Shield of Eyes question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
hey guys,

my question is about this magical item, "Shield of Eyes Light Shield" and its property. its says that give +1 AC to opp. attacks (equal bonus to shields bonus), but it doesnt appear on builder's character sheet on "contitional bonuses".
and one more thing; the "blade and buckler duelist" feat that increase the shield defences bonus to +2 apllys to the property of the "shield of the eyes"(+2 to opp. attacks)??
I'm not certain what your question is about the Shield of Eyes.

I can't answer your question about the feat, because not only am I also not certain what this question is either, but I don't have access to that feat (it being DDi exclusive content). 

Standard Answer to all 5E rules questions: "Ask your DM."

1: Use a pencil.  The CB is notoriously buggy, particularly with niche things like this.

2: Depends on the wording - if the Shield of Eyes is 'bonus to AC vs Opportunity attack equal to shied bonus' then it works.  If it's +1 bonus to AC', it doesn't.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Rule of thumb:

If you are looking for auto-math on a situational bonus, expect the CB to not do it at all.

And yes, the feat and Shield of Eyes work together.  The feat increases the shield bonus to +2, and Shield of Eyes adds a bonus vs OAs equal to the shield bonus.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
good news then, thanx guys
Sign In to post comments