"Person of Interest" in Eberron

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
*Open to scene of a scrying pool viewing Sharn.* 

You are being watched.

*Scrying pool shifts to street level. Thousands of people walk the street, each with a Draconic Rune floating above them.*

The Crimson Codex has a secret system, an Artifact that views your part in the Prophecy every hour of every day.

*Shift to an aged recluse looking out into the sea.*

I know, because I built it. 

*Recluse walks down the street. His rune briefly flickers to 'Ohnal Caldyn', then registers 'Unknown'.*  

I designed the Caldyn Fragments to detects acts of war, but it sees everything. Violent crimes involving ordinary people. People like you. Crimes the Codex considered irrelevant.  

*Scans the street, draconic runes flare red over:
 - a Minotaur heading into a House Kundarak safehouse  
- a conversation between two Half-Elves: 'she really died on stage last night'.
-  A Halfling browbeats an Ogre.*   

They wouldn't act, so I decided I would. But I needed partners.

*Focus on a Changeling in black leather armour. He looks towards the Scrying Pool and changes his appearance, causing the runes to scramble.*   

Someone with the skills to intervene. 

*Changeling is seen firing at a Skycoach. His partners, a huge Warforged and Half-Orc, grab hold of the falling skycoach and prevent it from crashing. The sole passenger, a Shifter, grabs hold of the driver, who begins to sprout tentacles. From the shadows comes a Kalashtar, who mentally dominates the driver into passivity.*

Hunted by the authorities, we work in secret. You will never find us. But whatever your role in the Prophecy, if your time has come, we will find you.

PROPHECY OF INTEREST   

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Soooooo are you teasing us? If so, why?

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
This may become my new plotline for my campaign. The current Leverage spinoff could definitely take this turn for paragon teir. 
Makes me think of Minority Report.