YMtC Alliances: A Bloodbath Ensues

272 posts / 0 new
Last post
58335208 wrote:
As promised, the rules are up here, and sign-ups will last for one week.

Rules
The game is divided into 2 phases -- Design Phase and Grade Phase. During the Grade Phase, players must vote on who they want to eliminate, a majority of votes is required for elimination. During this phase, abilities are also used. Simply send in your target to me, and then, during the design phase, the effect will take place.

Each design phase has a criteria, and the winner gets an reward, with the loser suffering a penalty. All others neither win nor lose the card round. The penalties are predetermined but a random one is given each round(the same occurs with the rewards).

Each player is given an Identity, which affects gameplay. All players must sign-up and determine their "friend". Each player also gains an enemy of my choice, and it cannot be the same one as their friend. Players my communicate ONLY with their friend at anytime outside of the thread.
The objective is to eliminate all of your enemies while protecting your friends. You cannot win if one of your enemies is alive, and it becomes much harder to win when your friend is gone. Each person wins with their friends.

That is all of the rules necessary in order to play the game. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Have at it!

New rules: YOU MAY NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. YOU MAY NOT ALSO QUOTE ANYTHING I SAY TO YOU.

Players
altimis
ulyth
Condor
Echo_Robin
FiveMinuteCatNap
eddned
Harlie
Fakeartist
KrosanPeacekeeper
Gesepp
Fistarnius
metalevolence
Monoredburn
theatog
PerriwinkleSky 
ChaosLight

Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
During the voting for elimination, I will not be requiring the bolding of votes, or the coloring, but it will help prevent any mistakes on my part.

The contestants line up in a row, each one holding hands with another. They all have masks on, brandishing telekinetic weapons. They hear the gong and they charge, yelling at each other and swinging their weapons like madmen. They do not know what they have to do, but they know how to do it. A low rumbling laughter wafts over their heads, like the cackle of a madman.

You have all woken up in a room with no escape. You do not know how you got there or what you are supposed to do. Each of you has a mask that you cannot remove until death, and you each have a weapon. This mask alters your eyesight, leaving you unable to see what weapon you have, and only letting you identify who your friend is. Everyone else looks the same.

The following weapons are in the game:

Cudgel
Teddy Bear
Tutu
Katana
Longbow
Cleaver
Stick
Pike
Flail
Shotgun
Poison Darts
Syringe
Brass Knuckles
Kite Shield
Whip
Milk Carton

You all have 4 days to make a card for this criteria. Following that will be 3 days for voting and abilities, then 1 day of modstuff. Good luck.

Criteria: Make a modal card. That is all.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
What the hell have we gotten ourselves into?
Ymtc: Idol Round 3
57681748 wrote:
Assassination Plot Sorcery Conspire Target player who asked too many questions this turn sacrifices a creature. (Too many is one more than the number of spells cast.) "Now where do we put the bo-" Ramses Overdark, last words
56287226 wrote:
Awesome wording here, and the addition of conspire is inspired. Very nice.
Are we making the weapons into cards, or are we making a card to represent the situation?
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
Are we making the weapons into cards, or are we making a card to represent the situation?

The Weapons have nothing to do with the criteria. They may or may not have mechanical significance, and they provide a topic of discussion when deciding who you guys want to eliminate.

All you have to do is make a card that fits the criteria. 
Cabalic Command
Sorcery
Choose two- Return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield; or target opponent loses 5 life and you gain 5 life; or target opponent sacrifices two creatures; or search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then lose 2 life.
The Cabal demands many sacrifices.
Tactical Teleport
Instant
Choose one — Target creature is unblockable this turn; or remove target creature from combat.
IMAGE(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1374/linkaraemrakul.png)
Biocatalyst
Trible Instant - Wizard
Until end of turn, spells you control cost up to one mana less to cast for each tapped creature you control.
Choose one - Convoke; or Prowl (You may cast this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Wizard.)
"Have severe mixed feeling about this. But i like it weird." - Arcane laboratorist

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Cannot remove until death. But we can't remove them after death because we're dead! :P

Card to come in sometime soonish. 
[spoiler Quotes] You have a rather disgusting amount of ramp sir. Could I interest you in a Genesis Wave? - Flyheight Can't really go wrong with a deck that has the 2 cards recently banned in both standard and modern. - JaxsonBateman Infinite Analysis Sorcery ~ is blue. Cycling Madness Buyback - EchoRobin You'd better believe him. He's Bomberman. - Steinhauser [/sblock]
I sure hope I have the milk carton. My sanity will last just that much longer than you guys'. But because I can't see what I have I'll hold off on trying to drink anything lest I actually have a flail.

<.<
>.>

Or maybe my sanity is already gone... 8^.

Card to come when I can determine my sanity.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.

My card:

Mishako, The Ruthless One 

Legendary Creature - Spirit

Haste, deathtouch

When ~ enters the battlefield, ~ deals 3 damage to target player and you may destroy target creature

5/5

He blazes a path of hate

those personality things
I am White/Black

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
Last Testament -- :W::W::W:
Instant (R)

Choose one - Search your library for a creature card with the same name as a creature that died this turn, then put it onto the battlefield; or you gain 12 life.

Shuffle your library.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.

What is a modal card?

Hey Everyone, if you have a few minutes I'd like to point you to two links that you might find interesting. The first is a plane of my own creation that is still in the works. I am always happy for some assistance in working on it.

The second is a link to the oldest continuously running contest in the You Make the Card forum. It is truly a contest like no other. It is faithfully run by a handful of regulars who are always kind and open to any new comers, please drop by and check it out if you're interested in making cards!

What is a modal card?

Spells with choices. Entwine, charms, commands, etc.
To be or Not to be
Instant
Choose one - Target creature is indestructible until the end of turn; or Target creature dies.
That is the question.

Hey Everyone, if you have a few minutes I'd like to point you to two links that you might find interesting. The first is a plane of my own creation that is still in the works. I am always happy for some assistance in working on it.

The second is a link to the oldest continuously running contest in the You Make the Card forum. It is truly a contest like no other. It is faithfully run by a handful of regulars who are always kind and open to any new comers, please drop by and check it out if you're interested in making cards!

Knowledge Choice
Sorcery
Choose one: lose 5 life and draw two cards or discard two cards and gain 9 life. 
[*c]Island[*/c] minus the * = Island Really. You need to know this.
Also
We are the Izzet Some think we are scattered after the disappearance of Niv-Mizzet He is connected to us by the firemind He has formulated a master plan Before, we were just experimenters, looked down upon Now we have a greater purpose This bit is random And so is this Yeah
Flippant Disdain
Instant
Choose one—Copy target instant or sorcery spell and you may choose new targets for the copy; or counter target instant or sorcery spell.
Entwine
"You must be so embarrassed."  
What is this?

Where am I?

What have you done Febb?!!?

Gift of Unlife |
Instant
Choose one -- Target creature you control becomes a Vampire in addition to its other types; or regenerate a Vampire you control.
Entwine (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
Don't fear my child, I would never let any harm befall you.
Flameflash 
Instant
When you cast ~, choose one: ~ gains wither; or copy ~.
~ deals 1 damage to each creature.
"Burn the bodies. Salt the land. Rinse and repeat." 
[spoiler Quotes] You have a rather disgusting amount of ramp sir. Could I interest you in a Genesis Wave? - Flyheight Can't really go wrong with a deck that has the 2 cards recently banned in both standard and modern. - JaxsonBateman Infinite Analysis Sorcery ~ is blue. Cycling Madness Buyback - EchoRobin You'd better believe him. He's Bomberman. - Steinhauser [/sblock]
Agh! I meant or you may destroy target creature!
those personality things
I am White/Black

quotes
56778328 wrote:
Feed the Flames |
Instant
Choose one - The next time an instant or sorcery source you control would deal damage to a creature or player this turn, it deals that much damage plus 2 to that creature or player instead; or ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
Flashback--, Discard a card.
Mindshaper Invocation m
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent casts a spell for the second time in a turn, choose one - you draw a card; or target player discards a card. 
Everyone lose ease of their mind. 
Agh! I meant or you may destroy target creature!

The may ability is, and of itself, a choice.

Really? Yay! Cause when febb said "modal", I thought febb had just mispelled "model"
those personality things
I am White/Black

quotes
56778328 wrote:
New card, as the old one isn't fitting the criteria:

Evil Command

Sorcery [R]

Choose Two- You may destroy target non-black creature; or you may have target player lose 4 life; or you may put two 1/1 black shade creatures with, " : this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn onto the battlefield"; or you may search your library for a creature or istant card

A command as cruel as the one who orders it
those personality things
I am White/Black

quotes
56778328 wrote:
Yo, what happens if I edit this post, then quote it?
Biocatalyst
Trible Instant - Wizard
Until end of turn, spells you control cost up to one mana less to cast for each tapped creature you control.
Choose one - Convoke; or Prowl (You may cast this for its prowl cost if you dealt combat damage to a player this turn with a Wizard.)
"Have severe mixed feeling about this. But i like it weird." - Arcane laboratorist

Fix the flavor text and some typo.

Biocatalyst

Tribal Instant - Wizard
Choose one - Convoke; or Prowl
It makes no difference when their hard work pays off whether they are at a field research or doing paper works.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Revitalize
Instant
Choose one - Regenerate target creature; or target creature gets +4/+4 until the end of the turn; or target player gains 6 life. 
There has never been anything here...now there is.

Evil Command

Sorcery [R]

Choose Two- You may destroy target non-black creature; or you may have target player lose 4 life; or you may put two 1/1 black shade creatures with, " : this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn onto the battlefield"; or you may search your library for a creature or istant card

Biocatalyst
Trible Instant - Wizard

Biocatalyst

Tribal Instant - Wizard
It makes no difference when their hard work pays off whether they are at a field research or doing paper works.

When he said "no editing posts," doesn't that also extend to changing the cards too? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Evil Command

Sorcery [R]

Biocatalyst
Trible Instant - Wizard

Biocatalyst

Tribal Instant - Wizard

When he said "no editing posts," doesn't that also extend to changing the cards too? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

You may change your card, but you cannot edit posts. I grade the newest entry, rather than the original entry. simply making a new post allows you to submit a new card.
Cinderpoint
Creature - Elemental
Flash
When Cinderpoint enters the battlefield, choose one - Cinderpoint deals 1 damage to each creature; or Cinderpoint deals 3 damage to target player.
Ashes, ashes; you all fall down!
3/1
Ymtc: Idol Round 3
57681748 wrote:
Assassination Plot Sorcery Conspire Target player who asked too many questions this turn sacrifices a creature. (Too many is one more than the number of spells cast.) "Now where do we put the bo-" Ramses Overdark, last words
56287226 wrote:
Awesome wording here, and the addition of conspire is inspired. Very nice.
Metamorphosis Command
Sorcery
Choose two - Turn each nontoken creature face down; Or transform each creature you control; or turn each facedown creature face up; or Target creature's controler sacrfices it. That player may search their library for a creature card and put it onto the battlefield.
Just a few more hours until the reward and penalty are given out.
Shambling Bones
Creature - Skeleton
If Shambling Bones would be destroyed, choose one: Regenerate Shambling Bones; or target creature gets -1/-1 until the end of turn.
0/1 
I think I'll close it now, seeing as it has been 4 days.

Grades up in a couple of minutes, as usual no comments unless you ask for them. Once grades are up, the Grading Phase begins and everyone has 3 days to discuss anything, make cases for voting for certain players, AND send in their ability targets to me(if any). I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING PAST DEADLINE. Abilities are applied AFTER the grading phse during the modstuff period.

You all stink of life, so go take a blood bath please. 
Grades
FiveMinuteCatNap - 7/10
Fistarnius - 8/10
theatog - 9/10
Monoredburn - 6/10
altimis - 8/10
Fakeartist - 7/10
eddned - 6/10
metalevolence - 9/10
Harlie - 8/10
Condor - 9/10
Echo_Robin - 7/10
KrosanPeacekeeper - 7/10
PWS - 7/10
Gesepp - 7/10
ChaosLight - 7/10
ulyth - 9/10

The winner is...metalevolence!

The loser is...Monoredburn!

metalevolence will be PM'd his reward.

The next person to post, aside from febbstalicious42 will be my enemy, that I might slay thee to the ground with my Milk Carton of Master Creativity +5, or my Flail of Failure -2, I can't tell which.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
The subjects gather around in a circle, as per the Master's directions. They wait in silence and apprehension for their next commands. When the static of the intercom finally fades they perk up. Two simple sentences are emitted. Metalevolence you were the best subject, I will have further discussions with you via your mask. Monoredburn you were the worst subject, and thus you will be punished, but only lightly.
The static resumes and suddenly everyone can see the weapon that Monoredburn holds in his hand. It is the
Milk Carton.

GAH! I'm going to die of thirst like everyone else now!

Monored... please... I'll do anything to have the Milk Carton. I'll give you my ______ weapon for the milk carton in return for un-enemyness. That's the best I can do right now.

Also, comments please?
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Why did I lose, me and eddned tied? Also, yeah, I'll trade the milk if you don't vote me off
those personality things
I am White/Black

quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did I lose, me and eddned tied? Also, yeah, I'll trade the milk if you don't vote me off

Secret modstuff. When there is a tie, the cards become ranked in the order of "how much I like them". I liked eddned's card beter, even though the scoring system gave you the same score.

Think of it this way: Each number for the card scores represents a range of actual value. To make it simpler, I use integers, rather than "theatog got a 9.123412346781283678491623481234" and "metalevolence got a 9.21237461783456129837465981345". Of course, the numbers do not have that many decimals(only two or three), but it still makes it easier.
Sign In to post comments