Force Destruction

Hi to everyone! Here is the reference

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Destructio...

We are looking to recover this power for Saga Edition. In the old d6 we used a home version that deals up tp 10D. Was an Alter, Sense, Control skill. 

After reading the Wookie entry we saw that the power have also area effect and destintegration traits. Also, in Master Qu Rahn it seems that have some kind of debilitating effect maybe?

Thanks and take care! 
Have you ever tried to smile?
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Star Wars HEAVY MOD (M&M) Adaptation http://www.mediafire.com/?b2e9e176n9ck9ia
Looks like an enhanced Dark Side version of Force Slam.  Maybe something like this: 

Force Destruction [Dark Side]  
Time: Full-Round action.  Targets: All targets within a 6-square cone and within line of sight.  
Make a Use the Force check: Make on roll and compare the result to each target's Fortitude Defense.  If the result equals or exceeds a target's Fortitude Defense, it takes 10d6 points of Force damage and is knocked prone.  If the result is less than a target's Fortitude Defense, it takes half damage and is not knocked prone. Targets larger than Medium add a size modifier to Fortitude Defense against this power: Colossal +50, Gargantuan +20, Huge +10, Large +5. This is an area effect.  Each use of this power moves the user -1 persistent step down the condition tack.  The penalties imposed by this condition persist until the user takes at least 10 minutes to recuperate, during which time the user can't engage in any strenuous activity.  
Special: You can spend a Force Point to reduce the -1 persistent step down the condition track to simply -1 step down the condition track (not persistent).    

I'm not sure how broken this might be given the damage involved, but since it takes a full-round action and it gives the user a persistent -1 condition step, I think that might help make the power less abused. Maybe?  Undecided 

"The Ithorian Supremacy League will prove you all wrong!"
Hi Thndrvyp!

Sicerelly, awesome.

I liked so much your idea. I would make a small add (to make it fit with the "original power") that if you beat up the DT and let target's HP to 0, it will be desintegrated.

About if the power its broken and its activation, the persistant CT its enough for me. Probably, due to the swiftness of usual dark side powers, I would change activation time to Standard instead of Full-Round. As I always use to say, the main restriction to pick up a Power, Feat, Talent its "no, you can learn/get it".

If someone want to use this destructive power will do it at expenses of its own health.

Sincerelly, a brilliant creation. Any suggestions are welcome of course ;)

Thank you so much!

Have you ever tried to smile?
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Star Wars HEAVY MOD (M&M) Adaptation http://www.mediafire.com/?b2e9e176n9ck9ia
Looks like an enhanced Dark Side version of Force Slam.  Maybe something like this: 

Force Destruction [Dark Side]  
Time: Full-Round action.  Targets: All targets within a 6-square cone and within line of sight.  
Make a Use the Force check: Make on roll and compare the result to each target's Fortitude Defense.  If the result equals or exceeds a target's Fortitude Defense, it takes 10d6 points of Force damage and is knocked prone.  If the result is less than a target's Fortitude Defense, it takes half damage and is not knocked prone. Targets larger than Medium add a size modifier to Fortitude Defense against this power: Colossal +50, Gargantuan +20, Huge +10, Large +5. This is an area effect.  Each use of this power moves the user -1 persistent step down the condition tack.  The penalties imposed by this condition persist until the user takes at least 10 minutes to recuperate, during which time the user can't engage in any strenuous activity.  
Special: You can spend a Force Point to reduce the -1 persistent step down the condition track to simply -1 step down the condition track (not persistent).    

I'm not sure how broken this might be given the damage involved, but since it takes a full-round action and it gives the user a persistent -1 condition step, I think that might help make the power less abused. Maybe?  

It's been a long time since I played: Jedi Knight, Dark Forces II. So bare with me. Did the original power realy knock people prone? Was it an area effect?

Anyway a power doing 10d6 to muliple opponents? No, that would be too much. Anyway, you could get a similar effect by activating Force Slam with the force secret Devastating Power, spend a DP to double the damage. That way, you have to be at least lvl 12 to do it, and you dont have to make up a new unbalanced power.

Now if you want it to be more of a force enery attack, use Force Lightning with Devastating Power and just call it Force Destruction instead. That way you can make the damage 12d6 with a Force Point, or 16d6 with a DP. A good way to simulate the power within the rules.

20801.jpg

Hi to everyone! Here is the reference

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Destructio...

We are looking to recover this power for Saga Edition. In the old d6 we used a home version that deals up tp 10D. Was an Alter, Sense, Control skill. 

After reading the Wookie entry we saw that the power have also area effect and destintegration traits. Also, in Master Qu Rahn it seems that have some kind of debilitating effect maybe?

Thanks and take care! 

Little known aspect of SAGA, but if you take the detonate power and the improved detonate technique... It basically becomes force destruction. 

The power then creates a 15 foot sphere of crazy destructive power.  Add some darkside flavor to that, maybe with a talent or other technique for extra effect, and that is a force destruction already in the game.

The power above by THndrvyp is a little over powered, far exceeding unleashed force lightning.  I would definitely tone that down, especially in damage.
My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
Hi Thndrvyp!

Sicerelly, awesome.

I liked so much your idea. I would make a small add (to make it fit with the "original power") that if you beat up the DT and let target's HP to 0, it will be desintegrated.

About if the power its broken and its activation, the persistant CT its enough for me. Probably, due to the swiftness of usual dark side powers, I would change activation time to Standard instead of Full-Round. As I always use to say, the main restriction to pick up a Power, Feat, Talent its "no, you can learn/get it".

If someone want to use this destructive power will do it at expenses of its own health.

Sincerelly, a brilliant creation. Any suggestions are welcome of course ;)

Thank you so much!

Glad to help.  One thing though, the power is said to require "a great deal of focus and concentration," so I think Full-Round fits the fluff better than Standard, plus it helps the power be less "easy" to use.  In any case, MajesticMoose's idea may be a better direction to go.   

MajesticMoose wrote: 
Little known aspect of SAGA, but if you take the detonate power and the improved detonate technique... It basically becomes force destruction.  

The power then creates a 15 foot sphere of crazy destructive power.  Add some darkside flavor to that, maybe with a talent or other technique for extra effect, and that is a force destruction already in the game.

The power above by THndrvyp is a little over powered, far exceeding unleashed force lightning.  I would definitely tone that down, especially in damage. 

I agree if using Detonate that an additional technique would be needed since Improved Detonate only allows half damage to enemies.  Requiring two Force Techniques also ensures that characters must have a minimum heroic level of 11, so it cannot be used at lower levels.  Perhaps something like this: 

Force Technique: Advanced Detonate   
Prerequisite: Improved Detonate 
When you use the Detonate power with the Improved Detonate Force Technique, you can draw on the Dark Side of the Force to increase the damage done to all enemies from half damage sustained by the object to full damage sustained by the object.  Additionally, each use of this Force Technique results in increasing your Dark Side Score by +1.   

Thoughts?
"The Ithorian Supremacy League will prove you all wrong!"
Force Technique: Advanced Detonate   
Prerequisite: Improved Detonate 
When you use the Detonate power with the Improved Detonate Force Technique, you can draw on the Dark Side of the Force to increase the damage done to all enemies from half damage sustained by the object to full damage sustained by the object.  Additionally, each use of this Force Technique results in increasing your Dark Side Score by +1.   

Thoughts?

Two thoughts:
1. The second technique can simply be called force destruction.  I like it that way, it feels more linked to the source materila that way.
2. I would do the technique this way:
Force destruction
Prerequisite: detonate
When using the detonate power, you may increase your Darkside score by one point to double the damage damage dealt to the object. This damage bonus can not stack with any other damage bonuses.

This way adds utility to the power beyond being an add on for improved detonate. 

Also, there is a combo of creating a force user that has improved detonate and 2 levels of sabotuer, which will double the damage dealt by detonate and improved detonate.  The wording included in my suggestion precludes the two from stacking.  otherwise you could get some super insane improved detonates, dealing upwards of 5 damage average to a 4x4 block. 

However, what ever makes sense for your game is what's good. 
My Blog, mostly about D&D.
57304548 wrote:
I imagine that Majestic Moose plays a more "A team" type game than most of us. By that I mean he allows his players to make tanks out of a backyard playground set since the players have more "fun" that way.
Actually I much prefer The Losers.
Show
When I and my friends sit down we want a game of heroic fantasy. Rare is the moment when I have cried out in a video game or RPG "that's unrealistic." (Unless there is no jump button. Seriously makes me mad, single handedly ruined the N64 zelda series for me, but that's a digression of a digression.) I mean, we play games with the force in galaxies far, far away, with supernatural horrors, dragons and demi-gods, alternate cosmologies, etc. Reality and it's effects hold little sway to what makes a Heroic fantasy game fun IMO. Just repeat after me: You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are not how much you've spent on WotC products. You are not whatever RPG you play. You are one of tens of thousands of people that spend money on a hobby. You will not always get what you want
Sign In to post comments