Help with incantatrix

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi. I'm almost decided with my char.
It's going to be a Wizard 5/Red Wizard 5/Incantatrix 3/Sublime Chord 1-2/Other 5-6

The idea is to be buffed 24/7 with shapechange and other spells.

Now I need help with the following points:

1) Any way to get bardic music (to fill the requisite for sublime chord) via feat, alternative class feature or PrC that gives you bardic music and +1 CL at first level

2) Any way to use/get (at least once per day, without exp or material cost, unless its a focus) Body outside body (Wu jen spell, 7th), Divine Power (Cleric, 4th) and Righteus Might (Cleric, 5th). No Extra spell please. For the cleric spells I thought of using Arcane Disciple (CD 79) with War and Strength domains. But would be better if I don't need to waste 2 feats to get them.

3) The other 5/6 levels i've thought of geting 1 Exemplar level, to get "take 10" and +4 bonus to spellcraft and Perform checks (with 30+ in a perform check I can get a +4 to spellcaster level to my next spell as a move action). 1 level of the class needed to get bardic music. And the other 3/4 to Archmage, Red wizard or Incantatrix.

4) Race will probably be Grey Elf (maybe phrenic, cause we play with the LA buyoff). Other races I'm considering are: Human (probably will turn into necropolitan+evolved undead+spellstiched=Fast healing+Lot's of spells as spell-like abilities) or warforged.

5) Any creature (up to 25 HD) suggestion to take as my "normal form". I'm looking specially for one that has the following special qualities: Immunity to magic, True seeing (As a supernatural ability, not a spell-like) and maybe regen.

Well... that's all I think. Any other suggestions will be considered as well.

Allowed books

-Arms and Equipment Guide

-Book of Exalted Deads

-Book of Vile Darkness (3.0)

-Complete arcane

-Complete Divine

-Comple Adventurer

-Complete Warrior

-Dungeon Master’s Guide

-Dungeon Master’s Guide 2

-Draconomicon (not sure if it’s 3.0 or 3.5)

-Eberron Campaign Setting

-Epic Level Handbook (3.0)

-Fiend Folio (3.0)

-Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting

-Libris mortis

-Magic Item Compendium

-Magic of Faerun

-Monster Manual 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

-Spell Compendium

-Player’s Guide to Faerun

-Player’s Handbook

-Player’s Handbook 2

-Savage Species (3.0, sometimes we use it)

-Serpent Kingdoms (no sharruk xD)

-Tome of Battle: Book of the Nine Swords

-Unaproachable East

-Unearthed arcane

-Weapons of Legacy

Wow, no one responded to this?

No, there's no way to get bardic music except through class levels. One of those class levels is from Bardic Skald, which (IIRC) is from Races of Faerun. I still don't know why you want Sublime Chord, though. I'd skip out on that, if I were you, and stick to more Incantatrix levels.

The major thing for persisting **** is gonna be pumping your Spellcraft check. There are many ways to achieve this, and Spellscale (Races of the Dragon) is actually more effective than Grey/Fire Elf at it. The elves still have the Save DC advantage, though.

Adding spells like divine power, righteous might, and indeed anything not on the wizard spell list is actually a core Wizard ability. It's referred to as "learning spells from scrolls". And no, I'm not joking about this. Every single prestige class ability that lets a character learn a spell regardless of what class spell list it's on is just replicating what wizards can already do.    

No, there's no way to get bardic music except through class levels. One of those class levels is from Bardic Skald, which (IIRC) is from Races of Faerun. I still don't know why you want Sublime Chord, though. I'd skip out on that, if I were you, and stick to more Incantatrix levels.

Actually Sublime Chord was for a build that uses Wu Jen instead of wizard, but it can't get into red wizard. In this build isn't much useful, except to get some spontaneus spells, maybe Improvisation from the bard's lv 1 spells (if allowed by the DM). But yea, is dispensable. Anyway, what I was looking was a class that gives you both bardic and spellcasting +1 at first level. The skald gives only bardic music.

The major thing for persisting **** is gonna be pumping your Spellcraft check. There are many ways to achieve this, and Spellscale (Races of the Dragon) is actually more effective than Grey/Fire Elf at it. The elves still have the Save DC advantage, though.

It's a very good race, the bonus that gives you so spellcraft if you do the IO meditation is high. Unfortunatly, it isn't from the books allowed =/. Also I've solved most of the spellcraft check problem with one level of Exemplar, maybe Item Familiar and/or Improvisation.

Adding spells like divine powerrighteous might, and indeed anything not on the wizard spell list is actually a core Wizard ability. It's referred to as "learning spells from scrolls". And no, I'm not joking about this. Every single prestige class ability that lets a character learn a spell regardless of what class spell list it's on is just replicating what wizards can already do.

Actually, they can't scribe a spell from any list, unless a class ability (or another source) specifies that. From the FAQ's of wizards:

"The PH says a wizard can scribe a spell from a
spellbook or scroll into her spellbook. Can she scribe a spell
from an arcane scroll that isn’t on the wizard’s spell list?
No. A wizard’s spellbook is limited to spells from the
wizard class spell list."
Didn't want to create a thread for a single question. So.... does anybody knows about a spell/power that let you "take 10" on skill checks? IIRC the flavor of the spell was something like "the time slows for a moment, giving you time to concentrate on what you're doing" or "your mind is calmed magically giving you the chance to take 10 on a skill check"... something like that.
Sign In to post comments