To the DMs of Last Season: Who did not get thier Reward Mod

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
I ran Neverwinter all last season. There was some issues with reporting mods in the beginning, that did get fixed, however all 3 GMs did not get their name put down for the reward mod. Our store has been trying to contact the WoTC representative, but no luck. I mean we all had the mods so we must have been registered or they would not have sent us Neverwinter in the first place, but it stinks to have put all the time and never gotten anything for it.
Who knows? I've been running since the third week of Keep of the Borderlands but I also DID NOT receive the Lost Caverns adventure. I am angry also but it is what it is. I am just looking for Wizards to put some money into the next Encounters and change out the same pregens. Heck, give them the feats, themes, classes and races that are being introduced in the new books. They are becoming quite the bore for my players who don't make their own characters.
It seemed that it was only the first few sessions which counted toward getting the reward adventure. If they were not reported at that point in time, it is likely the DMs were not inputted for the distribution. I have often thought of scanning the booklet so those who missed out. Then again, one could always check the original adventure, C1, and make their own modification.
Sior is on the right track here.  WotC had to have a cutoff of when to determine how many modules they needed etc.  If your store was not reporting the modules prior to that cutoff then no one at your store would receive a reward.

The Wizards Event Reporter is not that difficult to use and in most cases you can report the games while they are being played etc.  Get everyones name and DCI number and give it to the person reporting the event and have them do it while you are playing.
I DM'ed and blogged about every season of encounters up through 6, and I didn't get the module either.  Since then, my Game store moved to a new loation and I am out of luck and have no recourse.  WHy can't the Wizards deal with the DMs directly? And to whomever said the DCI site is easy to use - bolLocks!
Wielding a Bohemian Ear Spoon can be fun and informative.
I DM'ed and blogged about every season of encounters up through 6, and I didn't get the module either.  Since then, my Game store moved to a new loation and I am out of luck and have no recourse.  WHy can't the Wizards deal with the DMs directly? And to whomever said the DCI site is easy to use - bolLocks!

Sounds like you may have been at my location, and I can at least confirm it is not just an individual problem since I have seen nothing either.
A big problem with DCI, I've found, is that most people don't ever activate their account. Sure, the reporter can register the number provided to the player, and it goes into the DCI database, but if that player never goes to the provided website (www.thedci.com/activate), enters the scratch off code on the provided sheet, and sets the email, etc - they aren't actually registered. Most players, DMs, and even a number of organizers never care about the second step. If your account isn't activated - you can't get rewards.

And most people will come in here claiming that they're registered. My response is typically one of disbelief - if you can't get your account info by providing your email at thedci.com then you're not activated. Hope that helps some people realize what happened and fixes it for the future.

Personally, I've set this three week block for making absolutely sure people are registered and activated by doing it at the shop before and after the game until I can personally confirm they are all registered.
A big problem with DCI, I've found, is that most people don't ever activate their account. Sure, the reporter can register the number provided to the player, and it goes into the DCI database, but if that player never goes to the provided website (www.thedci.com/activate), enters the scratch off code on the provided sheet, and sets the email, etc - they aren't actually registered. Most players, DMs, and even a number of organizers never care about the second step. If your account isn't activated - you can't get rewards.

And most people will come in here claiming that they're registered. My response is typically one of disbelief - if you can't get your account info by providing your email at thedci.com then you're not activated. Hope that helps some people realize what happened and fixes it for the future.

Personally, I've set this three week block for making absolutely sure people are registered and activated by doing it at the shop before and after the game until I can personally confirm they are all registered.

Suppose that scenario's chalked up to user error. You know, for all the people who come in and fill out the DCI form, I wonder who actually go through and punch it in online.

Not the problem in my case at least.  The site confirms me as an active member of the rewards program.
    Not the problem in my case at least.  The site confirms me as an active member of the rewards program.

The sad thing is there IS not rewards program. It all boils down to who's reported via DCI numbers for the games.

The sad thing is there IS not rewards program. It all boils down to who's reported via DCI numbers for the games.

Yeah unfortunately the Player and DM Rewards program died awhile back.

With the Encounters program you are relying on the fact that your Organizer knows what they are doing when it comes to reporting etc. And you are relying on your FLGS not taking the stuff and selling it on Ebay as some have done for several seasons now.

WITH activated accounts.
Sign In to post comments