Let's Have Some YMtC Fun: Game of the Year Edition

2006 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone else remember this game? Why did nobody ever bring it back?

This is how it works. I post a card, and the next player has to make a card whose name shares a word with the name of the previous card. The name doesn't have to have the same length, the card doesn't have to be of the same colour or type or CMC, its name just has to share a word with the name of the previous card. It doesn't have to be the exact same word (for example, if the previous card was named Great Calamity, you could make a card named Calamitous Failure) but don't be stupid about it. One-word names, and linking words like 'of' and 'the', are obviously discouraged

Not the most elegant explanation, but I'm not exactly feeling sharp at the moment, so let's just get to it.

Enormous Growth
Instant
Put three +1/+1 counters on target creature.

Giant Growth
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Giant Creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, put 3 +1/+1 counters on enchanted creature.

ITS FUNNY BECAUSE GIANT GROWTH IS ACTUALLY A CARD.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.
Don't you dare do this to me.

Pit-Dweller Giant
Creature- Giant
Sacrifice a Swamp: Destroy target creature with power 2 or less that's attacking you. Activate this ability only once each turn and only if Pit-Dweller Giant is tapped.
She drags others down to her level.
4/4

'Pit' and 'Dweller' count as two different words in this case. 
Bottomless Pit
Instant
Destroy target creature without flying.
It's funny how the ground can just drop out from under you like that.
Pit Fighter
Creature - Human Barbarian
At the beginning of combat on your turn, tap ~ and it fights target creature you don't control.
3/2
I have a sig because it gives my posts better spacing.
Lord of the Bottomless Pit
Creature - Demon
Protection from creatures without flying
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, each player discards a card at random.
Guess where it actually sleeps if it was falling 24/7.
5/5

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Quest for the Goblin Lord
Sorcery
Search your library for a goblin creature card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put that card on top of it.
Alrok eaten by giant bug. Goblin need new king.
Questing Tarmogoyf
Creature - Lhurgoyf
~'s power and toughness is each equal to the number of card types among cards in all graveyards times 2. (Artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land, planeswalker, sorcery, and tribal are card types.)
*/*

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Quest for the Godsire
Enchantment
Whenever a creature with converted mana cost greater than the number of quest counters on ~ enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a quest counter on ~.
Sacrifice ~: Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost less than or equal to the number of quest counters on ~ and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
The Wretched
Creature - Human Rogue
Intimidate
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player loses a third of his or her life rounded up.
"It would be wise to avoid the outskirts during your stay in Banon. They are comprised mostly of criminals and the diseased, nothing a tourist would want to look at." - Banonian Tour Guide
1/1
Wretched Banquet :B::B:
Instant
As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a unicorn.
Creatures you control gets +4/+0 until end of turn.
You obviously wanted me to do eat that, silly.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Bottomless Pit
The Wretched
Wretched Banquet

You guys are crap at this.

Infinite Banquet
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a food counter on Infinite Banquet, then you gain life equal to twice the number of food counters on Infinite Banquet.
Lend strength to the weak, and then to the strong.
-Goblet inscription
Infinite Echoes -
Enchantment - Aura
Whenever enchanted creature becomes the target of an instant or sorcery, exile that card.
At the beginning of your upkeep, cast all spells exiled by Infinite Echoes without paying their mana costs targeting enchanted creature. 
Echo...ech...ec...e... 
Contest-Specific Redeemable Prizes: DaytimeLantern - +5 points on any score-based contest. Redeemable once. If contest is multiple rounds, only redeemable in a single round.
Echoing Insanity

Sorcery
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card and each card that shares a name with it.
A single delusion unleashes a mess of lunacy.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
Bottomless Pit
The Wretched
Wretched Banquet

You guys are crap at this.

How did mata not get it.... and metalevolance in the other thread as well.... and elevate lol

I thought silly should have more than enough status to make such jokes : P

<3 silly. 

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
I did get it, it was just too stupid to have any truck with.

Echoing Insanity

Sorcery
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card and each card that shares a name with it.
A single delusion unleashes a mess of lunacy.

Insanity's Embrace
Enchantment- Aura
Enchant creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, discard your hand and draw four cards. Enchanted creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of cards discarded in this way.
Embrace Duty |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+5 and has defender.
Duty to the Patriarch
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature can't attack and blocks each turn if able.
Enchanted creature must be assigned damage first in combat if able.
"You once swore an oath to protect our Holy Father from all harm. It is time you fulfilled it."
Golden-Tusk Patriarch

Creature -- Elephant Shaman
When Golden-Tusk Patriarch enters the battlefield, you gain 4 life.
Creatures you control are indestructible as long as you've gained life this turn.
"I have led my herd for a century now. In that time, I have learned a few things about keeping it safe."
4/4 
Jazal Goldmane, the Risen
Legendary Creature - Cat Zombie
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature, target opponent loses X life and you gain X life, where X is that creature's power.
In life, the kha of a pride. In death, the tool of a dragon.
4/4
Nxaztrithicke Jazal
Legendary Creature - Elder Nightmare
Flying, Shadow
When ~ enters the battlefield, tap all permanents you don't control.
Permanents you don't control don't untap during their controller's untap steps.
Lord of dreams and master of nightmares.
7/7

ALRIGHT. I BET THERE'S NO CARD WITH THAT NAME.
(picture deleted)

Edit: got ninjad...what the ***? "Nxaztrithicke"? ok i give up

by the way, i think the card is OP.

~ You Take to the Sky ~

57325798 wrote:
STOP SOPA/PIPA. Okay, a little post about this in my sig which half of the people on here won't even see isn't likely to do a lot, but if you aren't aware of what's going on, educate yourself. And then join in the chorus of voices shouting at the U.S. Congress to stop these bills. Visit Wikipedia to learn more and to contact your Senators and Representatives. -- According to lawyers… (SOPA) doesn’t shut down your website and remove it from the Internet. It just makes it so that people cannot, in any way, access the website. So it’s sort of like coming up with a plan to prevent teen pregnancy that includes filling penises with cement. — Jon Stewart
Silvercore, Bane of Nxaztrithicke 
Legendary Artifact
When Silvercore, Bane of Nxaztrithicke enters the battlefield, exile all permanents named Nxaztrithicke Jazal, then search each opponent's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards named Nxaztrithicke Jazal and exile them. Put a charge counter on Silvercore for each permanent and/or card exiled this way.
: Draw a card for each charge counter on Silvercore.

I think this balances Nxaztrithicke Jazal pretty well. 

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Silvercore, Bane of Nxaztrithicke

YES.

Abajirineshia Nxaztrithicke
Legendary Creature - Ouphe Wizard
Protection from creatures whose names contain less letters than ~
Faerie dust and nursery rhymes make for surprisingly potent magic.
5/5
Embrace Duty |
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+5 and has defender.

now is that a reserve of our jokes?

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Abajirineshia's Familiar
Creature - Imp
Flying
Multicolored spell cost you one colored mana less to cast.
1/1

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Familiar Face
Creature - Shapeshifter
You may have ~ enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains ": Change the target of target spell or ability that targets only this creature to another target creature with the same name as this creature."
0/0
Face of Abajirineshia Nxaztrithicke:W:
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has protection from creatures whose names contain less letters than it.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Face Stealer

Creature -- Shapeshifter
You may have Face Stealer enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield. If you do, when Face Stealer enters the battlefield, turn that creature face down. (It's a 2/2 creature.)
0/0 
Stealer of Dawn
Creature - Elemental
When ~ enters the battlefield, each player skips their next beginning phase.
"Our orders were to attack at daybreak. It never came." — Benalish commander
2/2
Angel of the Bleeding Dawn

Creature -- Angel
Flying
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a nonwhite creature and a nonplains land.
5/5 
Dawn in Flames
Enchantment
All creatures get +3/+0, have haste, and attack each turn if able.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Dawn in Flames. If you do, destroy all creatures.

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Flames of the Forsaken
Instant
~ deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is two plus the number of exiled creature cards.
Forsaken Casualties
Creature - Spirit
Flying
As long as Forsaken Casualties is in your graveyard, creatures you control get -1/-1. 
3/3 

Casualty Report

Instant
You gain 1 life for each creature that died this turn.
Draw a card. 
Faulty Report
Instant
Cast Faulty Report only during the end step.
Target player discards cards equal to the number of cards he or she drew this turn. 

Faulted Champion |
Creature - Human Soldier
Champion
When Faulted Champion enters the battlefield, exile target permanent.
When Faulted Champion dies, return the exiled target permanent to the battlefield under its owners control.
3/3
Undoubted Champion 
Creature - Human Knight
First strike, vigilance
Other creatures you control can't attack or block.
3/3

I need to stop designing so many cards with drawbacks. 

Minister of Doubt

Creature -- Vedalken Advisor
Opponents can't cast spells during a turn unless he or she pays during that turn.
Opponents can't attack with creatures during a turn unless he or she pays during that turn.
"Doubt; the third weapon of the Ascdendency. In the cloud of uncertainty, there can be no dissent."
2/2
Sign In to post comments