12/15/2011 From the Lab: "Back in a Flash"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Sort of off topic, but why is the image for flashback week the card image from Dismal Failure?
I really enjoyed that first deck, Spellweaver Helix is a card I forgot about, and definitely didn't realize the awesome synergy with Quiet Speculation. Thanks for this!
Sort of off topic, but why is the image for flashback week the card image from Dismal Failure?

Maybe it's self-referential?

L1 Judge

Okay not only is that last deck easily standard, it's dirt cheap. You and Van Lunen should trade jobs once in a while!
Bwahahaha!
Fabulous, simply fabulous!

I love decks 1 and 3 (deck 2 is interesting, but not really my cup o' tea, plus I'm not really certain about the consistency on that one).

Potential T3 swarm of 2/2 zoms?  Pure awesome.
Charmbreaker, into charmbreaker, into charmbreaker, into charmbreaker, into charmbreaker....eeeeeheheheheheh.  Absolutely hilarious!

R/U is the most potent color combination for wackiness, so yes Noel, it was entirely appropriate.

Theme decks eh...  I've been fiddling with building a Gensokyo EDH deck off and on for about a year now, getting appropriate cards here and there, but I never did pull it together and finalize the deck.  Well, I suppose this is as good a time as ever to kick up the deck building a notch.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

the last deck is EPIC!
i build one like it with Galvanoth but is never thought about Cackling Counterpart
im going to add that one, seems a lot of fun.