Submissions Rejections

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
If we haven't heard back on our October submissions at this point, does that mean they've been rejected?  I'm only asking because it seems like some people got explicit rejections.
The new policy does state that every submission will receive a response. It just may take until the end of January, which is 60 days after the close of the submission window (rather than 60 days after the date of submission).

I didn't hear back until last Friday about my stuff from Oct. 18, so I think they're trying to keep to 60 days from submission, but that part's only speculation.
If we haven't heard back on our October submissions at this point, does that mean they've been rejected?  I'm only asking because it seems like some people got explicit rejections.

Did you get an auto-response email saying that they received your submission?
Tim Eagon My DDI Articles Follow me on Twitter @Tim_Eagon
I only just got my rejections last week so it's likely that they're still working their way through the stack.

On the topic of rejection letters, I just want to say a big thank you to WotC for such a great job. While every single one of my ideas was rejected Cry , Chris Perkins explained clearly why each was turned down and then gave me some great advice for future submissions. Never has rejection felt so inspiring Smile

So I want to send a big thank you to WotC for sending out such detailed submission responses. It must be a massive amount of work, but I suspect it will pay off in the long run when all of us inspiring writers submit better material the next time around.
When is the next submission window?
When is the next submission window?

It opens April 1st and ends May 31st.
Tim Eagon My DDI Articles Follow me on Twitter @Tim_Eagon
On that topic, I've started a thread on the DDI General forum on the topic of rejections and the feedback provided thereon -- focused on the things they've said they're not interested in at all. Please feel free to go contribute; I'm intending to keep the main post updated.
Btw I heard back on my Dungeon submissions three weeks ago but still waiting on hearing anything about my dragon article proposals.  Yes, I did get a confirmation email when I first submitted them, shroomy.
Well the 90 day window has passed.  I never recieved any non-automated response on my 3 Dragon article proposals.  
Well the 90 day window has passed.  I never recieved any non-automated response on my 3 Dragon article proposals.  

Haven't heard back about mine, either; I figure I'll give it a week before I send a polite email asking about it.  I imagine DDXP and the like may have put things off schedule. 
I figure I ought to cross-post here for anybody who hasn't seen me tweet it, Stan!'s re-tweet of it, or the cross-post to G+. I got a rejection last night on a project that was greenlit from the April/May submission window, with some feedback. I've blogged about the feedback, along with showing off my original draft here:

jffdougan.blogspot.com/2012/09/freelance...
Sign In to post comments