Hello & Question!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello!

I have recently started playing D&D again. I currently play 3.5.  I barely know about 4e, so I don't play that. I do know that there was a BoVD board here. I was wondering if there was a forum for things like those issues in the game for 18 and over?

I wrote a PC history that touches on a delicate issue or two. I was asking in particular because I'm looking for feedback on the character bio story I wrote. If there is not a board that handles that, maybe I can just go to a player board and get my feedback via PM or something. Anyway, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks! =)
Unless you get very explicit, you can probably just post it in "What's A Player To Do" or "Character Development". If you do get very explicit, this forum is probably not the place to discuss it.

Mature topics are generally fine though, although a warning at the top would be nice.
Epic Dungeon Master

Want to give your players a kingdom of their own? I made a 4e rule system to make it happen!

Your Kingdom awaits!
Update 5th Sep 2011: Added a sample kingdom, as well as sample of play.
Thanks! While not in blow by blow XXX detail, there are mature themes in it such as kidnapping, drugs, and a **** as a crime that "happened" to the character. It's actually the first character bio I've written like this. Since I am a female player my DM is fine with the concepts as long as I am. I appreciate your answer and I'll probably just post and ask anyone if they'd like to give me some thoughts via PM. Last thing I would want is to post inappropriately on a new board I belong to! :D

Yeah, your safest bet is PM.  It's recently been stated that even mentioning drugs is an actionable offense and I'd hate to see a new person get in trouble over something like that.  Create a thread in the Char Dev forum explaining what you'd like to do and ask for volunteers.  Probably the safest route - though it won't prevent members from reporting the PMs.  Hopefully you won't run into any [fluffy bunnies], though.  From my limited understanding of the board I'd say you're likely safe enough.

Edited by author to replace an uncacceptable term with one that's perfectly okeley dokeley.  My bad, ya'all. 
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Yes! I was too nervous and started a thread in the DM forums here (that's the opinions I'm after) and asked if anyone would volunteer to read it via PM. So far the couple of replies I've gotten have been nice and one was helpful to me that I heard from.  =)
Good to hear.  That's one of the more ... gentle forums we have.  Typically nice people looking to help.  I hope the rest of your reviews go well, too.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Is the Player board nice too? "Gentle"  given that I'm playing 3.5 table-top are the d20 boards my best bet? =)
Yeah, it should be.  Thing is, most people here play 4e.  There's not a whole lot of traffic on the Prev Ed boards but there's some.  The good news is that you're looking for thoughts on a character background - and that's pretty edition independent.  Hell, you can send it to me if you want.  It's been a while since I've played (and an even longer while since I played 3.5 (my favorite edition, btw ;)) but I'll take a look if you want.

Section Six Soldier

Is the Player board nice too? "Gentle"  given that I'm playing 3.5 table-top are the d20 boards my best bet? =)

Possibly.  We have all the cool people farther down the D&D Boards.  ;)

Most of the people down in the Previous Editions section are very knowledgable, and the rest of us are still learning from them. 

"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls