Eberron IDW Comics

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi.
Is there anyone else feeling anxious for the new comics coming out in February 2012 from IDW?!

I´ve read they are with Abraxis Wren and written by Paul Crilley , and are based in Sharn. The downpart , is that this is part of a Crossover , so we´ll probably have to see some Transformers !!!!and other stuff in there also ( although seing the HP Lovecraft characters doesn´t sound so bad as them) .

Neverthless , it´s always great to see brought to the comics the magnificent world created by Keith Baker.

Opinions?!   
I hadn't heard about this. I'm glad to see Eberron getting its turn with comics again!
What?!?! Eberron comics? CITATION NEEDED.

www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2046/

Not sure how I feel about crossovers; the Abyssal Plague crossover books were.....nothing special. 

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Defenders: We ARE the wall!

I've replaced the previous Edition Warring line in my sig with this one, because honestly, everybody needs to work together to make the D&D they like without trampling on somebody else's D&D.

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
Well whoever wrote the other Dungeons & Dragon Comic by IDW did a great job, so I would have high hopes, I'll probably get it and see.
I hadn't heard about this. I'm glad to see Eberron getting its turn with comics again!

Keith Baker hadn't heard about this?  So I'm guessing none of these will be a followup to Eye of the Wolf which remains to this day the best source for Eberron artwork.  Bah humbug.  There is no Silver Flame.

I refer you to this page on destiny.
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Vampire Class/Feat in 2013!

I prefer Next because 4E players and CharOpers can't find their ass without a grid and a power called "Find Ass."

No response?  People, this is the part where you get pissed off and say "We have to release more Eye of the Wolf issues!"

Vampire Class/Feat in 2013!

I prefer Next because 4E players and CharOpers can't find their ass without a grid and a power called "Find Ass."

People, this is the part where you get pissed off and say "We have to release more Eye of the Wolf issues!"

Boldrei's Bloody Nose! We have to release more Eye Of The Wolf issues!!!!

Boldrei's Bloody Nose!

Who punched Boldrei in the face?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

The Fury. That b**ch is OUT OF CONTROL!

The Fury. That b**ch is OUT OF CONTROL!

Hahahahaha.

People, this is the part where you get pissed off and say "We have to release more Eye of the Wolf issues!"

Boldrei's Bloody Nose! We have to release more Eye Of The Wolf issues!!!!

GIVE US MORE EYE OF THE WOLF! NAO!!! 

I've replaced the previous Edition Warring line in my sig with this one, because honestly, everybody needs to work together to make the D&D they like without trampling on somebody else's D&D.

57019168 wrote:
The common curse, "By the Nine and the Six!" Actually comes from a popular and sacriligious serial "opera story" often printed in the less respected newspapers of the Five Nations known as "The Nine and The Six". It details the drama that goes hand in hand with being a deity trying to live a normal life. In one of the more infamous arcs, Boldrei and The Fury got into a vicious catfight, resulting ultimately in Boldrei's nose being bloodied. "Bolderi's Bloody Nose" is now itself a common invective.
astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
The common curse, "By the Nine and the Six!" Actually comes from a popular and sacriligious serial "opera story" often printed in the less respected newspapers of the Five Nations known as "The Nine and The Six". It details the drama that goes hand in hand with being a deity trying to live a normal life. In one of the more infamous arcs, Boldrei and The Fury got into a vicious catfight, resulting ultimately in Boldrei's nose being bloodied. "Bolderi's Bloody Nose" is now itself a common invective.

... srsly?

Strangely, I always interpretted 'bloody' as the British swear word, which didn't make a lot of sense but hey ... lots of stuff doesn't.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
And the previews show more comics for Abraxis Wren :

pulllist.comixology.com/sku/JAN120425/Du...

And here is another vote for EYE OF THE WOLF!!!!!!

Bring us more of it.       

And another vote for Eye Of The Wolf But I think we have a better chance if we post this over at the IDW forums.

But I'm also really excited about the Abraxis Wren comics. I loved Taint Of The  Black Brigade. Unfortunatly the first book of the series is sold out here in Germany. 

To the Infestation 2 crossover:

I don't believe there will be Transformers in the Eberron books. Last year there was the Infestation 1 crossover (CVO/Transfomers/Star Trek/G.I. Joe/Ghostbusters) and... it wasn't a real crossover. There was one character from the CVO comic who went to the other four but no interaction between the other titles. IDW has announced that there will be more "crossover" this time, but I'm still expecting that this will only happen in Infestation 2 #2 in march. So if you only read Infestation #1 and #2 I doubt that there will be any Transformers (btw Steampunk Transformers), Turtles or G.I. Joes in it.

I'm really looking forward to this and hope that I will not be dissapointed as with the recent IDW Drizzt mini-serie. But the ongoing Dungeons and Dragons written by John Rogers is GREAT. 
Hi all. Just saw this thread so wanted to give some info. The first two comics are part of IDW's crossover event, where the Old Ones of Cthulhu mythos invade various worlds. That is the extent of the crossover in Eberron. No Transformers or anything like that. Just the Old Ones. I've also just finished a 40 page annual tentateivly called Murder on the Breland Express, where Wren tries to take a break on a luxury Lightning Rail, but things go terribly wrong. 

I did an interview with CBR about it where I said I'd also live to see more Eberron comics. There is so much potential there for different lines. Eberon: Noir. Eberron: S&S, that kind of thing, each line covering a different sub-genre that fits into Eberron. I'd also love ot do some long form, monthly stories with Wren, really spread out the investgations. I'm finding that he and Torin work relly well in comics. It's been great fun.
Paul, thank you greatly for chiming in. I don't think there's a word for how happy I would be if multiple Eberron comic lines were released. There is a word for what I'd be doing, though: Subscribing. I've already told my FLGS to sign me up for the series thats coming out in February (what do we call it?), and if any more Eberron series came out, I'd subscribe to them too.

57019168 wrote:
Hi Oglwan

The Crossover is called Infestation 2. The follow on Wren story that is not a crossover I think is just called Dungeons & Dragons: Eberron. 

ANd it would be great to see more Eberron comics. Imagine Keith's Thorn of Breland in comic form? It would be amazing. And Marcy Rockwell's Sabira.

I've posted some of the covers over on my Facebook page, in case anyone wants a look. www.facebook.com/paul.crilley (I"m not sure if I can post images here?)
... srsly?

No, I was making a horrible joke.

Which I now regret... 
astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
Hi all. Just saw this thread so wanted to give some info. The first two comics are part of IDW's crossover event, where the Old Ones of Cthulhu mythos invade various worlds. That is the extent of the crossover in Eberron. No Transformers or anything like that. Just the Old Ones. I've also just finished a 40 page annual tentateivly called Murder on the Breland Express, where Wren tries to take a break on a luxury Lightning Rail, but things go terribly wrong. 

I did an interview with CBR about it where I said I'd also live to see more Eberron comics. There is so much potential there for different lines. Eberon: Noir. Eberron: S&S, that kind of thing, each line covering a different sub-genre that fits into Eberron. I'd also love ot do some long form, monthly stories with Wren, really spread out the investgations. I'm finding that he and Torin work relly well in comics. It's been great fun.

Oh yeah, a monthly Abraxis Wren stories. I would be all in. Can we do something to help get things started (expect buying the IDW comics)?
Ho. Lee. Carp.

I am totally subscribing to these things *today*.

Paul, I really really enjoyed the Abraxis Wren books. Do whatever you have to to make a monthly series of Wren happen! I'll help hide the bodies if necessary.

You make such an awesome point about multiple Eberron lines. Thorn would DEFINATELY work as a comic book character.

And, of course, MORE EYE OF THE WOLF!

EDIT: Actually, why isn't WotC doing more to promote this? I haven't seen anything about this on the website and, hell, even Hellcow hadn't heard of it... straaange...
Planes Wanderer
It smells like Xoriat, feels like Xoriat.... The Old Ones coming to Eberron... a bunch of mad (pleonasm) daelkyrs, certainly... With many identities for each of them... and many, many tentacles, of course ;) (I hope so....)
And yes, more Eye of the Wolf, because that was a fun read.

PS: To Hellcow: Is there any rumors about new novels in Eberron? Because even if I enjoy the news about the comics, well... I'll definitly enjoy more the coming of a (many) new novel(s).

Oh yeah, a monthly Abraxis Wren stories. I would be all in. Can we do something to help get things started (expect buying the IDW comics)?

Hi Lars

Not really sure. I think buying the comics and (if you enjoy it) recommedning it to your friends would be the best thing to do. Thanks!

Paul
Ho. Lee. Carp.

I am totally subscribing to these things *today*.

Paul, I really really enjoyed the Abraxis Wren books. Do whatever you have to to make a monthly series of Wren happen! I'll help hide the bodies if necessary.

You make such an awesome point about multiple Eberron lines. Thorn would DEFINATELY work as a comic book character.

And, of course, MORE EYE OF THE WOLF!

EDIT: Actually, why isn't WotC doing more to promote this? I haven't seen anything about this on the website and, hell, even Hellcow hadn't heard of it... straaange...

AvonRekaes--

Thanks! I'd jump at the chance ot write a monthly Wren and Torin comic. I already have a bunch of notes and ideas. Only time will tell... :-)

Paul
Hey guys

Just a heads up to say the first Eberron comic is out today! For those of you who pick it up, I hope you enjoy it.

Best
Paul
Hi again

Last time, I promise. The first 6 pages of the comic are up at CBR, if anyone is interested.

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview...

best
Paul
I really enjoyed it. I just recently re-read Night of the Long Shadows, and then blasted through Taint of the Black Brigade, so I'm in a very Wreny mood as of late.

My only concern; What is the tie of the lovecraftian horrors to the setting? Are they presented as a Cult of the Dragon Below thing, tied to the Daelkyr, or as something completely separate? Will there maybe be Gatekeeper involvement? Or is that spoiler territory?

Also, you seem to like destroying Skyway. :P
Wel... it's just sort of sitting there. Full of annoying rich people. (Plus, having it so high in the air opens up really cool dramatic panels for the comic.) But I promise to leave it alone after this.

As to how the crossover is tied in. I did try to keep it separate, while at the same time trying to make sure it made sense as part of Infestations 2, (for those that are following that storyline). But I also needed it to make sense to those picking up the comic because of the setting and who perhaps hadn't aread the other comcis in the Infestations 2 arc. I hope it stands alone as well as contributing to the overall story. Cthuhlu was one of the early monsters in the first D&D monster manual, so I kinda felt like I could get away with it.
*gleeful cackle*

Ahhhh I love Wren. And Eberron. And the fact that Eberron supports pseudo-Victorian fashion, and thus, women in corsets.

I look forward to Thursday, when I make my trip to my FLGS, and procure this. 

57019168 wrote:
I picked these up a couple of weeks ago and finally got the chance to read them. The were AWESOME! All Eberron fans should purchase as much Eberron stuff as they can to help give the hint that we want more of it
My only concern; What is the tie of the lovecraftian horrors to the setting? Are they presented as a Cult of the Dragon Below thing, tied to the Daelkyr, or as something completely separate?

I'll just note that it's been stated before that the daelkyr aren't the most powerful inhabitants of Xoriat, they're just the ones that take the most interest in other worlds. So following the "there's a place for anything in Eberron", it's certainly plausible to add Lovecraftian horrors as inhabitants of Xoriat without giving them direct ties to the daelkyr.
I never really thought of that... Good point!