Whats your fancy?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
This is a just for fun thread on the subject of building German Panzer Platoons. I will list a bunch of platoons that cost roughly the same as a Tiger I and you choose the one you would most like to play. You will still have the option of choosing the Tiger I if you wish.

Platoon 1:
(1) Pz IV, G Early [22pts]
(1) Marder III, M [17 pts] speed = 1 when disrupted
(1) Bren 731e [12pts]

Platoon 2:
(1) Panther, A [37pts]
(1) Elite Pz IV, D [18pts] Crack shot

Platoon 3:
(1) SS-Pz IV, F2 [27 pts] Moves while disrupted
(1) Pz III L Veteran [19pts]
(1) Panzerjager I [9pts]

Platoon: 4
(1) Elite Stug G [27pts]
(1) Stug III G [19pts]
(1) Panzersparwagen P204(f) [10pts]

Platoon: 5
(1) Tiger [56pts]

please post your fancy and why it would work for you.

The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
Platoon 3 for me.

Steve

If your only tool is a warhammer, every problem looks like a gnoll.

I'm in for Plt 4.
Viva la Resistance! Proud Member of Axis & Allies Underground
For me, it's a tie betwen Platoon 1 and Platoon 4. I like Plt.1 because it offers flexibility for my foot troops but at that same time Plt. 4 has two very nice tank destroyers.
For pure utility as an armor force I would probably choose plt 4.
If it were to be platoon vs platoon I would lean towards the venerable tiger.  Ive seen a lone tiger do some crazy stuff regardless of what the number crunching odds say should happen.

GW
ir. 
Your Avalon Hill VCL 0c9b9c4639e3c9294f5e1f424cee47a3.jpg?v=42600
Platoon 3 for me.

Steve

My choice also. Some say the SS and veteran units are over rated. But IMO moving while disrupted kinda makes it hard to get a Panzer where you want it for a easy kill. Plus the little jager has speed on its side and a half decent 0-1 attack.
The potentcy of the 88 was that it was present, in reasonable numbers, when it was needed, They had them. We did not. And anything an enemy has which makes life unpleasant for you tends to earn a larger-than-life reputation. Ian Hogg IMAGE(http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu197/obermasterfuhrer/Axis%20and%20Allies/Resignationsig2.jpg)A&A Underground AAM Database
I like Platoon 4. Some nice tank destroyers to flank with plus a speedy vehicle for close up attacks or anti-infantry.
Platoon IV

2 hard hitting nicely armored units + a flexilble (S+F) fast anti Infantry unit.
...,... and Rock'n Roll - but Minis are fun too...
Platoon III

SS Pz IV has a great gun & extended range.  To be able to move while disrupted can be a life saver.

Veteran Pz III L  has a good gun & is on par with a Sherman.

Both have Def 5, which is good too.

PzJgr I can keep the small stuff at bay.  H/T and the like.

Sunning Turtle
"We're not lost private. We're in Normandy." Lt. Dick Winters, Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506 PIR, 101st Airborne Division, 1944.
Sign In to post comments