Character Builder randomly crashes when I select certain options

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've posted about this issue before, some months ago, and never received any kind of explanation, or fix.  When using the online character builder, I often experience catastrophic failure of the application after selecting certain options.  I'm not always sure which options will cause the crash, but there are certain options which always make it fail.  For example, if I try to create a Hexblade, selecting any of the Warlock pacts will crash my system.  Sometimes, when trying to select a particular paragon path, or power (on any class), I experience the crash.  So, to elaborate, let's say I'm creating a Dragonborn Paladin, and I'm looking at first level at will powers.  As I click through them, to view the descriptions, 9 out of 10 will function normally, but one of them might randomly crash the system.  

I have experienced the crash on Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, using both Silverlight 4 and 5, and it has never functioned normally for me.  I am running Windows 7.  If anyone has any insight on why this might be happening, I'd love to hear it.  I quit even trying to use the online builder a long time ago, but there are so many new options available, I'd love to be able to use it.
I'm having the same issue, although I think I've located a pattern.

The Character Builder crashes everytime I try to edit the "additional details" tab, but only when customizing an Essentials character.

I literally can't change or add anything in the addtional details when building an Essentials character without the entire program crashing.
I've posted about this issue before, some months ago, and never received any kind of explanation, or fix.  When using the online character builder, I often experience catastrophic failure of the application after selecting certain options.  I'm not always sure which options will cause the crash, but there are certain options which always make it fail.  For example, if I try to create a Hexblade, selecting any of the Warlock pacts will crash my system.  Sometimes, when trying to select a particular paragon path, or power (on any class), I experience the crash.  So, to elaborate, let's say I'm creating a Dragonborn Paladin, and I'm looking at first level at will powers.  As I click through them, to view the descriptions, 9 out of 10 will function normally, but one of them might randomly crash the system.  

I have experienced the crash on Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer, using both Silverlight 4 and 5, and it has never functioned normally for me.  I am running Windows 7.  If anyone has any insight on why this might be happening, I'd love to hear it.  I quit even trying to use the online builder a long time ago, but there are so many new options available, I'd love to be able to use it.

Try uninstalling SL5.  There are so many posts here about how it has broken the CB/MB, it would be the first step I'd take in trying to fix it.
I'm currently running Silverlight 4, and having the exact same issue.  
I am running the windows 7 and silverlight 5 and it is doing the same crashes. I am also using explorer and crome and firefox.

Any help getting this to work would be very  helpful as I am working on a campaign right and am needing to build 4 new characters by next week.  thank you in advance.
I am running the windows 7 and silverlight 5 and it is doing the same crashes. I am also using explorer and crome and firefox.

Any help getting this to work would be very  helpful as I am working on a campaign right and am needing to build 4 new characters by next week.  thank you in advance.

Uninstall Silverlight 5 (and if necessary install SL 4)
Sign In to post comments