morris recon/pzII ausf f (card date) & support unit question

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Q1.) On the Morris reconnaissance car Mk 2 the original date on the North Africa card was 1942. In the revision cards it was changed to 1943. The Early War card has it back to 1942. It's not on the update PDF so I was wondering - What is the correct date?

Q2.) Re: Support units
I think it is only the leadership SA's that are lost when a commander is disrupted, all others are usable correct? Specifically: If a support unit is disrupted - are the SA's still applicable?

Thanks...........

edit: just found another - PzII ausf F
Eastern front has the date at 1940, maintained with the revised cards changing cost - the Early war card is 1941, should that be 1940?
IMAGE(http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/ltripler/501vs76th-1.jpg)
1. From what I can find (mainly here and here; there's not a lot in print about this vehicle), the Morris Mk 2 wasn't available until 1943. The differences between it and the Mk 1, however, seem to be rather inconsequential in AAM terms, so there's little reason why you couldn't use the vehicle from '42 on as both the Mk 1 and the Mk 2. Officially, however, it should be 1943.

2. Only commander abilities are lost when a commander is disrupted, unless noted otherwise on the stat card (no exceptions come to mind).

3. Most sources I've checked agree that the PzII F should be 1941. Only Bradford puts it in 1940--probably because that's when it was prototyped and scheduled for production, but delays pushed it to '41.

Steve

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

The IIF was produced mostly in 1940 (90 of 155 total). But late 1940 there were no real campaigns, so 1941 is the better date if you go by combat usage.
...,... and Rock'n Roll - but Minis are fun too...

2. Only commander abilities are lost when a commander is disrupted, unless noted otherwise on the stat card (no exceptions come to mind).

Steve, what about the SS-Haupsturmfuhrer? Would he not flip his own disruption and then be able to flip the disruptions of the soldiers around him? Or because he is disrupted he can't flip his own?

Ober

The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
The Hamsterführer ignores Face up Disruptions (Fanatic). This is a norman and not a commander ability, so it will function normally (even if "disrupted"). - Basically you can remove the FAcce up Disruption at the start of the turn. So it is not Disrupted and can "Exert" his will on any eligible unit...
...,... and Rock'n Roll - but Minis are fun too...
If I recall correctly, Fanatic has the same wording as the Hero ability to ignore disruption counters.  That now helps me remember how to use the SS-Haup's ability, it may or may not be useful to others.
Viva la Resistance! Proud Member of Axis & Allies Underground
3. Most sources I've checked agree that the PzII F should be 1941. Only Bradford puts it in 1940--probably because that's when it was prototyped and scheduled for production, but delays pushed it to '41.

Steve

Thanks Steve - but just for clarity - on question 3 here - It sounds like it should be 41 thus the more correct year on the early war card, but,  - is there an official year since there are two identical cards that do not agree?Or is that up in the air for now?

And thanks for this answer too - in advance.....
I'm sorry to say that, like Rich, I no longer work at Wizards of the Coast, so it's not my place to give an official answer on anything. If I could, the answer I'd give is 1941 ... but officially, the question remains up in the air.

Steve 

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

Thanks for the follow up there - Steve. I'll go with 1941.

In addition - I'l  keep this simple as it is the Q&A section - but THANKS for all the help over the years, and my sincere regrets for you and the others there in this situation.