If you were a Planeswalker...

152 posts / 0 new
Last post
... What colour(s) or kinds of magic would you focus on?

My affinity would be blue, maybe touching into white, specifically for telekinesis and binding. Mechanically, it would be bounce and Frost Titan type stuff.

What about you?
Man, it's been a while since we've had one of these threads. But they're always fun! And telling.

My preferences can be seen right there in my username: BeastEngine.

On the one hand, I'm a green/blue guy (more green than blue), orbiting around where they intersect at biomancy. Anything that involves the creation, growth, protection, mutation, enhancement, and adaptation of living things, including myself. Basically, if it can be related to a living system, I'll probably use it. Some of my favorite cards that reflect this are Voidslime, Vigor, Pattern of Rebirth, Clone, Awakening Zone, Vernal Bloom, Cryptoplasm, Asceticism, Dominating Licid, City of Solitude, Phyrexian Metamorph, and other stuff like that. So there's your Beast, if you imagine a beast that's practically unstoppable because it keeps mutating and regenerating around whatever you throw at it.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I love artifacts. Love them. The first good deck I ever built was an artifact deck, and that was after 3 tries with terrible cards. But I wanted to make it work so badly because when I first started playing I thought artifact cards were so cool. And I still do. So in the realm of hypothetical magic, that would be artifice, all the way. Magical engineering. Making cool gadgets and robots with MAGISCIENCE. So there's your Engine. Consider me explain'd.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
healing magic and mind manipulation

Maybe a little strength enhancement, which I can get from white
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
I don't care about my colour. elemental magic and hieromancy all the way.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
Well i'm pretty defensive. I think i'd focus on protective magics.
… and then, the squirrels came.
What kind of protective magics. All five colors have ways of protecting themselves. For instance, I prefer protection by BEEF and growth and physical hardiness. If you're big and muscly and regenerative and generally out of control, you're pretty safe.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
Probably blue/white spells, stopping time, counterspells, sheilds.
… and then, the squirrels came.
Don't work from mechanics - start with broad concepts of magic, then specify colour and mechanic based in that. It makes it easier to build the flavour picture.
I would be an almost completely white, defensive/healing planeswalker. Deflect or ward off blows and heal anything that does get trhough. Potentially have something like Arrest as the most offensive thing I'd do. Anything to stop being attacked :P

Though, that being said, I would also potentially be red/black, destructive magics. If there's something that can be destroyed, it probably should be. (*Thinks he may be a DFC...*)

I'm taking this from what I like doing in other games, like Fable, Dragon age, Skyrim, dnd, etc. I will play to the extreme if I can.
Y'know, it occurs to me that almost everyone I've met around here is of a defensive bent. I don't think I've actually heard of any of us favoring offensive tactics. I wonder why that is. I mean, I'm defensive first, because starting fights is pointless and stupid, but I'm not afraid of a little crushkilldestroy if it has to happen. Only of a variety, though, because none of the others are really that fun for me. None of the others have enough smashy. And I like the smashy.

For example, in every fighting game I've ever played I always end up picking the heaviest, crushiest character on the roster. Almost every time. In the Armored Core series of mech games (and others, but Armored Core is the most obvious) I always end up making the heaviest possible mech with the most armor and the heaviest weapons. Speed be damned; I don't care about speed and I never have.

So in terms of magic, this manifests easiest, like I mentioned, in biomancy. With biomancy you can just mutate whatever adaptation you need. You have complete control over your own biology and others'. With that comes all the strength and resilience you could possibly need. Hulk-sized muscles, regeneration, immunity to sickness. And that's just applying the discipline to yourself. Once you start manipulating and growing external life, you'd become essentially unstoppable, and probably immortal. You could mutate to be whatever you wanted. Anyone who's read the M:EM here probably caught my drift a long time ago.
WHO AM I?
Naturally the first thought for many is "How do I keep myself alive?" Most people would consider the best planeswalker cards those that can defend themselves, either by creating defenses or eliminating threats. Self-preservation, regardless of color identity, matters most except perhaps in black and red cases.

I myself would be a Black Planeswalker with a light undertone of blue. Black Magic is dangerous, but undeniably powerful. Under that field I'd have to say that biomancy would indeed be very much desirable in its ability to grant power and survivability. I find sangromancy, the ability to drain life and gain it yourself seductive in a way that no other magic quite intrigues me. Being able to take what others have and use it for myself would make blue mind magic and black leechery my choice of magicks. Near any foe who faces me with a sentient mind could be manipulated, be it mentally or physically. The power to turn foes into allies, or their strength into my own gives me a near limitless potential for an army and for my ability to not die. I could even sacrifice minions I have stolen to empower or heal myself. Sangromancy would be my art. Its true that one might argue that blood is not carried by all beings, which thankfully is helped by the small amount blue mind control and various minions at my disposal. And if all my allies die? If I alone am left?

Well. Zombies, spirits, vampires- All meaning of fallen beings could be called, so I see no reason why not to enlist them as well. My defense is my offense, and my offense ensures my survival. That would be my magic.
Wonderful, a vampire type person. I was wondering when one of you were gonna show up, there's always at least a few.
WHO AM I?
I'm not so much defensive as reactive - I don't think I'd have any spells that directly made me tougher or stronger, but would instead focus on counterspells, bounce and burn. I do love big creatures, but I would probably only summon elementals. Spark Elemental is one of my favorite creatures of all time, after all.
Micorku's World Bits - A Vorthos writing about various creative topics. Updates sporadically Iroas - The world needs heroes - will you answer the call? There is also an RPG that is in Pre-Alpha stage.
I feel the same way about Vigor. And... I realize Vigor and Spark Elemental are nothing alike. But still, Vigor is probably my favorite creature. Probably. Not only is it a turtle water buffalo, but it turns all of your creatures into unstoppable death machines that only get stronger if they're damaged. It does the most awesome thing that exists: turning damage into strength. With VIGOR. Hell yeah.
WHO AM I?
I like Shadow Lance

So,
 1. healing (because no matter what healing is my first choice, I don't really even have a choice in this)
 2. Mind control or Magical Persuasion/charisma 
 3. Shadow Lance 
Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
Shadow Lance is your favorite card?

... Shadow Lance?

Shadow Lance?

Shadow Lance?
WHO AM I?
If I were a planeswalker...hmm, that's kind of difficult to answer.

As far as my personality goes, I'm pretty white/blue. But the closest thing to myself as a planeswalker I have is my primary deck, which is Jund Dragons.

Rather than worrying about keeping myself alive, as a planeswalker, I would take the line of the best defense being a good offense. Any wound shy of death can be healed. And with how taxing combat is, magical or otherwise, the opportunity for a quick, decisive win has far more allure than trying not to die.

...all things considered, my life as a planeswalker would be rather short and violent, wouldn't it? That's depressing.
Shadow Lance is your favorite card?

... Shadow Lance?

No, but I like it.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
You have a talent for being strangely specific at odd times, don't you, Troll.

Like... are there other things you like? It's just so... random. Shadow Lance, whatever kind of magic that is, hypercharisma, and... healing? They have almost nothing to do with one another. It's so weird. You're a weird dude, Troll.
WHO AM I?
Thank you.

Like I said, (self) healing isn't so much a choice as it is a requirement. The ability to heal others is usually just a plus.

On the other hand Hypercharisma is what I really want. You know?

And shadow lance just looks cool
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Why is self-healing a requisite? And since Shadow Lance is... well, it's basically an equipment, but nonphysical therefore an enchantment. Does that mean you'd be casting stuff like Armored Ascension or Angelic Destiny as well? Getting down with the spectral weaponry and self-enhancement? Or are you just the... Shadow Lance guy?
WHO AM I?
Why is self-healing a requisite?

Because living in pain sucks, and I'd like to know what it's like to live without it.

And since Shadow Lance is... well, it's basically an equipment, but nonphysical therefore an enchantment. Does that mean you'd be casting stuff like Armored Ascension or Angelic Destiny as well? Getting down with the spectral weaponry and self-enhancement?

I suppose so
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Has anyone ever told you that you're difficult to have an exploratory conversation with? Because if not, prepare yourself for a change, because this is me telling you it.
WHO AM I?
Well, I'm a man of few words lol

But I guess I can try to expand my thoughts.

1. Healing is a requisite because I live in pain due to a genetic disorder, if I could have one wish, one miracle, it would need to be the ability to make it gone. So I always put healing first in things like this.

2. I would use many white buff enchantments, because they're pretty cool, and it'll help me both defensively and offensively. 
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Huh. I guess that makes sense. And I've flirted with the idea of the white-centric enchantment thing a few times. Because... they're really powerful if you do them right. And outside of Magic that kind of power is... well, it's completely reality warping. You're altering the properties of matter and energy permanently, to all kinds of ends. I mean, just look at Indestructibility. I have no idea what exactly is happening there, but... something just became indestructible because of something you cast. That's pretty damn cool. Why stop at Shadow Lance when you can expand it to a Shadow Shrapnel Storm or something ABSURD. Because absurd is almost always better.
WHO AM I?
Black/Red without a doubt, chaos and destruction for it's own sake. However high powers help you if you mess with what I consider mine.
I like telekinesis because of its flexibility. I could use it offensively, defensively, or just neutral for flight, opebing doors, manipulating small objects like doors, locks, tools, etc.

Telekinesis therefore makes me blue or white, which overlaps with my scholarly, azorian bent.

I always find it interesting how many people choose a defensive/healing****-immortality bent.

I like to design "planeswalkers" using the D&D character building software, and might try and use some of these posts as inspiration.
Not that my avatar or sig give it away at all, but I'd be BW. Or more likely WB. I have a very strong sense of duty and of the requirement to consider others and the needs of the many, but underneath it all I just want a quiet life completely centred around myself. White is what I do and what people see, but black is probably more what I am, and my planeswalker would be in constant struggle between the two.

Funnily enough, I also like Shadow Lance - it depicts to me an outwardly honourable, righteous figure, purging the sins of others, but who when they get right down to it is quite prepared to use a bit of that nastiness to further their own ends. Angel of Despair is another card that strikes the right note for me.

I'd be most certainly be Blue. I like knowledge, knowing things, learning things, teaching things and I value that above a lot. 

My second color would probably be Red. I also value emotions, but I tend to approach them in a Blue way, analyzing and classifying them. And I do take a lot of decisions based on what feels right, or what I like. The problem is I don't like Red mechanically, since most of their spells are straight up burn, with little thought. I'd like to see the more introspective, artsy side of Red.

So Blue/Red. Tactically speaking, I try to go for the fastest path. The straight line from A to B. I default to reactionary (counterspells, bounce and Walls) but I'm not unwilling to use violence if that's the more efficient path. Although I'd probably favor swift melee combat when using violence. Not that a little bit of burn would be that bad. 

Outside of combat I'd probably use emotion inducing/enhancing magic (come to think of it, not that useless in combat either) and enchantments of different kinds. And a way to fly. I don't care how, as long as I can fly.

@Heir of Markov: Seriously? You get infinite possibilities and you start figuring out ways of hurting people for their own gain. With quite possible very painful methods. If I were a planeswalker I'd team up with BeastEngine and you'd be happy if I just put you to sleep. If Beast had his way you'd be penetrated by fast-growing plants.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

You want to know something about me, stranger? Well, sit down and have a drink.

They call me the Thunderstorm. Fickle as the wind, but deadlier than a lightning bolt. See, I'm a mage, and energy is my trade – I can see the lines of power pulsing under the earth and across the sky, and the spirits traveling across them through the Great Æther. I can pull the threads and send ball lightning crackling towards my foes, blast doors open with my trusty lightning helix, and pull my friends back from the dead with a good old-fashioned jolt to the heart. Energy gives the world vigor – that spark that makes it good to be alive. It's what I do.

I inherited the blood in my family – I'm always drifting about on my own whims, doing as I please without a care in the world. I'm not one to turn away from a good old-fashioned duel, either. But when someone needs saving, the streak of in me tells me there's saving to be done, and I jump into the fray all rared and ready with righteous fury. I don't do it for the law, mind, and I and the system don't exactly see eye to eye. I just do the right thing.

Ever see spirits rising from the earth, flashing across the battlefield like lightning, bringing havoc down like summer rain? That's my calling card.

Respect it.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

You want to know something about me, stranger? Well, sit down and have a drink.

They call me the Thunderstorm. Fickle as the wind, but deadlier than a lightning bolt. See, I'm a mage, and energy is my trade – I can see the lines of power pulsing under the earth and across the sky, and the spirits traveling across them through the Great Æther. I can pull the threads and send ball lightning crackling towards my foes, blast doors open with my trusty lightning helix, and pull my friends back from the dead with a good old-fashioned jolt to the heart. Energy gives the world vigor – that spark that makes it good to be alive. It's what I do.

I inherited the blood in my family – I'm always drifting about on my own whims, doing as I please without a care in the world. I'm not one to turn away from a good old-fashioned duel, either. But when someone needs saving, the streak of in me tells me there's saving to be done, and I jump into the fray all rared and ready with righteous fury. I don't do it for the law, mind, and I and the system don't exactly see eye to eye. I just do the right thing.

Ever see spirits rising from the earth, flashing across the battlefield like lightning, bringing havoc down like summer rain? That's my calling card.

Respect it.

ROOOOOOOFFFFFFFLLLLLLL!!!!!
Sit down and have a drink the kid says. Lmfao what a clown.
I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks and apostles. -Soivet EB Reloaded
All the world's a tavern.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

@Beast: I feel the same way. One of my favorite decks that I created in that period was a mono-green that revolved around getting two Vigors out at the same time and making tons of huge creatures through that. My favorite type of deck in general is mono-green mana acceleration with the goal of getting out tons of fatties - the first decent deck I ever built had 13 land and never had mana problems.

In fact, if I wasn't RU burn/bounce, I would be a green (maybe splashing red) summoner, with thallids and saprolings being a focus along with creatures like Vigor. Summoning has always been my favorite type of magic, it's just that my general fighting style doesn't match - I feel like a real world equivalent would be relatively stationary, allowing the opponent to come to you, while I am very mobile and peppering my opponent with relatively weak strikes (this all comes from combat with nerf weapons, not actual fighting)
Micorku's World Bits - A Vorthos writing about various creative topics. Updates sporadically Iroas - The world needs heroes - will you answer the call? There is also an RPG that is in Pre-Alpha stage.
All the world's a tavern.

Well you made it sound like you're some blue grass fiddle player or something the way you announced yourself.
Lmfao, that's good stuff.
Are you from the south my friend? I mean no offense, but that's the way you displayed yourself in my opinion and I'm just curious.
I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes, while in the latter are only beggars, monks and apostles. -Soivet EB Reloaded
@Harvest: Impromptu roleplay is just one of the many things that can happen here in the Flavor and Storyline forum.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages.

Just thought I sould share in regards to the tavern comment

I've decided that I'm slightly similar to Troll. Healing magic is non-negotionable, though not for the same exact reasons. Live with constant headaches for your life then come complain to me about lack of healing magic. I appreciate being able to ward off or stop attacks completely and if I can get away with destroying something of my opponent too so he can't attack back, fantastic.

As I said, I also have a mean, vindictive streak to me. If something of mine becomes damaged by someone else, I'll let them have it and wont hold back. If someone needs to hear the truth, I'll say it, damn the consequences. If there is a prank to pull, I will figure out the best way to do it and make sure that it happens. Bad jokes? Sure, all over that like a fat kid on cake (Please note, this is a self depricating joke).

I also love the big, evil beasts. Please note, my display pic is a wargaming dragon that I've painted and use regularly in games. My next project is a cave drake and its only slightly smaller than the dragon. I like trolls, wyverns, dragons, engines of war, elementals, golems, etc. The bigger and heavier hitting the better.  I also like swarms of the little, pathetic guys, because I know there is strength in numbers and a swarm will roll over everything, leaving nothing but dead bodies behind.

(Edit: whoa, wtf, why you do that mtg forums?!?!)
I can totally understand the want for healing magic. If I were a mage, I'd probably specialize in it, or at least gain notions of it. Not for me personally, I don't experience extreme pain on a regular basis, nor do I get injuries all that often, but I'd use it to help others. My mum is first on the list. She's in constant pain. Although mind/emotion magic might be enough in her case.

(Edit: whoa, wtf, why you do that mtg forums?!?!)

Did you copy and paste the opening quote for somewhere? 

Sometimes that messes up the formatting
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
For some reason I can't write Chin's name... It screws my posts up. It puts 4 x *'s then throws my post all outa wack. Even after I took his name out, it still screwed it up...
Well I know I would be red/green and probably a shaman or druid. I would summon wolves and have spells like shatter, lightning bolt, and giant growth. I also would stand for individual freedom that does not harm others rights to individual freedom as well. I would have to say that is the simple sum up of me as a planeswalker.
Show
I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
I am red/white. I would focus on burning others to oblivion. Having said that, I  have a strong sense of justice and punish wrongdoers by... burning them into oblivion. I travel the planes peacefully, but am not afraid of a fight. My objective is not to fight though. It is to travel, to see the planes, and to bring justice.

Mechanically I would deal damage to creatures which deal damage to me, destroy all creatures and gain loyalty and life to help me strike down my enemies.
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah