Missed Trigger additional remedy causes another trigger?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This topic has nothing to do with the new IPG changes.
----

Adam controls Reaper from the Abyss, a 2/2 Zombie token and no player controls any other creatures. A creature died this turn. At the end of Adam's turn, no player notices the trigger.

During NAP's turn, he casts Elite Inquisitor, a non-Demon creature and during the second main phase, it is noticed that Reaper's ability did not trigger last turn. Reaper of the Abyss's ability is resolved and the Zombie token is destroyed. 

My question is, at the end of this turn, will Elite Inquisitor be destroyed because the dying Zombie triggered morbid?
We will endure.
I just took a quick glance at the IPG and I don't see why not.  When a trigger like that is missed it gets added to the stack and eventually resolves.  In this case a creature died this turn, so Reaper should trigger again.  Just because it shouldn't have happened that way doesn't mean it won't.  There can be many different situations where missing something in the game causes the gamestate to be a way that it shouldn't, but that's not our (judges) problem.  We apply the fix (putting the trigger on the stack), issue penalties, and as long as the gamestate is legal, play goes on.  The gamestate being in a way that it wouldn't be normally through natural progression is just something that can happen when both players missed stuff.
DCI Level 1 Judge Please autocard: [c]Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon[/c] = Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon [c=Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon]Skittles[/c] = Skittles Cards do what they say they do. No more. No less.
I'd be questioning whether or not Adam failed to notice the trigger intentionally and if Adam intentionally waited to call a judge after NAP had put Inquisitor on the field...

...but it is NAP's responsibility to maintain the game state as well and he missed it too.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

...but it is NAP's responsibility to maintain the game state as well and he missed it too.

Not for long.  
From the new IPG which takes effect in January:

"Players other than the controller of a trigger are under no obligation to point out that a trigger has been missed, though they may do so if they wish." 
DCI Level 1 Judge Please autocard: [c]Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon[/c] = Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon [c=Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon]Skittles[/c] = Skittles Cards do what they say they do. No more. No less.
Laughing

When someone has an imaginary friend, we call it mental sickness. When a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend, we call it a religion.

Sign In to post comments