Death touch deck.

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok. So I love the death touch ability, and I want to make a green black deck with creatures whom all have death touch. I don't have a lot of money though. To help, I have 4 ambush vipers and a few typhoid rats. Can someone help me out?
-Quotes from The Rebellion of the Four players- alright, first round and our leader crited on our defender. Go team. Those were, in order, my facial expressions after reading Talis's move.-Dark9174 after A slick move by the enemy swordmage (I apologize ahead of time, guys. I hit the only PC I was almost certain I'd miss. I shall join Grunn in the "I've critted on my teammate" corner of shame, now.)- TheDracon
Deadly Recluse and Thornweald Archer would give you some defense against flyers. Bigger deathtouchers like Greater Basilisk could be given Lure effects for what would essentially result in a one sided board wipe. Trollhide and other means to regenerate a deathtoucher. Viridian Longbow makes for deadly snipers. Giving them first strike would also be nasty. And a big deathtouching trampler would be considered unfair by some people. Acidic Slime provides an answer to artifacts, enchantments and even lands. Pestilent Kathari is a flying deathtoucher, and if you manage to splash red for his ability, a really good defense.
:G::B: is a good colour for "Deathtouch", mainly because it gives you access to Gift Of The Deity. In that vein, consider running creatures like Hag Hedge-Mage, WoodLurker Mimic and possibly RendClaw Trow

Also remember that the "Fight" mechanic (Prey Upon) interacts very nicely with "DeathTouch".

You should consider running something like Lord Of Extinction, or Mortivore, to take advantage of those creatures in the graveyard.

Glissa, The Traitor is another card with "DeathTouch", and she works well in conjunction with Executioner's Capsule.

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Just use Beastmaster's Magemark + Lure. Then you don't need anything else.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Ok how about this.

Creatures-
4xAmbush Viper
4xTyphoid Rats
1xGrave Titan
2xSplinterfright
2xMortivore
3xAcidic Slime
3xPestilent Kathari
2xGreater Basalisk
2xHag Hedge-Mage
1xGlissa, the Traitor

Others-
4xPrey Upon
2xExecutioner's Capsule
2xLure
2xTrollhide
2xGift of the Deity

Idk how to divide up the mana though. But how does that look?
-Quotes from The Rebellion of the Four players- alright, first round and our leader crited on our defender. Go team. Those were, in order, my facial expressions after reading Talis's move.-Dark9174 after A slick move by the enemy swordmage (I apologize ahead of time, guys. I hit the only PC I was almost certain I'd miss. I shall join Grunn in the "I've critted on my teammate" corner of shame, now.)- TheDracon
turntimber basilisk would be dirty. hedge-mage seems silly and im not sure how it fits at all, other than being in color. 

it looks like a lot of things are going to be dying here.  it might be fun to include things that care about when things die -> falkenrath noble lumberknot
sadistic glee or blade of the bloodchief might also be useful.

it might be worth splashing that little bit of red for more things that give first strike - incite war savage offensive

also death-bringer thoctar and kresh, the bloodbraided
I tried to look at Kresh but it says it doesn't exist. Would you recommend taking the hedge hag out and replacing it with Turntimber Basalisk?
And also, I prefer two color or mono color decks. I tried a three color and it didn't work any time I played it.
Kresh the Bloodbraided

There you go. 
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Cool. Thanks. How should I divide the lands up if I go with what I have now?
let's see...24 creatures, 12 non-creatures, so 24 lands.  Nice ratio there.
31 green symbols
20 black symbols
So I'd split the lands 9 swamp, 15 forest

If you can get duals you can start eating into your basics count (I'd replace evenly, +4 duals, -2 swamps, -2 forests)  As the very first multi I'd actually nab Savage Lands so you can pay the cost on pestilent kathari's activated ability to give it first strike.  Savage Lands tend to go for ~$2.50 each.

Creatures (24)
1-4
2-4
3-8
4-2
5-5
6-1

Non-Creatures (12)
1-6
2-0
3-4
4-0
5-2
6-0

Nice curve too.

G/B duals (warning: some of these are expensive):
Savage Lands
Tainted Wood
Golgari Rot Farm
Overgrown Tomb
Woodland Cemetary
Twilight Mire
Darigaaz's Caldera
Llanowar Wastes

G/B Fetch:
Verdant Catacombs

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

May I suggest Asceticism?
Thanks guys for the flow of suggestions, and of you have any more, keep me flowing, as I haven't gotten the cards yet.
Well, if you don't care about Standard, I could suggest the following three-card combo:

Vampire Nighthawk + Thornbite Staff + Blade of the Bloodchief

The combo works like this:

Play the Staff on turn 2.
Play the Nighthawk on turn 3. Auto-equip him with the staff. (He's a shaman.)
Play the Blade on turn 4 and equip the Nighthawk with it.
As long as you have the mana, Tim your opponents' creatures like mad, getting two +1/+1 counters every time.

For Extended, just remove the Staff. It's not the game-winning bomb it is with the staff, but in the waning days of M11-ZEN-WWK-ROE, it killed more than one of my opponents, including annoying the hell out of them when their Inkmoth Nexus had ZOMG NO EFFECT!...other than giving the Nighthawk +1/+1.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Pretty savage I run that Nighthawk combo it's savage. But Nirkana Cutthroat is a really good card, a Lil expensive but once it's a level 3 it's first strike deathtouch. You can also add on eventually some pump up cards including Virulent Swipe, some Giant growths, Overrun, or major damage by using Overwhelming Stampede.