Will AAE40 be reprinted in 2012

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
When will Axis & Allies Europe 1940 be reprinted?  I knew it was coming out this past year and assumed I could pick it up for xmas, only to find it's been out of print for some time and is the most rare and expensive version of the game right now.

I have a friend with AAP40, and we're ready to take it to the next level.  Can you give me some hope that I won't have to drop $400 to play this game in the coming year?

Thanks,
Chuck
Welcome, Excellency_uk!

Don't despair!  AAE40 (and AAP40) will indeed be reprinted next year, with new and improved rules.
OK! But If I have A&AG40 and a copy of the A3+ rules already whats in it for me? Palstic #IC's? Plastic AA and AB, NB? Sell me!
If you want to keep playing with the games you have with the new rules, you will certainly be able to do that by simply downloading the new rulebooks.  However, there will be a lot of goodies in the second editions that may entice you to purchase them anyway.  I can't say much more than that right now, so stay tuned for product announcements as the release time grows near.
This is great to hear, but do you have any further information? We are getting in to 2012 and I've still not read/heard anything other than this forum post...
No, I don't have anything further at this time.  The release is still scheduled for this year, but I don't think there's a definite date yet.
No, I don't have anything further at this time.  The release is still scheduled for this year, but I don't think there's a definite date yet.

Well thanks for getting back any way. I'm sure we're all dying to hear about it.  I wouldn't be so impatient if it was actually possible to buy the pair of 1940 games!

Too much marketing can kill the magic. The least they should do is make an official announcement about their intentions and the potential timing if any. This is what I believe as treating your clients fairly. I believe there is no decision yet. I am sorry I am not persuaded that there is a plan to reprint. Those saying so used to say it would happen in February. Then they were saying first half of 2012. Now they say just 2012. Hope they are right, but it may be just wishful thinking.
Are there any updates on the reprints?

I'm really interested in both 1940's games, but the current prizes on amazon and ebay are very very crazy :/

I've heard about the New 1941 version and about the 2nd Edition of 1942, but I haven't heard anything about a reprint of the 1940's.  Will this be happening or is this being kept under wraps until the release of those two games?