Praerie Dwarves, now in 4E-vision.

1 post / 0 new
So in campaigns I've run in the past, my players would occasionally run across or hear tell of the Praerie Dwarves or their fine wine. I eventually made a write-up in the 3.5 forum days. More recently, inspired by racial variant threads, I've decided to update it to 4th edition. So without further ado...

THE PRAERIE DWARF

Long ago, before men dominated the world, the gods of dwarves and elves quarreled over the lot of their peoples. Even the friends and family of Corellon and Moradin, gods themselves, argued over what was best for their people. Eventually they all resolved their difference, in a manner, and things became as they are now.

But the voice of one of Moradin's folk, some say a young cousin, was not heard. He said nothing and stood by his kin, as is the Dwarven way. Many years did he toil in Moradin's name, all the while dreaming of a better life. Finally, he led those of like mind out from under the mountain and into the lands of the sun. Thus were born the Prairie Dwarves.

Prairie Dwarves learned from the ways of Men and Elves and integrated themselves into this new world. They are warm towards others, but shrewd in business - making fine shopkeepers - and their Prairie Wine is rivalled only by the skill of the elves.

Racial Traits

Average Height: 4' 4" - 5'
Average Weight: 150 - 210 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom or Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 5
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Dwarven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Insight

Cast Iron Stomach: as normal

Dwarven Resiliance: as normal.

Veteran Negotiator: Once per encounter, when you make a Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Insight or Streetwise skill check, you can take take 10 instead of the result of your die roll.