more nevermore questions

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
say i use Liquimetal Coating to turn nevermore into an artifact and then i copy it with phrexian metamorph. Is the metamorph now an artifact creature and enchantment.

" To each his own."   But my way is probably better

Yes.  That sounds more like a Metamorph question than a Nevermore question, though.
Edit: No.  It won't be a creature, it'll just be an exact copy of Nevermore, except that it's also an artifact.
MTG Rules Advisor since 2007-06-27. Amateur MTG rules nerd since forever. Download the official rules and more at wizards.com/magic/rules -[ IronMagus' New Marketplace Trade Thread ]- 100+ completed trades!
Yes.  That sounds more like a Metamorph question than a Nevermore question, though.

well what i am getting at is if i copy the nevermore with metamorph then inpart i caqn use cackling couterpart to copy the metamorph to trigger another nevermore ability

Wait. It will not be a creature. Phyrexian Metamorph will be an Artifact Enchantment Nevermore, and you get to choose a card name for its ability, but it won't be a creature.

6/1/2011: If Phyrexian Metamorph copies a noncreature artifact, it is no longer a creature.

You can't use Cackling Counterpart on it.

[<o>]

Wait. It will not be a creature. Phyrexian Metamorph will be an Artifact Enchantment Nevermore, and you get to choose a card name for its ability, but it won't be a creature.

6/1/2011: If Phyrexian Metamorph copies a noncreature artifact, it is no longer a creature.

so the printing of "artifact creature" on the metamorph falls off when i would copy the nevermore

so the printing of "artifact creature" on the metamorph falls off when i would copy the nevermore

So the card type of "artifact creature" falls off of the metamorph when i use it to copy a nevermore

Everything printed on the metamorph goes away. The only reason it remains an artifact is because the copy effect explicitly says so.

So the card type of "artifact creature" falls off of the metamorph when i use it to copy a nevermore

thanks

Basically, yes. The copy effect will make Phyrexian Metamorph an exact copy of Nevermore, and add the Artifact type. The phyrexian Metamorph/Nevermore object:
• becomes white,
• gains the mana cost of (which doesn't affect how much you have to pay for it, because you already paid for it),
• changes its name to "Nevermore,"
• becomes an Artifact Enchantment
• loses the text of Phyrexian Metamorph and gains the text of Nevermore, and
• changes its expansion symbol to Innistrad

Those are the exact changes that take place when Phyrexian Metamorph becomes a copy of Nevermore. The reason it's not a creature is because nothing causes it to become one.
Ever feel like people on these forums can't possibly understand how wrong they are? Feeling trolled? Don't get mad. Report Post.

Yes, just like its name, mana cost, abilities, power and toughness are replaced for Nevermore's characteristics.

It will be a perfect copy of Nevermore, except it will also be an artifact (because the copy-effect says so).

[<o>]

No. "Artifact Creature" is not a card type. Two-word card types do not exist. You can't name "Artifact Creature" with World Queller.

Phyrexian Metamorph, not copying anything, is an Artifact and a Creature. Some cards (Sharding Sphinx) reference "artifact creatures" - I hate Wizards forever for doing that to players who don't fully understand the card types but I digress ^__^

Anyways! That's my little contribution :D

Sean Stackhouse Level Two Judge (Yay!) Maine