Mystical Teachings Decks -- Aggro Bend?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
So, reading this daily deck list I was really inspired by it. But I always had a problem with just straight control. It's annoying to just wait and permit this or that, and basically wait for someone to get so mad they quit.

But running Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, why wouldn't someone run Corrupt as a win condition? Flashing it back could be completely raw with Dralnu, Lich Lord.

Or even a singleton Lashwrithe, or Phyrexian Obliterators that can be tutored thanks to Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir.

Also, has there been any experimentation with Burning Vengeance in conjunction with Dralnu? Just wondering if there's any real reason why these aren't reasonable avenues.
Puresteel players unite! [Archetype] PURESTEEL
Also, has there been any experimentation with Burning Vengeance in conjunction with Dralnu? Just wondering if there's any real reason why these aren't reasonable avenues.

Dralnu costs 5 and has a terrible drawback.  He has an amazing ability, but that just makes it even harder to keep him alive because he's such a prime target.

At the moment I'm trying to abuse Burning Vengeance with Haakon, Stromgald Scourge.

Urborg + Corrupt is good, but if a deck needs Urborg then Corrupt wouldn't be any good unless you have it out.  It's better to have a win condition that doesn't rely on having another card first.
Sign In to post comments