2 questions.(about damage rolls and making a encounter power at will)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi there.
is there any way to add a damage roll to a Staggering Note?

is there any way i can use a bard encounter power as an at will?  
As far as I know, "no" to both questions. Could be mistaken though, I don't exactly know every game element out there.

For the second question, this thread might be interesting.
For your second question, Warwizard of Corymr PP might be an option (I can't recall if it has to be a wizard power or just an arcane. Prolly wizard.)

For the first, well.....it depends. There is a fair degree of contention on the matter, so your best bet is to discuss it with your DM. But the RAW seems to suggest that if a die is rolled (even if it might be from bonus damage), then that is a damage rule based on the definition in the RC on a damage roll. In which case, Malec Keth Janissary adds a d4 to all your powers (although that might just be to wizard powers as well.....), which would turn it into a damage roll.
For your second question, Warwizard of Corymr PP might be an option (I can't recall if it has to be a wizard power or just an arcane. Prolly wizard.) For the first, well.....it depends. There is a fair degree of contention on the matter, so your best bet is to discuss it with your DM. But the RAW seems to suggest that if a die is rolled (even if it might be from bonus damage), then that is a damage rule based on the definition in the RC on a damage roll. In which case, Malec Keth Janissary adds a d4 to all your powers (although that might just be to wizard powers as well.....), which would turn it into a damage roll.

War Wizard modifies Wizard at-wills. What he wants is neithe wizard nor at-will.
Arcane Sword's level 30 capstone turns a Swordmage encounter into an at-will, so there is a precedent.  Can't think of anything for bards though.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
For your second question, Warwizard of Corymr PP might be an option (I can't recall if it has to be a wizard power or just an arcane. Prolly wizard.) For the first, well.....it depends. There is a fair degree of contention on the matter, so your best bet is to discuss it with your DM. But the RAW seems to suggest that if a die is rolled (even if it might be from bonus damage), then that is a damage rule based on the definition in the RC on a damage roll. In which case, Malec Keth Janissary adds a d4 to all your powers (although that might just be to wizard powers as well.....), which would turn it into a damage roll.

War Wizard modifies Wizard at-wills. What he wants is neithe wizard nor at-will.

I thought it turned an encounter into an at-will....what am i confusing that with. Oh well :s

At level 30, legendary soverign effectively does that for any weapon power.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Sign In to post comments