Mana Barbs Vs Planeswalkers

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ManaBarbs

Mana barbs states it does 1 damage to whoever taps their land for mana. My question is, can I redirect this damage into a planeswalker, much as you can redirect damage to a player into a planeswalker.

Much Appreciated.
ManaBarbs

Mana barbs states it does 1 damage to whoever taps their land for mana. My question is, can I redirect this damage into a planeswalker, much as you can redirect damage to a player into a planeswalker.

Much Appreciated.

Yes.  If you control ManaBarbs, and your opponent taps a land, you can redirect the damage to one of their planeswalkers.
If you control Manabarbs, you can redirect the damage it would deal to your opponent to one of his planeswalkers, yes. (You cannot, however, choose to redirect the damage it would deal to you to your own planeswalkers.)

If you're not the one who controls Manabarbs, you don't get to make any choices in the matter--it's the person who controls it who decides things like that.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

If noncombat damage would be dealt to a player by a source an opponent controls, that opponent may choose to have that damage dealt to a planeswalker controlled by the first player instead.

So yes, if you control Manabarbs, and your opponent taps lands for mana, you can redirect (any or all, since it's in 1-point incriments) of that damage to their Planeswalker(s).  When you tap your own lands, however, the opponent can't redirect the damage to your Planeswalkers because they do not control the source of the damage, which is Manabarbs, and you can't redirect it to your Planeswalkers either, since you are not your own opponent.
MTG Rules Advisor since 2007-06-27. Amateur MTG rules nerd since forever. Download the official rules and more at wizards.com/magic/rules -[ IronMagus' New Marketplace Trade Thread ]- 100+ completed trades!
Sign In to post comments