Gnome Practical Jokes

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey. I'm going to be playing a Gnome Illusionist that has a habit of playing practical jokes on anyone and everyone (as is the gnome custom).

Though I need some help with the jokes i can play on people, including party members, prominent town-folk (e.g. mayors, etc), and just about everyone else.

I also need one epic practical joke to play on my rival, to get revenge on his joke which sent me to the other side of the world. This is the main goal of my character,  to develop his illusionist skills to develop the best joke he can to get revenge.
we need more infor on the character you are playing, class and level are starters as well as full power selection.  Personaly putting a handlebar mustache on the queens corrination is enough for me.
If someone in your party has a familiar set it on fire...it's not as cruell as it sounds familiars can't die
I'm an Arcanist Wizard, with Orb of Deception (Illusionist), Level 1. We start playing on wednesday.

I have the spells:
- Winged Horde
- Phantom Bolt
- Fade Away
- Grasping Shadows
- Horrid Whispers
- Sleep
- Ghost Sound
- Light
- Mage Hand
- Prestidigation 
oooooooh prestidgitation can be used for alot of fun stuff! You can even turn someones hat pink or make their hair smell like fecal matter, you can even change the taste of the meal that they're about to eat. Probably to something like horse urine or cowpies

Presidigitation to affect flavor + potions= fun

Presidigitation to make the BBEG monolouge on helium

Presidigitation to make the barbarian turn green when he rages

Presidigitation to make just about any warner brothers sight gag.

Presidigitation + disguise to convince evrybody he is one part of a identical twin.

and blaming pranks that go wrong on his brother.
Isn't there a 1001 uses for mage hand?

i think 900 of those are pranks of some sort. Although I did see a great one with light described somewhere.
THE OLD PHONY WANTED POSTER GAG? Kind of simple minded but posting a wanted poster that says " Wanted 1,000 CP reward for info leading to the arrest of Conan the Sheep-killer."  "This dangerous loony attacked the bloody hole mine with his pet sheep Buttercup. Buttercup was later found dead. Conan is heavily armed and looking for a new travelling companion,so lock up your sheep and do not approach this indiviual." Post this everywhere you can. Leave it tied from a string along a trail the party is travelling,the party wil spend 5-10 minutes retreiving and reading the message?

I will immediately report any Phishers or Lonely Hearts Scam Artists.

well there was a very extensive joke played recently... 
character gets knocked out for extended period of time. put them in tent with bodies in a corner and blood on walls, with holes in tent etc... use delicious strawberry flavored healing potion to speed up recovery of individual, and leave strawberry... ah... sheep intestine on the floor. shove a fish in character's crack.
exit stage left.
   as party strides into town, just completing their mission, accepting glories from the townsfolk..
       mage hand the barbarian's trousers down.

oh and as a personal comment...
      how can you call yourself a wizard without magic missile??       
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Pretend to tinker with saying.

Say "Oops."

Magic Missile really hasn't been that good since WOTC nerfed it a while back. It autohits, sure, but the damage is pretty pathetic. But that's not what this thread is about.

On topic, yeah, Prestidigitation is just ripe for harmless tricks to play on your friends. I'd imagine the character also has fun toying with his enemies, creating illusions and charms that cause whatever foe he faces look like a complete moron. 

Magic Missile really hasn't been that good since WOTC nerfed it a while back. It autohits, sure, but the damage is pretty pathetic. But that's not what this thread is about.

To be fair, Magic Missile wasn't particularly good before that, nor was it all that in 3e unless you tricked it out with feats, metamagic, and prestige classes.

So, to answer Akoo's question, 'very easily, thank you'.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
yes, i suppose you are both correct... im jsut a  bit of purist, i suppose ;)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
The Begone,Begonia scam. Write a letter detailing a plot to kill first level mages before they can gain in power. In the letter tell the mages to contact the pc who annoyed you and say the secret word " BEGONIA" when the mage thinks it is safe to do so. Use Gather Information to find out the names and addresses of every low level mage in town. Use Alter Self or Disguise to look like the Pc who sent you to the other side of world. Deliver a bundle of the Begonia letters to the mages. See if anyone gets paranoid? In real life this gag was played on the New Jersey mob and mr. Begonia was beaten for info. It only takes one paranoid mage( or a relative) to make this interesting.

The Nose,Knows. Why do gnomes poke their big noses into everything,? Whats the point of having a four pound nose if you're not going to poke it everywhere?
RIDDLE ME THIS,WHY DO GNOMES AND ORCS BELONG TOGETHER?
Because Gnomes are "Nosy" and Orcs are "Smelly",and what goes together better than a nose and a smell?
power?
Shouldn't you also speak to small burrowing mammal once per day?
GNOME PRIDE DAY
In order to recruit future accomplices consider throwing a banquet for every gnome in town. This could cost about 3 GP per gnome. Have a nose measuring contest. Post a bulletin that an apparition is going to appear in the town square. Create an illusion of a giant gnomish nose accompanied by a voice repeating the gnomish saying , "THE NOSE KNOWS!".
Buy a piece of chalk and "tag" areas with a gnomish nose and the phrase "THE NOSE,KNOWS!,risky in a dungeon occupied by goblins or kobolds.

Two words: Eternal Chalk.

Whether it succedes or fails I would try to get 10 Xp for every GP I spent on a prank or joke,they do absorb quite a bit of effort to roleplay and don't you deserve something for the extra effort?
ARE YOU PONDERING WHAT I'M PONDERING?
I would consider multiclassing into Bard. +6HP, 24-36 skill points and a feat. If you make the feat Toughness you could get a 10 or 12 HP bump,as  opposed to the 2.5 + CON bonus from going up as an Illusionist. If you make the feat Skill Focus you could choose between Knowledge ;Arcana or whatever Perform skill that allows you to Countersong.

Whether it succedes or fails I would try to get 10 Xp for every GP I spent on a prank or joke,they do absorb quite a bit of effort to roleplay and don't you deserve something for the extra effort?
ARE YOU PONDERING WHAT I'M PONDERING?
I would consider multiclassing into Bard. +6HP, 24-36 skill points and a feat. If you make the feat Toughness you could get a 10 or 12 HP bump,as  opposed to the 2.5 + CON bonus from going up as an Illusionist. If you make the feat Skill Focus you could choose between Knowledge ;Arcana or whatever Perform skill that allows you to Countersong.

You do realize that this is a 4e board, right?
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Create a bubble of stench around the character's head, where they can still breathe, but the smell of farts and rotten eggs is unbearable.