12/13/2011 SF: "This Is the Magic"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Bill: 2 Mountain, Forest, Llanowar Elves, Overrun, Stingerfling Spider, Stampeding Rhino

Erm, that's seven cards. Did you mess up, or did you deliberately use the multiplayer mulligan?

Bill: 2 Mountain, Forest, Llanowar Elves, Overrun, Stingerfling Spider, Stampeding Rhino

Erm, that's seven cards. Did you mess up, or did you deliberately use the multiplayer mulligan?

Yes, we took the "multiplayer" mulligan. Since it was his first game I was more interested in getting good play demonstrated rather than showing how punishing a mulligan could be. I did note that you draw one less card when you mulligan, and demonstrated it in the second when I needed to mulligan,
Adam Styborski Writer for Serious Fun Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/the_stybs
This article was really interesting and got me thinking about when I was taught how to play Magic. In '94/'95 my Uncle was playing with a local gaming group and he started going to early MTG tournies in the UK, I was 9 or 10 at the time so the detail are hazy but he started me with a Black deck that had Nightmare in. That's what started me off. I played with him and his cards for a long time before I bought my own deck.

Also the article has inspired me to try and give Magic as a Chrismas gift and I'm wracking my brains as to who I know that would show interest and might enjoy it.

Thanks very much for opening my memory and thoughts for the future in one go!!
Wurmcoil and Chandra, how lucky!

The Analytical Engine has no pretensions whatever to originate anything. It can do whatever we know how to order it to perform.

Adallace, I realized quickly Chandra was something to get but still trying to figure what else I got.

Scally thanks for the note!
Hey, how did you all get started, Adallace?  Keiyakans?

Yeh, the Mulligan was helpful.  Glad the game created a chance at a re-do.

Well, 3 of us now interested in playing way up in the Connecticut Hinterlands.  Off to buy booster packs.