Sacrifice and flashing a graveyard

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Do creatures that are sacrificed to an Eldrazi flash the graveyard?
I assume you mean sacrificed to an annihilator trigger. However, what do you mean by flash the graveyard? Flash usually refers to the card or the ability.
We have a player with a card that says when it goes to the graveyard a trigger fires. And he is sacking it to an Eldrazi.
Triggered abilties trigger (or fire, as you put it) when they say they do. That's not to sound smart, but often players read a lot more into abilties than they ought to. So if the card says something like "When X is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, do Y." That will happen whenever X is put into the graveyard from the battlefield. It doesn't matter what causes it to go to the graveyrad, only that it does.

In short, yes, sacrificing a creature will trigger triggered effect that are looking fir a creature to go from the battleifeld to the graveyard.

To be sure though, which card are you referring to?
This is not my sig.
Oh, a death trigger.

Yes, if a player sacrifices Pitchburn Devils to an annihilator trigger, it's ability will trigger. It doesn't care how it get there (and I don't think there are many, if any, death triggers that even ask), just that it was moved from the graveyard to the battlefield.

Like annihilator, the triggered ability will resolve before blockers are declared (in the case of something like Doomed Traveller), but not before you finish sacrificing to annihilator.
Sign In to post comments