Rich Baker Posts Bad News In his Blog Today

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
As most of you know Rich Baker has been responsible for much of the design work for AAM.  Today in his Blog he reports his position has been eliminated.

Read More here.

community.wizards.com/wotc_richbaker/blo...

GW
Your Avalon Hill VCL 0c9b9c4639e3c9294f5e1f424cee47a3.jpg?v=42600
As most of you know Rich Baker has been responsible for much of the design work for AAM.  Today in his Blog he reports his position has been eliminated.

Read More here.

community.wizards.com/wotc_richbaker/blo...

GW

you can add Huscarl too.
Steve Winter.

Brian Hart the Brand manager for AAM was also let go too.

I am very saddened by the news.
A sad day for A&A...
A sad day for A&A...

That's putting it mildly
I am for once at a loss for words, for both our friends Rich and Steve and for our collective games that we all love so much. Recessions rarely treat games companies well, particularly when marketing was never Hasbro/WotC's strong point. This shortfall is likely to be the cause of the companies most recient round of Xmas lay-offs. As I searched the net last night looking for more information I realized that this pre-christmas cheer is an annual thing at WotC and they have been sliding for quite some time.

To Rich and Steve: My sincere thanks to all the contributions to gaming that you guys have made over the years. I wish success and prosperity to you and your families in these hard times and truely wish things didn't have to go this way. We will erect a place on the "Underground" to honor and thank you guys for you hard work over the years. It wasn't for nothing!

Respectfully
Ober
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Thanks, guys, your sentiments are appreciated. I expect you'll still see me around here from time to time, but without "WotC_" at the front of my name.

Steve 
If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.
Steve,

I'm glad to hear that you may drop by from time to time although I suspect this latest setback will likely kill this forum for good. Please stop by the Underground anytime you wish, you are always welcome and the guys would love to talk with you. If you ever got to a point where you would consider unofficially answering rules questions we would certainly set up a venue for you. In the mean time hold your head high and know you earned the respect of all the Axis and Allies communities and made some worthy contributions.

Ober
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Sorry to hear Rich Baker and Steve Winter lost their jobs.  Thanks for all the stuff you guys did for the AAM and WAS gaming community.  Wish you two the best of luck.
Sorry to hear Rich Baker and Steve Winter lost their jobs.  Thanks for all the stuff you guys did for the AAM and WAS gaming community.  Wish you two the best of luck.

Ditto.

Steve & Rich, you guys were rock solid support for the game. As usual, the best guys take it on the chin. This company had alot going for it; unfortunately the power ultimately resided where it had it going the least. Typical.

Wish you guys the best.
Whosoever conquers others has force. Whosoever conquers himself is strong. --Lao Tzu Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Outrider Northern Contingent of the SYRACUSE-BINGHAMTON ALLIANCE