Immediate Reaction to enemy movement?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm looking at two very similar utility powers:

Prescient Maneuver (Insight Utility 6): Enc, Imm Int. An enemy within 5 moves willingly: You shift half your speed.

Go with the Flow (Gladiator Utility 2): Enc, Imm React. An enemy within 5 moves willingly: You shift half your speed and gain CA.

What are the limitations on this immediate reaction, compared to the interrupt version? Can I react to a particular square of movement, or just the whole move? Can I react to the movement of a charge, before the attack? Etc?
The only difference between an Immediate Interrupt and an Immediate Reaction to an enemy moving is that the Interrupt will be able to Trigger before any square is moved, or left to enter another square, while a Reaction will Interrupt in a similarly fashion but only after at least the first square is moved completly. Another difference is where the moving creature will be when the Power Trigger. An Interrupt will have the creature still in the square it is leaving, while a reaction will have the creature in the square is enter.

You can react to any instance of movement, which means any instance where a square is left to enter another.

You can possibly Interrupt a Charge with both Powers.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

The only difference between an Immediate Interrupt and an Immediate Reaction to an enemy moving is that the Interrupt will be able to Trigger before any square is moved, or left to enter another square, while a Reaction will Interrupt in a similarly fashion but only after at least the first square is moved completly. Another difference is where the moving creature will be when the Power Trigger. An Interrupt will have the creature still in the square it is leaving, while a reaction will have the creature in the square is enter.

You can react to any instance of movement, which means any instance where a square is left to enter another.

You can possibly Interrupt a Charge with both Powers.

But a charge is a single action(standard). Can you react "in mid" of the action?(Move and attack)
You can react to individual squares of movement and individual attacks within an action, yes.  Your reaction resolves after the square or the attack respectively, and then the remainder of the action resumes.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition