Discipline Priest (Cleric)

1 post / 0 new
I like having little side-projects. Here's one just for the ****'s n' giggles. I was going to do this just in my computer, but I'm so used to homebrewing with you guys that I couldn't do it. Doing all this on a word file was just... wrong...

Realize that this is for fun, and I'm probably never going to use it. I just like converting stuff from other sources to dnd 4e.

This is a cleric supclass based on the World of Warcraft's Discipline Priest. It has some of the same features and attacks with the same names, but the main goal is to have the fundementals the same, and the experience playing it the same as playing it in WoW.

The Discipline Priest:

Class Traits:

Role: Leader. You lead by healing and shielding allies with your prayers, and by drawing on divine power to improve your allies’ attacks. Discipline Priests lean toward striker as a secondary role, since many of their offensive powers also improve in their bolstering abilities. 
Power Source: Divine, Shadow
Key Abilities: Wisdom; Charisma

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, simple ranged.
Implement: Holy symbols
Bonus to Defense: +2 Will.

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12+ Constitution Score.
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges per Day: 7+ Constitution Modifier.

Trained Skills: Religion. From the class skills list below, choose 3 more trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Arcana (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), History (Int), Insight (Wis), Religion (Int).

Class features: Inner Fire, Power Word: Shield, Evengelism, Ritual Casting, Channel Divinity, Shadow Soul

At-Will Powers:
Smite, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Pain, Holy Fire

Encounter Powers:
Mind Sear, Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Death, Holy Nova, Penance

Daily Powers:
Shadowfiend

Inner Fire:
You gain a +3 bonus to AC when wearing cloth or no armor. 

Evengelism:
When you successfully hit with an attack with the radiant keyword, the target of your Power Word: Shield gains temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier. (or some other to make offensive tactics worth utilizing)

Power Word: Shield:
An aura of holy light surrounds your ally, protecting him from harm
At-will · Implement, Radiant
Minor Action         Close burst 10
Target: One ally in burst
Effect: The target gains resist to all damage equal to your half your Charisma modifier until the end of your next turn. Any creature can only benefit from a single Power Word at a time.
Special: You can only use this power once per turn.

Shadow Soul:
Based on the Berserker's Fury. Something that can be triggered while bloodied that removes evengelism but allowes the priest to deal a lot of extra damage with his necrotic attacks.

Smite is basically a ranged basic attack with the radiant keyword, holy fire gives maybe a penalty to defenses etc. It's ally pretty straightforward. I'm gonna have to come up with a lot of new stuff to get the feeling of playing a discipline priest.

Remember, this is just for the heck of it, so don't rip it a new one, ok?

Me figuring out what the powers do:

Smite: Basic Ranged attack
Holy Fire: penalty to defenses
Shadow Word: Pain; little damage, but gives vulnerability and CA.
Mind Blast: Striker-damage.

Penance: Can be used to deal striker-damage or heal an ally, but not both
Holy Nova: Area burst 1 within 10 attack. Enemies take CHA mod damage, allies gain +1 to hit/CHA mod THP/HP. Does not give evengelism.
Shadow Word: Death; Pain's bigger, badder brother.
Devouring Plague: ???

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Look at my Playable Illithid, my Monster Generating excel file , my Lifestealer in progresss (Heroic tier almost complete!) , our Improved Orc, our Improving Kenku and our Improving Duergar
Also, take a look at my friend's Improved Minotaur, Gadren's amazing Arcane Archer and of course the Avatar Project
More links! Qube's Block Builder, Classless D&D and the characters I've created using the classless system.