Dungeon 197 - Save My Game: Parting Shots

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon 197
Save My Game: Parting Shots
by Stephen Radney-MacFarland

This is my last Save My Game column.

Talk about this article here.

We had a full farewell topic in General for Rich Baker and Steve Winters, but as far as I know, the knowledge of Stephen Radney-MacFarland's departure wasn't evident at the time, and that topic is now closed due to off-topic wandering into debates best left unmentioned now.

Good-bye, Stephen!  Your advice has been fantastic, and Save My Game is one of my favourite reads every month.  Good luck with Paizo – even if there's been bad blood between Paizo and WotC, and even if I'm not a fan of Pathfinder, I know you'll bring to that game the wisdom and fun that you always brought to Dungeons & Dragons.  And I'm sure your good work as a developer will continue to be recognised.

Thank you for all your advice, and all the wonderful content you've worked on!  We'll miss you here at D&D, but your legacy will live on. 

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Farewell Stephen Radney-MacFarland and thanks for all the fish!

Fish being a really poor metaphor for all the great articles you have written and the work you have done for WOTC.

Thank you Stephen Radney-MacFarland on behalf of the D&D Community.

I appreciated your work and the Save My Game Column and hope to see you around again sometime.
Thank you Stephen Radney-MacFarland for sharing your wisdom with us!

Farewells are always sad, but we hope to see you around in the future!
Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition
Thanks everyone. I really enjoyed writing the column over the years. I'm glad folks enjoyed it.
Stephen Radney-MacFarland Pathfinder RPG Designer
Really sorry to see Stephen Radney-MacFarland go, his column was the one i consistenly read.

On a related note, here is Dork Towers take on the situation (apparently its a dark joke of the industry, this WOTC practice).

Here is a bit of a side note, because there seems to be some confusion about the subject. I was not part of this year’s Christmas layoffs. I got that hammer two years ago. I started doing freelance for Paizo soon after (the Advanced Player’s Guide) and I have been working as a designer over their full time for just over a year now. My work at Wizards since has been freelance since then. 

I’m a fan of D&D, I have been for a long time now, and I don’t plan on quitting. Personally, I see working on Pathfinder as an extension of that. It’s not D&D, but, well, you know. ;)

The folks at Wizards are awesome folks. I wish them the best in the New Year and any future endeavors. I also wish the best to Rich Baker and Steve Winter. Both are awesome guys with a lot of talent. I’ve loved working and gaming with both of them.

I love working at Paizo. It’s such a great company filled with super talented folks and great people. I’m lucky that I get to work with good friends ever day. And while I will miss writing Save My Game, that place keeps me plenty busy. If you want more commentary and advice on RPGs, especially D&D and Pathfinder, check out my blog at www.neogrognard.com. It hasn’t been updated for a while, but soon that will change. As a word of warning, I am far more candid, garage band, and foul-mouthed over there. It gets more than a little rambling and R-rated at times, so if that’s not your cup of tea, stay away.

Again, thanks everyone. I will see you around.

Best of luck in your future work, I'm sure good things will come your way. I've always enjoyed reading your columns and I know from experience that your advice has gone a long way towards improving a lot D&D games around the world. Thank you, and all the best!
Congrats on your work.  As mentionned before, this was one of the columns I read religiously.  It will be sorely missed.  Not many people can give the advice you gave.  Thanks for the wonderful years.
twentyfootradius@gmail.com Alton - @TwentyFoot 20ft Radius - 20ftradius.blogspot.ca
I’m a fan of D&D, I have been for a long time now, and I don’t plan on quitting. Personally, I see working on Pathfinder as an extension of that. It’s not D&D, but, well, you know. ;)

;)

Working on Pathfinder is a great place to be, imho.

I love working at Paizo. It’s such a great company filled with super talented folks and great people. I’m lucky that I get to work with good friends ever day. And while I will miss writing Save My Game, that place keeps me plenty busy. If you want more commentary and advice on RPGs, especially D&D and Pathfinder, check out my blog at www.neogrognard.com. It hasn’t been updated for a while, but soon that will change. As a word of warning, I am far more candid, garage band, and foul-mouthed over there. It gets more than a little rambling and R-rated at times, so if that’s not your cup of tea, stay away.

I just subscribed to feed. Blog away!

Again, thanks everyone. I will see you around.

Any chance you are going to DDXP this year?

Thanks for all your articles man! Subcribed to your blog so I can keep the good stuff rolling in. (Sounds a little dirty maybe but oh well.)

Any chance you are going to DDXP this year?

Oh, there is a chance.
Sign In to post comments