Planechase 2012 Ninja speculation

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
So according to today's Magic Arcana www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a... there will be Night of the Ninja, which without doubt will deal with the plane of Kamigawa.

What I'm interested in is what the third ninja color will be. "Finally, there are brand new cards that are legal in Eternal formats. It's probably worth mentioning that there's a cycle of multicolored Legendary creatures." I'm confident that the first two colors will be blue and black, but what will the third color be? My guess is green, enemy color to the other two, if Maelstrom Wanderer is to be of any indication.

So a new mythic legendary ninja that is blue, black, and green, that possibly has some sort of insane ninjitsu-related ability? And if green is the third color, then other possible new green ninjas?

I know this is very early but I'm so excited of the possibilities x_x.

Multi-colored can also be two-colored and at this moment there isn't much reason to assume that they follow some kind of cycle just because one preview card does it. Ninjas don't make much sense in Green and Red and White would also be stretching it. 


That being said, having ninjas seems almost certain.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.


Multi-colored can also be two-colored and at this moment there isn't much reason to assume that they follow some kind of cycle just because one preview card does it. Ninjas don't make much sense in Green and Red and White would also be stretching it. 


That being said, having ninjas seems almost certain.




Uh...I already bolded the section that says "cycle of multcolored Legendary creatures." If it's a cycle, then it's a cycle. No point calling it a cycle if it isn't a cycle. Maelstrom Wanderer is three colors, if it's part of a cycle, that stands to reason that the other 3 legends will be three color too, or no point calling it a cycle.

Flavorwise, creatures can learn to adapt to other colors. Kamahl went from red to green for example. A ninja using nature-based ninjitsu wouldn't be an impossible idea. 
I think red makes sense cuz ninja are pretty sneak attack
It's strange to get a cycle of five three-colored legends with only four decks. Some deck has more than one of them, which means said deck has 4 or 5 colors. I'd say Chaos Reigns is the five-colored one.
[<o>]
All creatures not in play gain ninjitsu equal to their casting cost?
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
The ninja deck probably is going to be Black/Red/White
The Auras are Going Green/White/Blue
Primordial will be Green/Red/Blue
Chaos for 5 Color with Leans to Black

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

The ninja deck probably is going to be Black/Red/White
The Auras are Going Green/White/Blue
Primordial will be Green/Red/Blue
Chaos for 5 Color with Leans to Black



You do know the original ninja colors were black and blue yeah?

We have too little information to guess the color contents of any of these decks other than one of them one of them has red-blue-green in it.
I'll start believeing in green ninjas when I'll see green ninjas.  Until then, I'll say it is really improbable.  But give me some monks anytime.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Green would make sense if the decks are arranged in wedges, but Red seems like both the easiest way to fit Ninjas in flavourwise, and the clear best-fit colour for Ninjutsu (better than Blue or Black, even).
Red seems like both the easiest way to fit Ninjas in flavourwise, and the clear best-fit colour for Ninjutsu (better than Blue or Black, even).

You'll have to explain that one to me 

Official Speaker of the Expanded Multiverse Project, Step into Dominia-Embrace the infinite Magic of the Planes. This -> is my favorite smiley, I will use it often and without reason. You have been warned.
The Story of My Love
79035425 wrote:
BURSTING WITH VIGOR!
Trolljuju wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued his slow trudge up the snowy mountain. The wind was strong and fiercely cold, but he pressed against it. Juju knew Beast Engine was somewhere at the peak, waiting for him. But this was not a matter of confronting the forces of nature themselves; that had been accomplished long before, and was now too easy to maintain the manly man's interest. Today, Beast Engine was here waiting for a friend. Trolljuju's mind drifted from his appointment to thoughts of Beast Engine's manliness. The only man in history to punch the fossilized remains of a dinosaur back to life just to punch it to death again. The man who deflected bullets with his pectoral muscles during his daily assassination attempts. The man who cured cancer with a serum made from pure crystalized virility. The man who burst with vigor. Not just a man but a Man- the manliest of all men. A god of masculinity in physical form. Trolljuju's heart fluttered at the memory of him and lightened his steps as he pressed on. Suddenly, he was shaken from his reverie by a deep, powerful rumble in the mountain that shook him to his core. Instinctively, he threw himself to the ground just before the slope ahead of him exploded in a fiery wall of light and heat. So great was the force that the entire upper section of the mountain was vaproized. It scorched Juju's coat, then rose on the air to drift far away, a plume of white-hot ash. When Trolljuju lifted his head to see what was left behind, he beheld a wide, perfectly flat stone plateau, and in the distance he could see a muscular figure, his foot still held up from the kick. There was no doubt it was Beast Engine. As soon as the ground beneath him cooled, Juju cast his heavy pack aside and ran. As the figure grew with closeness, he could see Beast Engine was nude, as was expected. The snow that fell near him turned to a thin wall of steam, looking to Trolljuju's eyes like a barrier. Engine was too strong, too manly to occupy the same space as the ordinary universe. He lived in a world all his own. But fortunately for Juju, it was only an illusion. He ran at full speed into Engine, who caught him with both arms and effortlessly twirled with him, resting with Juju dipped low to the ground in Engine's arms. "Beast Engine, my love," Trolljuju breathed, sturck with awe at Engine's masculine beauty despite the familiarity of his face. Engine just smiled, radiating from every inch of him with incredible strength, yet gentle warmth. "It's been so long, Juju. I've missed you." "Forgive me. I lost contact with you while you were boxing with Death to win back and consume the soul of Theodore Roosevelt. But now I'm here..." Juju lifted one tentative hand to Engine's face, but he pulled away. "You know I cannot give you what you seek. Were we to make love, your body would be destroyed by the force." "I know, of course I would," Juju responded, tears in his eyes. "May I have, at least, one kiss?" "Very well. For you, my friend." Slowly, gingerly, they came closer. But the moment their lips met, a flood of unbridled manliness rushed into Trolljuju, body and soul, and every cell in his body exploded. Beast Engine fell to his knees, and in his grief, he wept. The tears that fell from his face burned deep into the rock beneath him. But slowly, his sorrow turned to conviction. He beat the crap out of Death once. He could do it again.
I'll start believeing in green ninjas when I'll see green ninjas.


You know, it's not nearly as fun if you make it that easy.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Green would make sense if the decks are arranged in wedges, but Red seems like both the easiest way to fit Ninjas in flavourwise, and the clear best-fit colour for Ninjutsu (better than Blue or Black, even).



*sits in wingback armchair and tents fingers*


I'm listening...
Uhh, I'm putting my money on it being UB, if not, white or red could fit. Red because ninja are rebellious farmers, white because nobody knows there rebellious farmers and assumes they have some sort of order or whatever. >.> but screw ninjas, PIRATES!
Photobucket
As the third color that is.
Photobucket
If memory serves, the third color for Ninjas is Ornithopter.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
^win.
Photobucket
I'll start believeing in green ninjas when I'll see green ninjas.


You know, it's not nearly as fun if you make it that easy.


I think I'll go put "I do not consider changelings or mistforms being the creature type I'm talking about" and be done with it once and for all.
worship the horn
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28209491/Conch_Horn
Taking a guess!
P.S. I love that there's more Planechase comming!

Chaos Reigns :Wm::Um::Bm::Rm::Gm: with a lot of instants and sorceries.
Night of the Ninja :Um::Bm: with a considerable amount of artifacts.
Primordial Hunger :Rm: with a lot of land and creatures... maybe some :Gm:.
Savage Auras :Wm::Gm: with a considerbale amount of enchantments.
Show
My Decks http://community.wizards.com/vennsvaults/go/forum/viewcategory/138835/Venns_Vaults My Bronation Station http://community.wizards.com/pony My 1000th post! On Thursday 03/13/2011! Yay St. Patric's day. How to play many other Casual Magic Formats http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29198663/?sdb=1&pg=last#521400213 Many of these were on the Magic Resources Site years ago. It was removed around the time 2HG became a sanctioned format. Purple Work Station http://community.wizards.com/purpleworkstation/go/forum/viewboard IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Red seems like both the easiest way to fit Ninjas in flavourwise, and the clear best-fit colour for Ninjutsu (better than Blue or Black, even).

You'll have to explain that one to me 






*sits in wingback armchair and tents fingers*


I'm listening...



Well, regarding the flavour of Ninjas Red is the least bad fit between the three remaining colours. I find it more plausible to play them as agents of discord than of either law or nature. In terms of mechanics, the entire purpose of Ninjutsu is unpredictability. While Blue seems to have a monopoly on the concept of 'trickery' (for some reason), I see it as a better fit with Red conceptually. Blue mages should be well-prepared, and Red mages should be equipped to subvert those preparations through unpredictability.

I also don't know how Morph managed to become primarily Blue; the Blue portion of the colour pie gets some mechanics that really don't seem to fit it well. The main problem, really, is that not a lot gets done to emphasise the not-on-fire side of Red, because however chaotic a card's effect, if it doesn't contain the word 'random' it tends to get thrown into Blue just for being complex. Blue gets the unpredictability and the pranks, while Red is strictly limited to cards that are either a) angry, b) on fire, or c) both. Wizards did try to shift the colour pie from an 'elemental' approach to more of a 'philosophical' one, but they seemed to forget Red. While the notion of what other colours represent has shifted, and in theory the same has gone for Red, on the cards Red still represents earth, fire and not much else.

The real unfortunate thing is the ongoing notion that 'an intelligent mage is necessarily Blue', which leads to 'if a mage is able to trick another mage, he is necessarily Blue'. Blue is the colour of scholarship, not intellect. All the colours should get to have smart people. As an example, Batman's Joker is chaotic in his goals. A lot of people would mark him as R/U solely because he is intelligent enough to play tricks, despite the fact that there is basically nothing about his character to match Blue's philosophy.

Sorry, that went a little off topic. It's a thing that bugs me.
Blue achieves its goals through deception.

Black achieves its goals through subversion.

Red acheives its goals through direct brute force.

Ninjas don't run into a place and hack up everyone in the place to get their target...and anyone else who might be nearby.
They sneak in dressed in unassuming garb, stab their target in the neck, and jump out the window.

What ninjas do isn't chaotic or random. It's very calculated and precise. A ninja attack may be difficult to predict, but that's not because of any inherent randomness. It's due to the clandestine nature of the attack.
The third color for ninjas will be orange.
Is it wrong I want to see a mutant ninja turtle in the deck? Also, the deck will probably be just u/b. Only way green (the most likely color due to the announced legends) works is by making token swarms to increase the chance of an unblocked creature.
The 3rd color for ninjas should obviously be Octarine.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
Blue achieves its goals through deception.

Black achieves its goals through subversion.

Red acheives its goals through direct brute force.

Ninjas don't run into a place and hack up everyone in the place to get their target...and anyone else who might be nearby.
They sneak in dressed in unassuming garb, stab their target in the neck, and jump out the window.

What ninjas do isn't chaotic or random. It's very calculated and precise. A ninja attack may be difficult to predict, but that's not because of any inherent randomness. It's due to the clandestine nature of the attack.



There's nothing here linking 'deception' to Blue (in fact, Blue's dedication to scientific method and learning ought to lead it to value integrity more than any other colour); if anything, Black should be linked to wilful deception. As far as Red goes, 'emotion' does not equal 'uncontrollable, destructive rage'; that's a failure of card design more than anything else (incidentally, is bounce, as a mechanic, described by any part of that chart as well as it is by 'short-sighted'?). Ninjas, as a concept, don't instantly match any part of the colour pie, but I can see ninjas working with Red motives. Not every Red character has to be uncontrollably berserk twenty-four hours a day; standing against authority is Red enough.

My point is that a character's motivation is a better indicator of their alignment than their methods. If a character acts in support of the law they're probably White, against civilisation they're probably Green, in support of freedom they're Red, for themselves they'll be Black, and for science they're Blue. The trap people fall into is 'do they think for even one second about how they're going to achieve their goals? Oh, then they must be Blue or Black'. Intelligence isn't the sole purview of a single colour. Blue plans the most, of course, because 'inaction' is right there in their slice of the pie. That doesn't mean that Red has to go into everything with no plan whatsoever.

This is an aspect of Red that's quite rightly underrepresented in the cards; chaos. If you really want to emphasise the 'don't really care if we win' side of Red in-game, you'll end up with a severely unerpowered colour. 'Chaos' is a concept that can't logically be taken to its extreme and remain competitive, but 'freedom' can, and that aspect is easy enough to tie in with a faction of ninjas. Allowing a character some degree of decision-making capacity does not stop them being Red. So, Black ninjas are mercenary assassins, Red ninjas are anti-establishment freedom fighters, and Blue ninjas are ninjas because, uh, bounce is in Blue (for some reason)?
Black ninjas are assassins who kill to preserve their own power or the power of their superiors.
Blue ninjas are spies and thieves who steal information.

Red might not always be the bull in a china shop with the uncontrollable berserker rage...but the biggest hall marks of red's part of the pie is being short-sighted, emotional, and spontaneous. The amount of careful planning that goes into successful ninjatude is directly at odds with all of those. If a ninja doesn't plan their attack meticulously and enact the plan perfectly, you are looking at a bungled endeavor. Red isn't stupid, but it simply doesn't plan far enough ahead to deceive.
Blue achieves its goals through deception.

Black achieves its goals through subversion.

Red acheives its goals through direct brute force.

Ninjas don't run into a place and hack up everyone in the place to get their target...and anyone else who might be nearby.
They sneak in dressed in unassuming garb, stab their target in the neck, and jump out the window.

What ninjas do isn't chaotic or random. It's very calculated and precise. A ninja attack may be difficult to predict, but that's not because of any inherent randomness. It's due to the clandestine nature of the attack.



Someone didn't go the the Ninja school in the Villiage Hidden in the Leaves, or else he'd know Ninjas have magic powers and do things as blatantly and un-ninja-like as possible. Believe it!!!

Yeah, ans instead of assassins the create armies....of ninjas...to fight wars of ninjas...against countries...of ninjas....

dattebayo...
Yeah, ans instead of assassins the create armies....of ninjas...to fight wars of ninjas...against countries...of ninjas.... dattebayo...



They also have Doctor Ninja!
Don't forget ninja day care to teach your little cupcakes how to kill!
Don't forget ninja day care to teach your little cupcakes how to kill!



Silly, Ninjas only kill as a last resort, which is doubly true after the would-be-assassinated person recounts a sad tale about his terrible childhood in which s/he was abused and shunned by their peers.

@ChaosLight and Elemental_Elf: Ninjas like to say "Screw Colour Pie, I have lung cancer.", and "Sometimes when I'm alone I take this form and look at myself for hours."  That's what they do.

Red can't be ninja, because Red is samurai.  Ninja aren't free.  Ninja don't fight for anything.  Ninja are pure business.  Ninja came from ninja clans, where art was pretty much beaten out of them.  They made Ninja Houses (waaaay too much forethought to be red), and worked in secret.

Samurai were in castles with opsticals to make themselves better.  In actuallity, several castles had hallways and stairways that made mazes, with different sized stairs to slow armies charging through them.  They also had different things to indicate which hall went where, weather it was a word or shape above the doors, specific pots/statues etc.

Since we may or may not have made anime references, look at Samurai Champloo.  Moogin is the red Samurai, while Jean is the white one.  Samurai's belonged to their lords, unless they were ronin (not a place of honour), and could do relatively whatever they wanted in their free time.  That's why samurais were artists and poets.  They were also known for being jerks who looked for fights.

Interresting look through history.  Knights and Samurai are similar, right?  They fight for their lords, have codes of conduct (Chivalry and Bushido), fight skillfully with a sword, ride horses and are ranked above the average person, right?  Look at the colours that represent them best through magic.  White.  If you get into their second colours, Knights are black, while Samurai are red.  Some fight for their own power/lordship, while the others fight for freedom of his or her nation.

Show
My Decks http://community.wizards.com/vennsvaults/go/forum/viewcategory/138835/Venns_Vaults My Bronation Station http://community.wizards.com/pony My 1000th post! On Thursday 03/13/2011! Yay St. Patric's day. How to play many other Casual Magic Formats http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29198663/?sdb=1&pg=last#521400213 Many of these were on the Magic Resources Site years ago. It was removed around the time 2HG became a sanctioned format. Purple Work Station http://community.wizards.com/purpleworkstation/go/forum/viewboard IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png)
Of course I have to admit that I could be completely wrong (this is speculation after all) and that the cycle of mythic legends across the 4 planechase sets don't even correspond to eachother by a color pattern. Maybe it'll be just their CMC, power/toughness, etc.

But I'm going to take a leap of faith anyway and bet that the Night of the Ninja set won't be just blue and black. We know for sure they are printing brand new cards and as a result will most likely take an opportunity to surprise us. I'm confident there will be a third color to the ninja added in somewhere, whether or not its a color splash or a pure color for the individual ninja cards, that's anyone's guess.

As unlikely as the idea is to other people, I'll still believe in a green, blue, and black combination. Many things in nature are concealed, think of natural camoflauge for example (octopus, chameleon), or mimicry (leaf insect). It wouldn't be completely absurd to imagine green-based ninjitsu, at the very least it opens up the design space much wider.

As unlikely as the idea is to other people, I'll still believe in a green, blue, and black combination. Many things in nature are concealed, think of natural camoflauge for example (octopus, chameleon), or mimicry (leaf insect). It wouldn't be completely absurd to imagine green-based ninjitsu, at the very least it opens up the design space much wider.


Plus Canopy Cover type abilities are quite conducive to ninjutsu.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Blue and Black feel most Ninja-like of the 5 colors. Of those remaining, White feels too nice and red too overtly (and thoughtlessly) violent. That leaves Green as the logical choice for the third Ninja color. Not only does green have cards that make assassination deadlier ([c]titanic growth[c/]-ed Shuriken) but it also has a preference of the Reach keyword (which always had a feel of sniping) as well as cards that force creatures to fight out of combat. Its not a perfect fit as a Green Ninja would probably be like an Elvish assassin killing evil Oil Company Tycoons, which isn't exactly the stereotypical image of a ninja (but still better than a White Carebear Ninja befriending enemies with Ninja Hugs or a Raging Minotaur Ninja hacking threw hordes of enemies with his "Ninja Horns").
Blue and Black feel most Ninja-like of the 5 colors. Of those remaining, White feels too nice and red too overtly (and thoughtlessly) violent. That leaves Green as the logical choice for the third Ninja color. Not only does green have cards that make assassination deadlier ([c]titanic growth[c/]-ed Shuriken) but it also has a preference of the Reach keyword (which always had a feel of sniping) as well as cards that force creatures to fight out of combat. Its not a perfect fit as a Green Ninja would probably be like an Elvish assassin killing evil Oil Company Tycoons, which isn't exactly the stereotypical image of a ninja (but still better than a White Carebear Ninja befriending enemies with Ninja Hugs or a Raging Minotaur Ninja hacking threw hordes of enemies with his "Ninja Horns").



White isn't nice. 

Of all the colors, only black comes close to its potential for evil.  Blue just doesn't care about morality.  Red is just wow, pretty explosions, ooh I feel like setting that on fire.  Green is just about being bigger and stronger or hugging a tree.  And black is about the individual, use others for your personal gain, then discard them.  White though, white is the potential for lasting evil.  You don't just conquer your enemies, you don't just use them, no, you eradicate them completely or turn them into you.  While black might have a guy who tries to rule eternally, white orders an entire society to carry on its ideals from generation to generation.  While black likes to kill a person here, a person there, white routinely smites entire groups of people or planes of entities because they aren't conforming to what white wants from them.

The devs, well, they rarely let white be evil.  They like to make them the good guys.  They rarely let white's intolerance shine, rarely let white run about with a conform or die attitude, death to the infidels.  But it does get to happen at times.  Farrelite Priest, for example, makes mention of their brutal methods.  And there's the white phyrexians in Scars of Mirrodin.  Of the 5 Phyrexian groups in Scars, it is the white ones who ought to be the ones most likely to set out to absorb another plane.  Of course, the devs often screw it up.  The elves in Morningtide, for example, behaved as if they were W/G, not W/B.  Highly structured society, intolerant of outsiders, fail to conform and be destroyed or exiled.  But that's the fault of the devs, not the color.

So white would actually make a pretty good color for ninjas.  Dedicated troops who believe wholeheartedly in a cause, highly trained and organized, dispatched by the order to deal with problem infidels.

On the other hand, a bunch of people camping in the woods, taking breaks to smoke herbs and hug trees...not very ninja.

I'm putting my money on green. After all, green's go to tribe is essentially a race of pointy eared magical forest ninjas. Hell, most snakemen in Kawigama were ninja-like since they ambushed and "posioned" their enemies. Just check out the art and flavor- lots of them are sneaking in trees, jumping around, waiting to pounce of their enemies, or ready to shoot baddies down.

Red feels too direct and wild. That's why most of their cards in Kawigama were samurais, goblins, and warriors. White is more about guarding the home- hense loads of samurais, clerics and soldiers.

So yeah, I'm thinking snakeman ninjas. Could be cool. But who knows until we get some spoilers.
I'm putting my money on green as well. Mainly due to the spoiled card and the word cycle. There are only 21 new cards and 6 cards per deck. Either 5 of these will be wedge generals, 10 will be 3 color generals, or they will mess up the #'s balance between the color combinations again. At this point I would guess the first and hope for the second.

As far as what color represents a ninja more, first we have to define what a ninja is. I feel that a ninja by definition is someone who is highly trained, highly disiplined, and has studied for a long time. Ninja's are mainly used as assassins. They use stealth, sometimes magic, usually martial arts to get their jobs done.

Why a ninja could be blue:

(flavor): A ninja has to study for a long time before being able to do what they are trained to do. The job a ninja performs is usually part of the bigger picture. Even if they are unaware of why they are doing something it's a blue act if they do it as part of a grand plan.

(game): Ninja's were already blue (lame but fits). Bounce has been labled blue, though it's a red effect. Ninjitsu is a johnny mechanic, blue is the johnny color. Blue has evasion, ninja's like evasion.

Why a ninja could be black:

(flavor): Assassionation has always been linked to black. Ninja's are known for trickery and deciet. They will take whatever measures they need to do get what they want (more the group then the individual).

(game): Already in black. black has some evasion. Black is the best at killing creatures.

Why a ninja could be red:

(flavor): Ninja's have a chaotic feel. Not that they are chaotic, but they create chaos for their opponent. They are also very adaptive to changing situations. Red doesn't (usually) create chaos for chaos sake, they do it because they know how to react to it, just like a ninja.

(game): Red has a few cool design spaces they could take ninjas to. Their Sabotage abilities (trigger when they hit the player) havent been used up by ninjas. Also red's access to haste seems very in line with what ninjas are trying to do.

Why a ninja could be green:

(flavor): One thing that is common with martial arts and ninja lore is harmony with your surroundings. This feels very green to me. Also once trained martial arts becomes instinct.

(game): IMO, ninjas are a specilized group of rogues. Rogues, while also typically UB, have been dipping into green for a while now. Most notibly with Edric. Green has also been getting alot of Sabatoge abilities. Also green fits very thematicly with Ninjitsu, some evasion or greens knack for making opponents make bad blocking choices.

Why a ninja could be White:

(Flavor): Ninjas are highly disciplined. While they may not (dont) follow the typical rules of society, they do adhere to their own code of conduct and ruleset. They are usually hive minded when it comes to their order and believes in their law above all else. They also find themselves to be above the worlds laws, similar to how white feels.

(Game): white has a mild amound of evasion and some fun elements of sabatoge abilites that could be explored with ninjas. white is very similar to green in the combat tricks making sure that a defending opponent has no blocking options.



What 3rd color should be a ninja?

In my opinion there are 2 options. Red is more flavorful for a ninja. Where a ninja strikes chaos is likely to follow. Green on the other hand has the most likely feel for the direction things have been going in the game mechanics itself. Green has been exploring the sabatoge abilities (that ninjas need) more than any other color and have picked up rogues as one of their standby classes.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Blue and Black feel most Ninja-like of the 5 colors. Of those remaining, White feels too nice and red too overtly (and thoughtlessly) violent. That leaves Green as the logical choice for the third Ninja color. Not only does green have cards that make assassination deadlier ([c]titanic growth[c/]-ed Shuriken) but it also has a preference of the Reach keyword (which always had a feel of sniping) as well as cards that force creatures to fight out of combat. Its not a perfect fit as a Green Ninja would probably be like an Elvish assassin killing evil Oil Company Tycoons, which isn't exactly the stereotypical image of a ninja (but still better than a White Carebear Ninja befriending enemies with Ninja Hugs or a Raging Minotaur Ninja hacking threw hordes of enemies with his "Ninja Horns").



White isn't nice. 

Of all the colors, only black comes close to its potential for evil.  Blue just doesn't care about morality.  Red is just wow, pretty explosions, ooh I feel like setting that on fire.  Green is just about being bigger and stronger or hugging a tree.  And black is about the individual, use others for your personal gain, then discard them.  White though, white is the potential for lasting evil.  You don't just conquer your enemies, you don't just use them, no, you eradicate them completely or turn them into you.  While black might have a guy who tries to rule eternally, white orders an entire society to carry on its ideals from generation to generation.  While black likes to kill a person here, a person there, white routinely smites entire groups of people or planes of entities because they aren't conforming to what white wants from them.

The devs, well, they rarely let white be evil.  They like to make them the good guys.  They rarely let white's intolerance shine, rarely let white run about with a conform or die attitude, death to the infidels.  But it does get to happen at times.  Farrelite Priest, for example, makes mention of their brutal methods.  And there's the white phyrexians in Scars of Mirrodin.  Of the 5 Phyrexian groups in Scars, it is the white ones who ought to be the ones most likely to set out to absorb another plane.  Of course, the devs often screw it up.  The elves in Morningtide, for example, behaved as if they were W/G, not W/B.  Highly structured society, intolerant of outsiders, fail to conform and be destroyed or exiled.  But that's the fault of the devs, not the color.

So white would actually make a pretty good color for ninjas.  Dedicated troops who believe wholeheartedly in a cause, highly trained and organized, dispatched by the order to deal with problem infidels.

On the other hand, a bunch of people camping in the woods, taking breaks to smoke herbs and hug trees...not very ninja.




White is about the community and a fundimental respect for the rule of law. White would have to be corrupted and/or twisted (like Phyrexian White or Orzhov) to condone Ninjas in any fashion. White does not assassinate people they do not like in the middle of the night, they prefer to put their enemies on trial for the whole world to see that White has laws that cannot be broken without consequences. At the very least, White would drag their enemy out and face them in open combat (such as knights dueling).
It should be noted that ninjas were frequently nobles or hired by nobles to do dirty work they didn't want done in the open.
I could easily see ninjas in white so long as they believed that the ends justified the means. Granted its more of a stretch than blue or black, but I don't think its outside the realm of possibility.

White is about the community and a fundimental respect for the rule of law. White would have to be corrupted and/or twisted (like Phyrexian White or Orzhov) to condone Ninjas in any fashion. White does not assassinate people they do not like in the middle of the night, they prefer to put their enemies on trial for the whole world to see that White has laws that cannot be broken without consequences. At the very least, White would drag their enemy out and face them in open combat (such as knights dueling).



That's the thing, white can assassinate people in the night.

The Cause is good, the Cause is all, the Cause justifies this.  Those that do not follow the Cause have no place, no rights, and should be removed.  You can call that white corrupted, but it isn't.  It is just the evil side of white.  Secret police and such.  People disappear, everyone knows the "State" did it, but nobody will say a word against it, for to not conform is to be the next to be disappeared.  A village will be wiped out as if it never existed, because it was ordered and the guy given the orders did his duty.  Dueling?  That's all well good if the Cause says it is so.  But if the Cause says that those that don't follow the cause properly have no rights, no soul, whatever, then disappearing them is perfectly fine, because it isn't against the Law, against the Cause.  If the Cause says the few must die so that the majority can be saved, this too is fine.  Again, white can be so very evil, attempting to control all.  It isn't necessarily due to a black influence, just that pure order can mean little tolerance of anything else.

But even if you want to hold a nicer view of white, it still doesn't exclude ninjas.  They could serve the purpose of a secret police organization.  Observing people, gathering information, to insure that lawbreakers are caught and punished.  Someone is suspected, ninjas infiltrate and gather the necessary information.  And, in certain cases, to deal with those that would otherwise be above the law, who would escape their just punishment, to insure that the guilty are punished.  A control on the society to insure that there is "Justice" for all.
Sign In to post comments