Need helping remembering the name of a scenario

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need help recalling the scenario name of a place that I only have vague details about sorry. It is a large place built into the side of a mountain, in the opening hall there are two large mouths that appear and scream at you. In the main entrance there are a group of dead bodies on the ground. Somewhere in the area is a room with a bunch of pools with different things in each. There is a library with a chained ogre inside with the letters R and Z on the ground (the letters of the first names of the two orignal owners of the place). I believe there was a dragon downstairs. I'm afraid that is all I can remember about it, if anyone could help me with the name of the place I would really appreciate it.
All of this rang a vague bell, especially the pools, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. So I floated the question past a random group of R&D folk who happened to be nearby, and Mike Mearls was the first to chime up with B1, In Search of the Unknown, from 1979. The area is the Caverns of Quasqueton, and "R" and "Z" are Rogahn the Fearless and Zelligar the Unknown. The chained ogre must have been added by the DM.

What do we win?

Steve

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.