01/10/2011 SF: "My Increasing Devotion"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

The poll is missing my option: "Become a Skaberen: 'Might as well have the undying abominations on my side!'"
This poll is silly. The whole point of horror is loss of control. A world in which you get to pick whether you get turned into a zombie or a vampire is not that scary a world. You don't choose what eats you. They choose for you.

76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
"Increasing Devotion is, at a glance, a pretty plain card: five mana for five tokens that have a total of 5 power and 5 toughness. Conqueror's Pledge, a not-so-far-gone cousin, is six tokens for six mana, with the same breakdown in stats. Regular mode is as ordinary as can be."

Um, Conqueror's Pledge is 6 tokens for the same 5 mana as Increasing Devotion.  So Increasing Devotion is less than ordinary the first time around.
"Increasing Devotion is, at a glance, a pretty plain card: five mana for five tokens that have a total of 5 power and 5 toughness. Conqueror's Pledge, a not-so-far-gone cousin, is six tokens for six mana, with the same breakdown in stats. Regular mode is as ordinary as can be."

Um, Conqueror's Pledge is 6 tokens for the same 5 mana as Increasing Devotion.  So Increasing Devotion is less than ordinary the first time around.

Bump. These writers need to fact check. It's the mothership for peet's sake. 
These writers need to fact check. It's the mothership for peet's sake. 

. . . and these posters need to spell check.
FWIW, Overburden didn't count tokens as printed since they aren't 'cards'.