul on that one. If this is the case, why isn't the "Vampiry" nature somehow enabled on the card? At the moment, only Gideon "becomes" human, implying that there is, in fact, an implicit nature still to be had. Thus, the exclusion of creature type from the cards are purely mechanical and not flavorful.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
ok I think we are all missing the big picture here. There making Black and RED vampires why would they make sorin a black white. I read the article explaining why but I feel it still doesnt make any sense.I think hes a cool planeswalker but being a black red vamp player I feel like this card who is a vamp doesnt belong in that deck

Did you read the article?

Sorin is NOT suppose to synergize with the vampires here
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
Am I the only one who thinks that 'Yet-another-planeswalker-that-makes-tokens' is ultimately boring and disappointing? Even more so after we just had a token making Garruk just 3 months ago.
It seems powerful for weenies indeed, still doesn't make it an interesting card.
Too generic.

Well one of Innistrads main mechanical themes is tokens, so it makes sense to have the planeswalkers support this. At least it's not stupid like Elspeth making 3 at a time. But, I'm sure there will be at least 2 planeswalkers in DA so hope the other one pleases you more. personally I love this guy teehee ^_^
There's something awesome about a Vampire savior.

But how powerful is this guy, that he can create an Angel strong enough to support a whole plane's worth of white magic, even if she's boosted by people's faith? Did he use some powerful relic, or recruit the soul of a powerful dying Angel, or something?

Mechanically, it's amazing that there's an emblem ability that isn't an ultimate. It would be cool to have emblem tokens available somehow. 
Goblin Artisans - A Magic Design Blog by GDS2 Contestants and Collaborators
DO WANT!

And to think, a mere hour and a half ago, I was feeling kinda 'meh' about Dark Ascension. (Well, it was more like, "the mechanics are cool, but I haven't yet seen anything that really grabs my attention in the entire block... Maybe AVR will have something.")
"I’m going out on a limb and say that undying is better than persist." --- Mark Rosewater
The one thing I don't agree with from a flavor perspective is how Sorin could be powerful enough to make Jace, Karn, or even Nicol Bolas his obedient thrall. Sure, he's a millenia old Planeswalker, but he's not supposed to be much more powerful than the others, and certainly not able to best Nicol Bolas so simply I would think.
Profile picture by Mackenzie Schubert www.plaincomics.com
But how powerful is this guy, that he can create an Angel strong enough to support a whole plane's worth of white magic, even if she's boosted by people's faith? Did he use some powerful relic, or recruit the soul of a powerful dying Angel, or something? 

Considering he made her before the mending, it's not really a big deal. Oldwalker's were capable of creating of creating planes, compared to that angels (even ones with real minds) are small play.
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
The one thing I don't agree with from a flavor perspective is how Sorin could be powerful enough to make Jace, Karn, or even Nicol Bolas his obedient thrall. Sure, he's a millenia old Planeswalker, but he's not supposed to be much more powerful than the others, and certainly not able to best Nicol Bolas so simply I would think.

He really can't, though! Nicol Bolas can destroy him in a heartbeat, before he can ever get close to using his Ultimate.

Don't forget that this all was done thousands of years ago, i.e. before the mending. The planeswalkers' powers matched those of gods back then. They could create whole planes, and angels seem to be a popular thing to make, everyone knows how to make your own angel :D

Don't forget that this all was done thousands of years ago, i.e. before the mending. The planeswalkers' powers matched those of gods back then. They could create whole planes, and angels seem to be a popular thing to make, everyone knows how to make your own angel :D

Yeah, back in the good ol' days you couldn't walk down the street without tripping over a pile of angels.

Gotta' say I'm loving all the love we're seeing in DKA.  My current favorite deck is a B/W human/demon/angel deck. 
Well, at least we'll know how Avacyn is restored.

Sorin: Hmmm... my first angel disappeared. Guess I'll just make another copy and hope no one notices. 
During GDS 2, didn't MaRo come down on one or more candidates and say something about how a planeswalker preview wouldn't be given to a column like Serious Fun or Savor the Flavor?  Strange to see Sorin debut in this column so soon thereafter

I don't remember that, but it's seems strange, since most planeswalkers are directly linked to the story. Sure, they often appear on the first Feature and not on Savor the Flavor, but this time there was no Feature (other than the mechanics article), so it does fit.
Uh, oh, somebody's head will roll for this.  Doug, they screwed up and gave you Mike Flores' preview card!

I think Liliana would like a work with you. 

Also you got it backwards.  While he would have said that about Serious he says outright that they can show up in Savor the Flavor
"Savor the Flavor 

This card represents a chance to talk about some feature of the setting or storyline—a legendary permanent or planeswalker card that represents an important person, place, or thing in the storyline, a representative of a new or newly prominent tribe, or some other card that highlights an important creative element of the set."

Minor quibble:

Planeswalkers are supposed to transcend their original natures, i.e., creature types, as a result of their sparks igniting. They are "planeswalkers," not "creatures," or whatever they were at first. Doug is saying Sorin is still a vampire, but I cry foul on that one. If this is the case, why isn't the "Vampiry" nature somehow enabled on the card? At the moment, only Gideon "becomes" human, implying that there is, in fact, an implicit nature still to be had. Thus, the exclusion of creature type from the cards are purely mechanical and not flavorful.

I don't get what your getting at. You have a problem with him being a vampire, but you say why the creature type doesn't show on the card, it is a mechanical thing. Even ahen a creature becomes a walker they will still be a artifact, a cat, a vampire, etc. Just when shown in card form the walker status is the key thing.
Minor quibble:

I don't get what your getting at. You have a problem with him being a vampire, but you say why the creature type doesn't show on the card, it is a mechanical thing. Even ahen a creature becomes a walker they will still be a artifact, a cat, a vampire, etc. Just when shown in card form the walker status is the key thing.

I'm sorry you do not get what I am saying. I never said I had a "problem with him being a vampire," and I'm not sure what I said to give this impression that I was having an issue with him being a vampire. The difficulty lies in where that is on the card. Gideon is a Human, but one that also happens to be a planeswalker; this is only mechanically apparent when he uses his 0-loyalty ability, otherwise, he is not Human. In fact, the problem is reversed: The problem is that the cards do not have their creature types on them, despite them all being "depowered" PWs, so that when creature types matter, so should theirs. Elspeth does not make humans but a class-type (MaRo says he "chooses" a creature type on his Twitter for tokens to be, which of course is hogwash because there are plenty of multi-type tokens from the last several years that disrupt this, especially during Lorwyn Block), while other token makers make either Beasts or Vampires or Wolves or whatnots. In a way, despite more concientiousness toward creature types, this practice of caring about them was swiftly abandoned (and note this has nothing to do with Tribal, which inherently does nothing).
The issue, in many ways, stems from the narrow element of trying to have multiple cards care about the same things in different ways, or intersect. Planeswalkers represent powerful creatures you can summon to your side, but they interact with the world differently than typical creatures, but this doesn't explain why they aren't creatures, or at least have the creature types relevant to the card for flavor purposes alone. This is why I'm bringing this up in a Flavor column, not a Development/Design column.

"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)
Odd to go from 3BBB Superevil! to an ambivalent 2WB. Even with the backstory.

He was never really "superevil"; if you read the Zendikar novel and surrounding fiction, it's pointed out that while he's utterly ruthless in the pursuit of his goals, his goals themselves tend to be greater-good kinds of things, though not at much of an expense to himself.  He's basically a classic feudal warlord (or an underworld capo by modern standards), trying to keep order in his fief and perfectly willing to moiderize anybody who gives him too much "disrespect", but he doesn't do acts of pure evil just for the lulz like Liliana, he's got more of a sense of proportion.
I really don't think "responsibility" is an inappropriate word here.  There's no reason why black characters can't feel like they need to step up to the plate and deal with something because nobody else can be counted on to.  Innistrad "belongs" to Sorin, in his own mind, because he grew up there; it would annoy and perhaps even depress him if it was destroyed utterly, especially if it was destroyed utterly because he didn't try hard enough to keep it intact.  Being selfish is NOT the same as being willing to let everything other than oneself go straight to blazes; black-aligned characters are still people, they can have feelings of attachment and involvement, they just draw a sharp line between that which is "of them" and that which they have no interest in unless it's useful somehow (in a way, favorite toys and places and people, that are "of them", are "useful" in the sense that the character likes having them around and thus he "exploits" them to make himself feel better).  White-aligned characters feel that they have to stick to their responsibility no matter what it costs them, as a matter of principle, to set examples for others.  Black doesn't trust others to follow that example and thus doesn't bother setting it, and they won't be enslaved to a duty which they don't get any personal satisfaction out of obeying.  But if that satisfaction is present for any number of reasons, they can be just as dutiful as the White-Aligned; this is the whole reason there are Black Knights, as opposed to just armored sword-wielding killers on horseback.
My New Phyrexia Writing Credits My M12 Writing Credits
As far as the benefit of the rest of Magic is concerned, gold cards in Legends were executed perfectly. They got all the excitement a designer could hope out of a splashy new mechanic without using up any of the valuable design space. Truly amazing. --Aaron Forsythe's Random Card Comment on Kei Takahashi
I have found my new favorite card. And it's not even close.

It's White/Black, my favorite color combination. It's Sorin, my favorite planeswalker. It creates tokens, my favorite planeswalker ability. It creates VAMPIRE tokens, my favorite tribe. With lifelink, and life stealing is my favorite mechanic.
And that ultimate is just perfect. All for four mana, the best mana cost for Planeswalkers to have.

As for the story in the article... I thought Innistrad was a cool world before. It had some nice details put into it, such as the different provinces and how monster activity varied throughout. But I'm always a fan of backstory more than the present. And finding out that Sorin created Avacyn took Innistrad from "cool" to "epic." I have absolutely no criticism for you all today. You have done a fantastic job on this card, and on this world. Please, pat yourselves on the back.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
I would just like to say that everything in this article, from the trailer to the writing to the card, blew me away. Congratulations, Wizards, on writing an amazing twist and developing a character whom I plan to follow avidly from now on. I honestly haven't been following many of the new planeswalker's stories espeically closely, but most of the time they seem to be busy with their own affairs. Sorin, however, is in the middle of, and even at the center at, something huge. I haven't been this interested in a planeswalker since Urza.

Oh, and I really like the wording on Sorin's last ability. It's pretty similar mechanically to the much shorter phrase, "Gain control of up to three target creatures and/or planeswalkers," but having them actually destroyed and brought back gives a whole new level of badassery to the ability. 

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Minor quibble:

I'm sorry you do not get what I am saying. I never said I had a "problem with him being a vampire," and I'm not sure what I said to give this impression that I was having an issue with him being a vampire. The difficulty lies in where that is on the card. Gideon is a Human, but one that also happens to be a planeswalker; this is only mechanically apparent when he uses his 0-loyalty ability, otherwise, he is not Human. In fact, the problem is reversed: The problem is that the cards do not have their creature types on them, despite them all being "depowered" PWs, so that when creature types matter, so should theirs. Elspeth does not make humans but a class-type (MaRo says he "chooses" a creature type on his Twitter for tokens to be, which of course is hogwash because there are plenty of multi-type tokens from the last several years that disrupt this, especially during Lorwyn Block), while other token makers make either Beasts or Vampires or Wolves or whatnots. In a way, despite more concientiousness toward creature types, this practice of caring about them was swiftly abandoned (and note this has nothing to do with Tribal, which inherently does nothing).
The issue, in many ways, stems from the narrow element of trying to have multiple cards care about the same things in different ways, or intersect. Planeswalkers represent powerful creatures you can summon to your side, but they interact with the world differently than typical creatures, but this doesn't explain why they aren't creatures, or at least have the creature types relevant to the card for flavor purposes alone. This is why I'm bringing this up in a Flavor column, not a Development/Design column.

Ok, so bolid is the question/problem yes?

If so

"One of the biggest design questions about this card is this: why isn't Tezzeret an artifact planeswalker? He is. Tezzeret is from the shard of Esper and every living creature on the shard has evolved into becoming an artifact. Then why isn't he an artifact planeswalker on the card? Interesting question. The answer actually comes in two parts.

The first issue actually happened back in Lorwyn development. The five original planeswalkers all have races—to the best of my knowledge they're four humans and a leonin, but don't take me as a definitive source as I have consulted absolutely no one. Why doesn't Ajani (either Ajani) say "Planeswalker – Ajani Cat" or possibly "Planeswalker – Cat Ajani"?

A) It sounds dumb.

B) The rules don't allow it. Cat is a creature subtype. The only way to use it on another card type (and yes, planeswalker is another card type) is to use tribal technology. That means that the card would have to read "Tribal Planeswalker – Ajani Cat". Assuming that all fits, it sounds even dumber than the type line I ripped on up in A).

C) The creative team felt strongly that the planeswalkers had to transcend their individual qualities. Ajani is not defined by being a leonin, but by being a planeswalker. The idea is once you get to that level, nothing else is relevant.

Now let's hop over to issue number two. What happens if we make an artifact planeswalker? I should stress that such a thing is possible in the rules. Two permanent types mixing works just fine. The issue isn't one of rules but of degeneracy. You see, one of the things that helps keep the planeswalker card type in check is that there are very few cards that let you manipulate them. We avoid a lot of shenanigans by simply not letting players do certain things to planeswalkers. But once we add "artifact" on the card, that no longer applies. Just put the word "artifact" in Gatherer (searching rules text only) to see all the nuttiness we've let you do to them over the years. Even if we were philosophically okay with having artifact on the card, the degeneracy would probably force development to yank it.

So to sum up, Tezzeret is not an artifact because we don't want him to be, and we couldn't allow him to be even if we were okay with it."

Taken from www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...

That answer/explain?
Why is it possible for Sorin to kill Nicol Bolas?
Or, how can he, when Bolas is the supreme bad guy in this thing? 

That, or 3 planeswalkers at once?

Not even Bolas can do that.